The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

It changes the topic from the monotonous shite this season. 

Nothing wrong with a wee throwback to mull over previous disasters. It's nostalgic.

Personally I am completely scunnered with our disasters be they  current or previous.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

New board empty the sporting director then the rest will fall into place, Sheerin doesnt come across the sort of person that would throw Holt under the bus if he has been meddlign in first team side of things but think a lot of our issues is down to GH arrival not to mention a toxic board even KK said he wanted to work with a functional board and ours isnt.

53 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

It beats what some nugget posted with saying we were 800k in debt 

It was from the Daily Heil  (sorry) Mail so if anybody took that as gospel. then saying they were gullible would have gullible people complaining that they were that deranged.

Most likely it was an 800k loss over the financial year 

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It was from the Daily Heil  (sorry) Mail so if anybody took that as gospel. then saying they were gullible would have gullible people complaining that they were that deranged.

Most likely it was an 800k loss over the financial year 

Dont read it and i would probably take news reported by the Sport (is that still going) as more believable than the DM

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont really give any fucks about Yogi going to the Pars tbh. We would have squabbled about whether he was right for us if we took him back at any point in the last 3 years. And that aside, why wouldn't he go there.... They can't get worse, have at worst a playoff squad and will probably be weighing him in quite well. Given that we are currently a joke outfit showing no signs of getting out of this league, and more than likely facing multiple higher budget teams next season, i'd probably be hoping he keeps them up tbh. 

Long past worrying about petty rivalries, more concerned about being driven to a point where my dislike for our own club supercedes that of any other. 

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Feel nothing but apathy now with regards to our club. 

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

How did we do with him as manager in the years prior? And how have we got on since?

As already said, we done well but he lost the plot in 2008. His mistakes were just the beginning of a spiral. (2015/16 apart).

Lets remember, he had Eddie May working wonders in the academy and a solid coach as his assistant. 

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

New board empty the sporting director then the rest will fall into place, Sheerin doesnt come across the sort of person that would throw Holt under the bus if he has been meddlign in first team side of things but think a lot of our issues is down to GH arrival not to mention a toxic board even KK said he wanted to work with a functional board and ours isnt.

Please don't create a narrative where Cone Man staying in the job is acceptable . He must go.

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Correct. We should have comfortably stayed up that season and we would have had they not made the ridiculous decision to appoint Eddie May.

We had an excellent chance to rebuild after Hughes as we were still in the top flight and we blew it with the May appointment.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

All to become clear at the AGM?

We have been working behind the scenes over the last few months to put in place
the final pieces of a new and exciting ownership and governance structure that you will hear more about at
the AGM. I hope this will provide an opportunity to build a successful future for the club that we all love.

32 minutes ago, brokeville said:

the final pieces of a new and exciting ownership and governance structure that you will hear more about at
the AGM. I hope this will provide an opportunity to build a successful future for the club that we all love.

We?

Where has this quote come from ?