The Falkirk FC Thread

Neither Ruth or Keena look good enough to lead the line for us but until Christmas we need to play one and I think I'd have Keena over Ruth. Don't think there's much in it though. Also have no faith in our amazing new recruitment team to get a proper starter in the door.
This is Sheerins big test now that the whole squad look just about fit, he'll be able to play his "best 11" hopefully from now until the window so we absolutely need to see a change in results. No more excuses.

AGM packs should be out soon which will give a better idea of the finances.  I'm sure the new investors will take that into consideration when coming in though.  New year New regime hopefully.

Too much arguing over Keena and Ruth on here. Can we not just accept that both are nowhere near good enough and until we get a decent goal scorer in we are going nowhere?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I reckon with the Sheerin thing if "as has been suggested on here" that Holt is dipping his fingers into the team, then you could look at it with the point of view he is just an arse on a seat and his input other than on paper as manager doesn't mean anything if he has no real say into team selection or players so what's the point in upsetting the apple cart, the only saving grace we have had so far he hasn't had to pick Holts laddie.

Until we have some form of change in ownership or directorship, think most of us have accepted it is what it is until then, until things change its accept the situation for what it is.  The longer that GD and Colburn drag this out the longer fans will stay away and accept the apathy for what it is.  

I’m all for a new board ideally clearing out the lot of them including the MSG. The problem I see is previously the NB group were offering the existing  regime 500k to boost the team on the park (with some conditions attached). Even if that offer was trebled now it would not be enough to buy out the shareholders never mind clear the debt.

IMO the shareholder base needs to be completely restructured as another board with little skin in the game will just be another version of the same thing.and the downward spiral will probably continue.

Q- how many accountants/ business consultants do you need to realize we can’t operate with these massive costs and declining income . It’s a shocking reflection / inditement of their professional capability that they allowed this debt to build up. 

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Rubbish- Ruth is by no means good enough to be our main striker but I don’t get this idea that we have a superstar sitting on the bench.

Keena has had minutes in most games this season and has done very little in most of them. 

All I can remember him doing yesterday is managing to turn a Falkirk attack into an Alloa throw-in.

Keena is clearly the best option that we have just now.

He is not good enough though.

5 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Might be something to do with until his arrival we werent setting the heather alight but still werent a cluster f*ck we have now gone full clusterf*ck and performances havent changed.  Seen the FFC on instagram images yesterday and the way the players looking arriving for the game and prior was they couldnt be arsed (now they know how most of us feel now).  It just looks like a sh*te place to work just now if your a player.  

The penalty situation with Keena and Morrison yesterday shown there is very little team spirit/bond/unity.

I think a few players are just going through the motions.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The reason we do not sign bpenalty etter players is that FFC are seen as a hire and fire outfit and therefore an unstable and unreliable employer.

You gave one of the main reasons in your post - getting rid of 20 players a season. Throwing in manager turn round a disfunctional board with a support with little patience.

Rightly potential signings see all that speak to ex players to get the lay of the land - and say No.

That's why the squad is such poor quality.

The club are going round in circles  - Unsuitable manager*- player clear out - Bad signings - Poor results - Lose the support - Sack manager - employ*

Disagree with the majority above.

The correct manager could turn our current crop of failures into a better team, also one with a better recruitment record helps the case. 

McKinnon's recruitment was probably the best we have had for a long time,I include relegation season, he was just clueless in team selection and tactics(placing McManus wide right to fit in strikers that couldn't score) his recruitment did have plenty duds but it was good enough to win this league. We have no chance of winning the league with Holt and Sheerin with the current squad.

Holt revealing he went after 14 strikers and got none really suggests he is in the wrong job. As for Sheerin, sorry he is out of his depth. I'd guess we don't the cash to get rid tho.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Houston's biggest mistake was letting the world know he was packing it in at the end of the season. No real surprise that the players then downed tools.

I'd add funds for players and his crap recruitment, we lost players year in year out and either didn't replace or got a poorer replacement.

It was amazing that when Hartley came in, the funds were there, whilst Houston had to sign Balatoni on a short contract.

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

He's not being given much of a chance - isolated up front, no partner, wingers providing nothing.  Look he's not brilliant but for folk to be inexplicably be rating Keena over him and saying stuff like no one played badly yesterday except Ruth is just BS.  For me, he's shown that with decent support he'd score goals in this league.  Maybe with Morrison and Williamson back the strikers will get more than 1 chance a game.  

I personally feel we have been dugmeat since Ruth replaced Keena as a lone striker, Queens park defeat was the last time I enjoyed a Falkirk performance. The story since then has been be shite first 45, continue to be 2nd half then the flow chart goes two options in either lose a goal(s) or make a sub to change from being shite. We have been fortunate in our two wins from last nine for me, yes that reads two wins from nine and the draws.

I also don't think Keena and Ruth link that well when we have played two up top.

I doubt Sheerin will be here that long tbh, we are now in a McKinnon scenario where we are happy with a point first and foremost, Morrison coming back may improve us but not enough to save him. The Cove and Queens double header should see him gone for me if not before

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

AGM packs should be out soon which will give a better idea of the finances.  I'm sure the new investors will take that into consideration when coming in though.  New year New regime hopefully.

Too much arguing over Keena and Ruth on here. Can we not just accept that both are nowhere near good enough and until we get a decent goal scorer in we are going nowhere?

The thing is, Sheerin or Holt will play one striker and it will be the biggest talking point. Ruth was woeful on his debut v Alloa and yesterday was worserer, so what have he learnt Mr Sheerin ?

Dumbarton away on Saturday, same fixture that seen McKinnon go

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Dumbarton away on Saturday, same fixture that seen McKinnon go

Trouble with that is even if it is a death knell for Sheerin we still have the elephant in the room Holt, and even if Sheerin does go its going to be same shit different manager as again we still have Holt as interim and then probably assisting in the appointment.

If the daily mail said it was raining I would still check outside don't believe anything that rag prints unless someone actually knows what our books looks like then its all just rumour and speculation, granted the accounts probably look shit but surely to f**k we can't be that bad even with their accountancy experience mind you we have a PR guru on the board as well and the less said about that the better.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I doubt you missed the Daily Mail article yesterday and discussion on here so if you know something to the contrary spit it out. 

It all assumes the article is accurate does it not? So who put this in the public domain? 

Heard on the radio today about Celtic fans protest at Dundee today with the tennis balls. I'm not saying we should emulate either of the arse cheeks, but at least their supporters and doing something to show the discontent, words on a forum do nothing - we need to do something and make sure the board know its because we don't want Holt to remain. 

1 minute ago, some_guy said:

Heard on the radio today about Celtic fans protest at Dundee today with the tennis balls. I'm not saying we should emulate either of the arse cheeks, but at least their supporters and doing something to show the discontent, words on a forum do nothing - we need to do something and make sure the board know its because we don't want Holt to remain. 

Disrupting a minutes silence and throwing missiles on the pitch !! We are much, much better than that.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

I’m all for a new board ideally clearing out the lot of them including the MSG. The problem I see is previously the NB group were offering the existing  regime 500k to boost the team on the park (with some conditions attached). Even if that offer was trebled now it would not be enough to buy out the shareholders never mind clear the debt.

IMO the shareholder base needs to be completely restructured as another board with little skin in the game will just be another version of the same thing.and the downward spiral will probably continue.

Q- how many accountants/ business consultants do you need to realize we can’t operate with these massive costs and declining income . It’s a shocking reflection / inditement of their professional capability that they allowed this debt to build up. 

What debt are we talking about here? The club has been debt free for a good while now and whilst we have lost money in various seasons that's been covered by cash the club has. If we've suddenly gone into debt I'd love to know who was facilitating this debt? We won't get cash from a bank and certainly deans crew haven't the where with all.  The Rawlings have invested 300k but don't look like increasing that any time soon. Who thetefor has this so called debt you mention been incurred to?

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

He's not being given much of a chance - isolated up front, no partner, wingers providing nothing.  Look he's not brilliant but for folk to be inexplicably be rating Keena over him and saying stuff like no one played badly yesterday except Ruth is just BS.  For me, he's shown that with decent support he'd score goals in this league.  Maybe with Morrison and Williamson back the strikers will get more than 1 chance a game.  

He was mince yesterday and rightly hooked. He had two very good chances in the opening half to take a first time shot and wanted extra touches. By then he was closed down or forced to pass it. A good striker has the instinct to hit the ball first time and make the goalie work. He tries hard but he is not a striker and never will be. I'd put him in the Jamie Wilson category. 

49 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Trouble with that is even if it is a death knell for Sheerin we still have the elephant in the room Holt, and even if Sheerin does go its going to be same shit different manager as again we still have Holt as interim and then probably assisting in the appointment.

In the ideal world both need to go as both are to blame for the car crash we are currently. Although I on occasion add Holt to blame for team selection and tactics, I would like to think he is nowhere near that part of it and if he is then Sheerin is the softest manager in the Scotland pro leagues. 

A strong manager would put Holt in his place but Holt is in the position to help choose such manager. 

I obviously aint the only one who thought our lowest moment was being relegated and as it stands we are no way near to returning to the championship

There’s some element of truth in the Daily Mail article. We have over the last few years haemorrhaged cash which we had. Mostly because of paying off contracts etc. The mismanagement by the board has been shocking. The problem a new board will have is that without investment we have no cash reserves. The next board appointments are absolutely crucial to the existence of the club. Given the recent changes I’d be more worried about who will make the appointments.

7 minutes ago, brokeville said:

There’s some element of truth in the Daily Mail article. We have over the last few years haemorrhaged cash which we had. Mostly because of paying off contracts etc. The mismanagement by the board has been shocking. The problem a new board will have is that without investment we have no cash reserves. The next board appointments are absolutely crucial to the existence of the club. Given the recent changes I’d be more worried about who will make the appointments.

Thats how I see it.  Will be interesting to see how NB select a bod if they end up getting in fingers crossed. Can't see Holt being around long if they get in. I mean if you are investing a sizeable amount in Falkirk would you want Holt spending it?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thats how I see it.  Will be interesting to see how NB select a bod if they end up getting in fingers crossed. Can't see Holt being around long if they get in. I mean if you are investing a sizeable amount in Falkirk would you want Holt spending it?

The article in the Scotsman made a valid point the minute fans get put on the board people forget those folk they sat with in the South stand or main stand as much as we are only Falkirk its still going to happen look at fans (AT, GD, Colburn). The minute someone gets a bit of power I mean put it this way would you want someone that is on the COYB happy clapper fb page or going back to one F on the board they are going to look at it from their experience and whether it good or bad they are going to look at it form their perspective for those that thought we played well there will be those that will think it was worst game every good/bad decision.

Upshot is am scunnered to f**k with us limping from one disaster to another, but it can't stay the same for the sake of the club and its future and a different approach is needed.

Guest Back Post Misses
15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The article in the Scotsman made a valid point the minute fans get put on the board people forget those folk they sat with in the South stand or main stand as much as we are only Falkirk its still going to happen look at fans (AT, GD, Colburn). The minute someone gets a bit of power I mean put it this way would you want someone that is on the COYB happy clapper fb page or going back to one F on the board they are going to look at it from their experience and whether it good or bad they are going to look at it form their perspective for those that thought we played well there will be those that will think it was worst game every good/bad decision.

Upshot is am scunnered to f**k with us limping from one disaster to another, but it can't stay the same for the sake of the club and its future and a different approach is needed.

Not sure you can draw a red line under EVERY person who goes on the Board forgets their “roots”. I would concede it is a danger however 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Disrupting a minutes silence and throwing missiles on the pitch !! We are much, much better than that.

I agree completely, the point I'm trying to make is that (although they've done it in a bad way) their supporters are at least trying to show discontent rather than just sitting back apathetically. Their club isn't in free fall and I don't think their objection to this one person entirely warrants a protest, but they're at least doing something to show they're not happy, besides a few posts on an online forum, what are we doing as our club continues to go backwards and the divide between club and fans continues to grow (thank you Mr. Holt)?