The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So do something like organizing a point to collect canned goods outside TFS, before the match, from people who wish to make their displeasure with the BoD clear. Donate said goods to the local food bank, with a nice little bit of press coverage of the amount donated and how it reflects concern for the club?

Afterwards we could get a camp fire going. Sing along to kumbaya etc.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

So do something like organizing a point to collect canned goods outside TFS, before the match, from people who wish to make their displeasure with the BoD clear. Donate said goods to the local food bank, with a nice little bit of press coverage of the amount donated and how it reflects concern for the club?

And after we’ve collected them, put Gary Holt in stocks and charge supporters £1 per can to throw at him and we can give the money raised to charity !!

On the volunteer thing I was a volunteer for years and absolutely loved it. Imagine being in the dressing room after games with your heroes and particularly on the day we won the 1st division.  Drinking beer and having a smoke in the dug out with Latapy, up the town with Moutinho afterwards and all sorts of amazing things for a fanboy. One person ruined that experience and turned one of the best things I’d been involved in into a massive disappointment and  left a bitter taste for years. The fucking tent salesman. Not just for me either. He ruined the morale behind the scenes from almost the first moment he came in. p***k. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

On the volunteer thing I was a volunteer for years and absolutely loved it. Imagine being in the dressing room after games with your heroes and particularly on the day we won the 1st division.  Drinking beer and having a smoke in the dug out with Latapy, up the town with Moutinho afterwards and all sorts of amazing things for a fanboy. One person ruined that experience and turned one of the best things I’d been involved in into a massive disappointment and  left a bitter taste for years. The fucking tent salesman. Not just for me either. He ruined the morale behind the scenes from almost the first moment he came in. p***k. 

Tent salesman?

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'd forgotten our scumbag board censured Dave Mac for calling Sevco Sevco.

Fucking arseholes. Sums us up really. Kowtowing to the Blue bigots.

I'm pretty sure there has been other incidents that betrayed a certain staunchness at board level but for the life of me can't recall them. I do recall presumably Dave Mac playing Zombie Nation the night we beat them 3-2 and cranking the volume right up on the music at the end of the match. Dave Mac hating the arse cheeks was something to be proud of, not apologise for. 

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

I remember him cranking the music up to 11 before a game against the Fifers. Loads of whining from Pars fans and the sweetie paper rustlers on here afterwards but I thought it was great

Aye, it was really fucking loud tbf. Duelling banjoes on as they ran out too 😂