The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:
So, not diving, but getting deliberately kicked to con the ref to penalise the opposition emoji848.png

Theres no way you are this stupid

Just stating what you said

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

See where the defender is, anticipate his move towards the ball and get yourself in a position where he's going to connect with you first. We got a penalty when he could see that the defender was going to clear the ball and had the sense to stick his foot to the ball letting the player kick him instead.

9 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

M and M were sacked when we had 31 points after 18 games. 

Sheerin has 22 points after 14. Lose once in the next 4 and we’ll be in the same position as when the last 2 managers were sacked. 

Im not suggesting we should get rid of Sheerin but I think we’re very lucky to not be floating adrift at this moment. Doesn’t take much to please some of our fans but I’m still far from convinced. 

It's been far from convincing for me too, but he's here til the seasons end, minimum. So dispense with the sacking talk. It will get/has got us absolutely nowhere.

We finished 5th last year, getting into the play offs would be a bonus, winning the league tremendous.

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

It's been far from convincing for me too, but he's here til the seasons end, minimum. So dispense with the sacking talk. It will get/has got us absolutely nowhere.

We finished 5th last year, getting into the play offs would be a bonus, winning the league tremendous.

Ambitions and capabilities springs to mind 🤭

Just now, laughing gravie said:

Ambitions and capabilities springs to mind 🤭

Why I specifically included that last sentence. This division is wide open right now & any team from the top 6 COULD find themselves Champions, or promoted, come the seasons end. NONE of them have been convincing.

Ambitions and capabilities springs to mind [emoji2960]

We’ll have a better idea of where we are in terms of league challenge in the next 4 weeks.

You know I think will do quite well against Raith but that’s the cup. Getting out of this league either by winning it outright or through the play offs is a must.

If we are still in the mix come beginning January then the transfer window should be interesting.

4 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

We’ll have a better idea of where we are in terms of league challenge in the next 4 weeks.

You know I think will do quite well against Raith but that’s the cup. Getting out of this league either by winning it outright or through the play offs is a must.

If we are still in the mix come beginning January then the transfer window should be interesting.

In the mix? They could as easily finish 5th again, or worse.

33 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Why I specifically included that last sentence. This division is wide open right now & any team from the top 6 COULD find themselves Champions, or promoted, come the seasons end. NONE of them have been convincing.

TBH, the way results are going, any team with a decent run could win it.

No team has been outstanding, and as you say, it's wide open.

19 hours ago, kiddy said:

In the mix? They could as easily finish 5th again, or worse.

We are nothing special but neither are those wanting promotion as well.

After all that has gone on since the start of the season we should be thankful we are still in the mix.

If we do sign somebody in January would rather have one outstanding quality signing that not only be an asset for promotion but get us challenging next season. Early 30's with 3 - 4 seasons left.

That should be a center half