The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

I would put good money on the fact it was AT also leaking financial numbers to the press. 

I really don't get why he seems to be so indispensable to the club, especially when his name is mud to the majority of the fan base

Heard the same rumour. The message I got was that he wants the fans group to fail so that the club gets no new cash and he can bring his investor buddies in. Ones that the club would particularly do well to keep at bay.  

Thomson shouldnt be anywhere near the club due to his previous behaviour and the fact he resigned as a bod member but has still hung about like a bad smell. I hope whoever gets in next makes sure one of the first things they do is get him to.complete and other feck.

The behaviour of our pr guru is another disgrace. When you are in a position like that you should be able to behave whether you are angry or not. Jesus wept how does he cope with difficult situations at his work if he reacts like that to very little provocation really. Another one that needs to learn when his time is up and feck off back to Hibs.

41 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Pardon me asking Duncan, but is this you speaking? Or relaying a message from a contact? I.e. did this happen to you/your son?

This happened to me and my son. He sent a highly abusive text to my son about me.

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

All these negative stories coming out of the club, I'm sure our PR Guru on the board hasn't resigned because he's leaping into action as I type.

Any moment now....

Just wait and see.....

You think?

I do not blame Gary Deans one little bit for seeking not to communicate in writing. I understand his caution just he knew full well that a Stadium meeting was a non starter for me. My complaint wasn’t “outlined”. It was fully formed.

I think Gary Deans wanted it to go away, and from my perspective, it made matters worse. There was only one conversation that needed to take place 

Deans: is this true? Did you send an abusive text to this man’s son, then seek to conceal it by attempting to delete the evidence?

Board Member: Yes, but I was angry.

Deans: You must know that this kind of behaviour by a Board member is wholly unacceptable. I expect you to resign from the Board today.

Not him though. That flawed decision making of his stepped in, and he hasn’t gone.

Put it this way…….Colborn would never have sent that message to my son or anyone else. His crime was reading out an ill judged speech that in all likelihood, he didn’t compose.

My guy however……all his own work.

A few years back when the club was seeking help from volunteers I wrote to MR with some suggestions that I thought might be helpful.
He invited me to join the board at the time for a match and dinner to discuss the way ahead.

However when AT found out he told me I would have to work through him, although we had never met.

I then met with AT and basically just had to listen to him telling me how he had everything under control and everything that I had suggested he had already thought of and rejected.

He said I was wasting my time because if it didn't come from him it would not happen.

I still wanted to help and did some serious work. I sent it to him and still haven't received a reply.

How he is still involved is unbelievable but a major contributing factor in the decline of our club ever since.

A 100% clean out needed.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just thinking too, who considers it acceptable in any circumstance to send a message to a son or any relation to be abusive about their Dad, brother or whatever. What has it got to do with them!?

With that in mind to do it to a customer of the company you operate is beyond reasoning. Completely untenable as has been said.

You’re in a position where people will have judgements about you. Ofcourse there are still lines that can be crossed but commenting on P and B is akin to leaving a review on trip advisor. You’re entitled to defend your position or explain but at no point is ok to abuse your customers directly and especially not to their kin. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

This club is fucking disgusting, if awards were given out about how to chase fans away they'd sweep the board. I just want the season to end now it feels like a prison sentence trying to support us. There is absolutely fucking nothing about us at all bar charlatans at the top trying to run us into the ground. 

I really don’t know if they think this will blow over in a day or two. If they think that, then they don’t know me. Like my wee Border Terrier Millie, the only time I will let go. Is to get a better grip.

34 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

What's the guy's name and what's his company? Does he own it or is he an employee?

Edit.

Colin McFarlane, Pagoda PR in Edinburgh, @pagodaPR on twitter

Is this the same guy that was sucking up to Holt in a cringeworthy way in the first Q&A? Going on about the hours he works etc? Promoting his own firm, these guys are like politicians, not good at doing their job but desperately trying to use it to line their pockets. Another one that needs to get pushed out the door for the fresh start to gain momentum 

4 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Heard the same rumour. The message I got was that he wants the fans group to fail so that the club gets no new cash and he can bring his investor buddies in. Ones that the club would particularly do well to keep at bay.  

At the end of the Q&A, I had a pretty frank discussion with Deans and Colburn. Eventually others gathered around including McFarlane and Swinney. When a “new board” was mentioned, I questioned why on earth a pr!ck like Andy Thomson was being allowed to swan around the Club. I added that this did absolutely nothing to convince the fans that this was the dawning of a new era. Deans told me that Thomson’s role was “voluntary”, to which I responded it didn’t matter a jot if his position was voluntary or not, the man should be nowhere near the Club in any sort of official capacity. In fairness, Colburn’s reaction suggested to me that he fully agreed.

Someone at the Club is allowing this monumental ars*hole to continue causing, at very best, reputational damage. That person needs to be called out and made accountable. Get Andy Thomson and the remaining hangers-on so far to f*ck from this Club!!

Edited by MSG GTF!

Bod is full of folk that simply haven't grown up it would seem. No criticism is ever taken on board instead the bod's way of dealing with it is by criticising those criticising as if it's some kind of playground spat.  That's just been taken further by it turning now to abusing the critics or their family the classic retort of someone who has nothing to back up their defence of their horrific efforts at running the club.  

If nothing happens I'd raise it with the Spfl/SFA as I'm sure it would quite obviously come under bringing the game into disrepute.  If the st mirren chairman can be done for slagging off rangers then I would think directors abusing fans would be under their remit to.

Edited by Shadwell Dog