The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Our esteemed ‘Director of Football’ is surely all thats needed to make more horrendous signings in January? 

He'll need funds to pish down the drain though. If there's no movement on the bod front there won't be much in the way of cash to spend.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

image.png.de1f95c6a39f4a2d81d6883647206d8d.png

This as bizarre a sight for you guys as it is for me?

Ah man, that's rough. I'm seemingly too far away from general Scottish football gossip, because I didn't even know that was on the cards. Players have been going back and forth between the clubs recently to be fair.

Whilst I've never wanted Hughes to return to Falkirk, I'd absolutely prefer him to what we have currently in place. Sheerin - nice guy blah blah - but I find everything about him, his style of play and so-called "system" beyond dull. Absolutely insipid and so, so uninspiring.

Dont really give any fucks about Yogi going to the Pars tbh. We would have squabbled about whether he was right for us if we took him back at any point in the last 3 years. And that aside, why wouldn't he go there.... They can't get worse, have at worst a playoff squad and will probably be weighing him in quite well. Given that we are currently a joke outfit showing no signs of getting out of this league, and more than likely facing multiple higher budget teams next season, i'd probably be hoping he keeps them up tbh. 

Long past worrying about petty rivalries, more concerned about being driven to a point where my dislike for our own club supercedes that of any other. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont really give any fucks about Yogi going to the Pars tbh. We would have squabbled about whether he was right for us if we took him back at any point in the last 3 years. And that aside, why wouldn't he go there.... They can't get worse, have at worst a playoff squad and will probably be weighing him in quite well. Given that we are currently a joke outfit showing no signs of getting out of this league, and more than likely facing multiple higher budget teams next season, i'd probably be hoping he keeps them up tbh. 

Long past worrying about petty rivalries, more concerned about being driven to a point where my dislike for our own club supercedes that of any other. 

Aye this. Couldn't care less about yogi going there. What would really be a sore one is if he got latapy to join him

Edited by Believe The Hype

14 hours ago, Russ said:

Winger to replace the ringer McDaid is needed as well.

How he escaped being subbed on Saturday is as head scratching as Hetherington first name on the team sheet.

Although the pre Dumbarton interview with McGuffie was a mess, ask how good it is to having Morrison back who replaced you, ask how bad it felt about losing the late goal as you were on the bench and how great was your goal from three week ago.

28 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Whilst I've never wanted Hughes to return to Falkirk, I'd absolutely prefer him to what we have currently in place. Sheerin - nice guy blah blah - but I find everything about him, his style of play and so-called "system" beyond dull. Absolutely insipid and so, so uninspiring.

Very much where I am, deep down you don't want Yogi but it's so bad the thing you think you don't want is a better option 😶😶

11 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Not disputing that but he started the rot that has led to where we are today. 

Let’s not eh? He is one of our most successful managers in our history. The “rot” also could’ve finally ended with one of our best squads (2015/16) in modern history taking the last wee step.. 

18 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Rubbish, he left us in a Scottish Cup final and in European football for the 1st time in our history.

and Lee Bullen, Neil McCann, Jackie McNamara, Steve Lovell and Burton O'Brien on wages that absolutely crippled us. 6 months later he left we had the board scrambling to have a share issue to get some cash in the door. 

We had some great times under Yogi but he left us in the shit. That cup run papered over the cracks.