The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

It's always fucked me off that we rely so much on free time from volunteers. 

Partly because it's taking advantage of people and relying on their being fans and also because we often get substandard (not Dave Mac) quality because whoever is doing it is doing it for free.

Even Connor Park, who ended up a paid employee,  did his role for free for ages.

Agree entirely. 

Falkirk TV pulls in around £25k per year yet they don’t pay anything to the decent camera operators/commentators/presenters to try maintain their services. Happy to have fans subscribe and then offer them up a poor service in response if the more skilled volunteers are not available.

They advertised recently for a voluntary role too for a Media Officer.

Voluntary work can be important to gain experience. I volunteered myself but at my own request. If you need someone to fulfil a role though then pay them! 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

How many minutes have each of them played though?

League only:

Keena 5 starts + 3 subs totalling 566 minutes. 3 goals.

Ruth 8 starts totalling 643 minutes. 3 goals.

So Ruth played roughly the equivalent of 1 more game. Not much between them really.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This is the sort of comment I mean when saying Ruth gets a much harder time than Keena.  Jaime Wilson category - c'mon! 

Here are some facts:

Ruth - played 8 scored 3

Keena - Played 14 scored 3

Again I'm not for a second suggesting Ruth is amazing but why he continually gets flak while Keena is preferred by most is a mystery to me.  

Out of interest are you Gary Holt ?

What the f**k even is this club anymore?

Community my fucking arse. Fans on the board, my arse.

There is absolutely fucking NOTHING to like about this club. Not one thing keeping me as a fan except legacy.....

Edit Happy Birthday Kevin McAllister. I fucking love you. [emoji173]

41 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Who was the guy who was the matchday announcer at Brockville and what happened to him? He seemed to disappear and get replaced by Dave Mac when we went to TFS. Both the brockville guy (Alan?) and Dave Mac are excellent tannoy men. 

Alan Dick. I think he's a host in the hospitality area now.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If you put together a squad of the best 22 players in L1, you would expect FFC to have somewhere around 6 to 10 of them. We will have what, 2 or 3 at the most?

Martin/Mutch
Williamson Fox Dixon Mccann
Morrison Telfer Connell Longridge
Goodwillie Megginson

Subs:

Muir
Ballantyne
Fyvie
Gillespie
Webster
Henderson
Nesbitt
Easton
Mcinroy

Can't choose between Martin & Mutch but either would get into the starting 11 and my bench hardly has any defenders as there's a severe lack of decent ones at this level. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Disgusted at the treatment of Dave Mac tbh. I don't know him personally but it's still yet another episode to go in the catalogue of monumental f**k ups by the shower of shite 'running' our club.

One of the better stadium announcers in Scotland who had missed something like one game (league, cups, friendlies - the lot) in 15 years of home matches at TFS.

I knew he announced for other clubs but only when we weren't playing at home, and when he missed a couple of games earlier this season I thought that surely, surely we hadn't fobbed him off and he'd gone elsewhere. Now it turns out that's exactly what we've done, probably for the sake of about £50 a match

Also worth mentioning that he brought £thousands in to the club through his lockdown quizzes advertising virtual 50/50s and STs last year.

He was treated disgracefully a few years ago for calling Sevco Sevco, and has been done dirty once again. Get the hand in the pocket and pay the man ffs FFC. We literally cannot do anything right at the moment.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Martin/Mutch
Goodwillie Megginson
Subs:
Muir
Ballantyne
Fyvie
Gillespie
Webster
Henderson
Nesbitt
Easton
Mcinroy

Can't choose between Martin & Mutch but either would get into the starting 11 and my bench hardly has any defenders as there's a severe lack of decent ones at this level. 

Absolutely nae chance we’d have 3 of the best 4 defenders in the league btw. Taggart and Steeves for me.

I’d have Wullie Muir as the best ‘keeper in the league as well.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Absolutely nae chance we’d have 3 of the best 4 defenders in the league btw. Taggart and Steeves for me.

I’d have Wullie Muir as the best ‘keeper in the league as well.

I was swithering between Taggart & Williamson to be honest but Steeves is a no for me he always gets rinsed against us and even up against Mcguffie in the last game he was looking shakey. Delivers a good ball but that's about it.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Martin/Mutch
Goodwillie Megginson

Subs:

Muir
Ballantyne
Fyvie
Gillespie
Webster
Henderson
Nesbitt
Easton
Mcinroy

I thought the big laddie Fox was excellent for QP at TFS however he's not been picked for the last few games. I think his last game was against Alloa where they lost 4 goals; wonder if he was culpable for any of them?

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'd have Liam Brown from Queens Park over Hetherington/Telfer without a doubt.

Telfer showed his quality last season and I think this season the fact he's had to play a deeper role has been to his detriment. Nobody's going to argue with you on Hetherington but they are completely different players. Aside from the fact Brown can actually play football Hetherington's supposed to be a ball winning defensive midfielder whereas Brown's more a playmaker. Grant Gillespie's far superior to Hetherington though and it would be a tight call between Telfer & Brown.

36 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Telfer showed his quality last season and I think this season the fact he's had to play a deeper role has been to his detriment. Nobody's going to argue with you on Hetherington but they are completely different players. Aside from the fact Brown can actually play football Hetherington's supposed to be a ball winning defensive midfielder whereas Brown's more a playmaker. Grant Gillespie's far superior to Hetherington though and it would be a tight call between Telfer & Brown.

Problem with telfer is when the going gets tough he vanishes. When it's a nice open game he can be excellent but if it's physical and space is at a premium he isn't up to much. He should stand out like a sore thumb week in week out at this level.

No way should we have more than 2 or 3 in a league 11. Nesbitt and Morrison yes but that's about it for me.

23 hours ago, some_guy said:

I agree completely, the point I'm trying to make is that (although they've done it in a bad way) their supporters are at least trying to show discontent rather than just sitting back apathetically. Their club isn't in free fall and I don't think their objection to this one person entirely warrants a protest, but they're at least doing something to show they're not happy, besides a few posts on an online forum, what are we doing as our club continues to go backwards and the divide between club and fans continues to grow (thank you Mr. Holt)? 

So do something like organizing a point to collect canned goods outside TFS, before the match, from people who wish to make their displeasure with the BoD clear. Donate said goods to the local food bank, with a nice little bit of press coverage of the amount donated and how it reflects concern for the club?

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Martin/Mutch
Goodwillie Megginson

Subs:

Muir
Ballantyne
Fyvie
Gillespie
Webster
Henderson
Nesbitt
Easton
Mcinroy

Have you actually watched any of our games.

6 out of the 11 Falkirk players, you’ve got to be having a laugh

So do something like organizing a point to collect canned goods outside TFS, before the match, from people who wish to make their displeasure with the BoD clear. Donate said goods to the local food bank, with a nice little bit of press coverage of the amount donated and how it reflects concern for the club?
Or go back solution which involves pitchforks and burning torches outside the stadium after the next game