The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Some newspapers really do scrape the bottom of the barrel for stories these days…..

They also published screenshots of football manager to show what it thought of our team and interestingly Gary Holt got a 5/20 for his ability to judge a players ability which isn't really far off the mark. Alluded to him being better suited as a fitness coach which I found amusing.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

They also published screenshots of football manager to show what it thought of our team and interestingly Gary Holt got a 5/20 for his ability to judge a players ability which isn't really far off the mark. Alluded to him being better suited as a fitness coach which I found amusing.

Generous imo

How long is it going to take for Falkirk fans to look forward with excitement about the team playing football? The last few years have made Saturdays my worst day of the week. I don't ask for much just a management team that can produce good performances and a board that gives me a wee bit of hope

4 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

How long is it going to take for Falkirk fans to look forward with excitement about the team playing football? The last few years have made Saturdays my worst day of the week. I don't ask for much just a management team that can produce good performances and a board that gives me a wee bit of hope

It won't be anytime soon unless by some miracle the whole lot piss off asap. I just have a dreadful feeling the we might need to have the begging bowl out first as I can't see anything other than that this season if we don't go up. Which we won't. You'd be aswell just counting down the days till the season is over. At least when covid hit the one good thing is we got put out our misery with the season curtailed and didn't have to suffer any more of the shite on the park. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

It won't be anytime soon unless by some miracle the whole lot piss off asap. I just have a dreadful feeling the we might need to have the begging bowl out first as I can't see anything other than that this season if we don't go up. Which we won't. You'd be aswell just counting down the days till the season is over. At least when covid hit the one good thing is we got put out our misery with the season curtailed and didn't have to suffer any more of the shite on the park. 

Hopefully changes at the AGM will see a new bod in place and a much needed input of cash to strengthen the side in January. 

Hopefully changes at the AGM will see a new bod in place and a much needed input of cash to strengthen the side in January. 
The strange thing is I don't think we need many changes in January. The players we have are playing well below their capabilities for some reason. If the reason is sorted ( probably Holt meddling like last year) I think they COULD turn it round. The team that started the season was good to watch but perhaps a little "one trick ponies"". If we can find a way of changing and mixing our playing style perhaps .....

Maybe not!

The strange thing is I don't think we need many changes in January. The players we have are playing well below their capabilities for some reason. If the reason is sorted ( probably Holt meddling like last year) I think they COULD turn it round. The team that started the season was good to watch but perhaps a little "one trick ponies"". If we can find a way of changing and mixing our playing style perhaps .....

Maybe not!
f**k that.

Striker and Centre Half at a minimum. Half decent CDM to replace Hetherington and decent back up for Williamson at an ambitious push.

f**k that.

Striker and Centre Half at a minimum. Half decent CDM to replace Hetherington and decent back up for Williamson at an ambitious push.
Definitely a striker but changes like a few seasons ago no. Would like to see Lemon with Dixon as I think Lemon could learn a lot. We have to find a finisher or it's another season in this mess

9 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely must be called soon. We really need any board changes sorted by the end of the year so we can do something in the January window.

Our esteemed ‘Director of Football’ is surely all thats needed to make more horrendous signings in January? 

7 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Our esteemed ‘Director of Football’ is surely all thats needed to make more horrendous signings in January? 

Can you imagine him Christmas shopping?

"Well son, I identified 14 suitable Christmas presents, here's your Easter Egg"