The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

'We cannae keep sackin managers'

No, good shout lads. Let's not. And if they take us nowhere and we are diabolically bad..well at least we didn't sack the manager.

I know.

Can definitely keep sacking them but can’t keep appointing ones not fit for the task!

The club desperately needs a long period of stability. In my opinion every sacking has seen us regress even further than the previous manager.
Problem is, I’ve absolutely no confidence in Sheerin, so I can only hope that we make the decision to get rid now, appoint someone with a bit of experience and stick with them for some time to come….

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

I actually found myself sitting during the second half thinking we were doing OK and left at FT feeling a bit aggrieved. I’m slowly beginning to accept this absolutely dreadful standard.

The manager seems to be of the same mind. The club is sleepwalking into oblivion.

We are in Scottish league 1, we are already in oblivion. 

Usual from Hall being soft as shite in the air for the Alloa goal and flicking it on for them. He's a country mile better than Mckay but he'll still cost us too many stupid goals and should never have been given a new contract in the summer. 

Thought the like for like sub of Keena for Ruth showed us as a club exactly where we are. 0-0 at home to Alloa and we're happy to just keep trying to tickle the door. Morrison & Williamson will make a massive improvement there's no doubt about that but we've still got far too many duds around the squad to even look capable of challenging for the league. 

Edited by FFC 1876

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Usual from Hall being soft as shite in the air for the Alloa goal and flicking it on for them. He's a country mile better than Mckay but he'll still cost us too many stupid goals and should never have been given a new contract in the summer. 

Thought the like for like sub of Keena for Ruth showed us as a club exactly where we are. 0-0 at home to Alloa and we're happy to just keep trying to tickle the door. Morrison & Williamson will make a massive improvement there's no doubt about that but we've still got far too many duds around the squad to even look capable of challenging for the league. 

Not a chance he’s a country mile better than McKay. Not a straw between the two of them. 

Not a chance he’s a country mile better than McKay. Not a straw between the two of them. 

Nah he really is. Ben Hall is absolutely shite and definitely should’ve been punted to some shite like Kelty or Darvel in the summer however he’s comfortably better than Brad McKay who is genuinely one of the worst defenders I’ve ever seen play for us. Mark Durnan is far better than both.

I’ve said it before but it’s amazing that we not only managed to find someone considerably worse than Hall but have him a 3 year deal [emoji23] and they jokers at the q&a had the audacity to tell us recruitment had improved.

Well, we’re in a Perfect Storm now, aren’t we?

We were all clamouring for Deans, Holt and Sheerin to go and our wishes have been partially granted with Deans (and Colborn and the Rawlins) resigning from the board. The downside of that however is I’m guessing that with the board in limbo no major decisions on the coaching staff are likely to be taken until after a new board has been constituted at the AGM in December.

So, for the next 6 weeks at least we’re going to have to put up with the dynamic duo of Coneman and Waterboy managing the team and seeing us fall further and further off the pace. We have no chance of promotion this season so get a new manager in in January, giving him time to settle in so that he can hit the ground running for season 2022 / 2023.

6 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Yet to see McKay have an average game.....he's been stinking in every game

13 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Threw away 2 points today needlessly but predictably.

I have seen every game this season and last.  I am not and have never been a happy clapper, quite the opposite, but that was nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.  We were the better team.  Same weakness as most games this season - the attacking danger of a declawed cat.  Ruth keeps falling down like he's been shot in the Squid Game.  His second touch is terrible and invariably gives it away.  No-one played bad today except him.  Even Hall had a good game.  Fantastic to see Morrison come on and score.  Forgot what it felt like to be excited at a game for a good while due to that alone.  Utter shambles and totally predictable for us to let them go straight up the park and equalise with the softest of tap-in goals.

With Morrison back sooner than expected there is the likelihood we will pick up more points than we would otherwise.  We are going to have to limp to Christmas and pray we can find an actual striker from somewhere, but with the financial crisis we suddenly find our selves in that might not be possible.   

Wow just wow....

We are dug meat top to bottom

Guest Back Post Misses
14 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Threw away 2 points today needlessly but predictably.

I have seen every game this season and last.  I am not and have never been a happy clapper, quite the opposite, but that was nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.  We were the better team.  Same weakness as most games this season - the attacking danger of a declawed cat.  Ruth keeps falling down like he's been shot in the Squid Game.  His second touch is terrible and invariably gives it away.  No-one played bad today except him.  Even Hall had a good game.  Fantastic to see Morrison come on and score.  Forgot what it felt like to be excited at a game for a good while due to that alone.  Utter shambles and totally predictable for us to let them go straight up the park and equalise with the softest of tap-in goals.

With Morrison back sooner than expected there is the likelihood we will pick up more points than we would otherwise.  We are going to have to limp to Christmas and pray we can find an actual striker from somewhere, but with the financial crisis we suddenly find our selves in that might not be possible.   

Who said we were in a financial crisis?

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who said we were in a financial crisis?

Someone posted yesterday that there was a daily mail article which said we were 800k in a hole, 1. its the daily mail and 2. how do they know

Edited by AL-FFC

I’ve been all for getting rid of Sheerin for about 4 weeks now however the more I hear of murmurings of Holt picking the team when M&M were in charge and again now, it really makes you wonder if that would help.

Hopefully now that his friends on the board are on their way out, Holt will follow but as long as he’s still here it looks like our problems will continue.

Holts position should be untenable given that our entire fan base despise him - we are basically alienating our entire customer base, which will impact attendance and therefore income, as our board totally support the cretin.

I don’t know what the answer is to get Holt out but things won’t improve on or off the park with him around.

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

The club desperately needs a long period of stability. .

I'm not sure about this. The best football I've ever watched Falkirk play was under McCall. He was only there 1 season. A lot of managers have a very short shelf life. After 2 or 3 years the team becomes stale. Even Houston is an example of that.

I don't think clubs that sack managers regularly do any worse than those who stick by someone who's failing.

Man Utd v Chelsea for example. Chelsea had in Lampard a Solskjaar clone - they emptied him and Tuchel has been brilliant.

Stability on the park is overrated. Off the park yes, I agree. 

I wouldn't give any manager more than a 1 year rolling deal. They'll f**k off if they want to anyway so it doesn't protect you having them there on a long term deal.  

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm not sure about this. The best football I've ever watched Falkirk play was under McCall. He was only there 1 season. A lot of managers have a very short shelf life. After 2 or 3 years the team becomes stale. Even Houston is an example of that.

I don't think clubs that sack managers regularly do any worse than those who stick by someone who's failing.

Man Utd v Chelsea for example. Chelsea had in Lampard a Solskjaar clone - they emptied him and Tuchel has been brilliant.

I wouldn't give any manager more than a 1 year rolling deal. They'll f**k off if they want to anyway so it doesn't protect you having them there on a long term deal.  

Again on the Houstie one he wasnt helped by players downing tools on him but we lost players like Taylor, Duffie and Vaulks to name a few all of who we have never managed to come close to replacing.

Perhaps, but by stability I don’t just mean the manager. They way things are going on the park just now I can see every possibility of a further clear out of players at the end of the season, especially after a new manager comes in again.
Stability was the one point at the Q and A that the Rawlins suggested are needed and I agreed with. Indeed I was castigated for suggesting it last season but we brought Holt in and divebombed.
However, I’m not calling for stability with the current manager at the helm. It’s not hard to see where we are going just now.

PS. Why are posts appearing on here suggesting that Holt is actually pulling the strings on the park? Is there some sort of Sheerin love in going on? Sheerin is accountable for our 90 min on the park failures and let’s not pretend otherwise…..

If stability of personnel means keeping Brad McKay and Ben Hall I'm not for it .

The only reason we've got rid of 20 players a season is because they're brutal. Each crop is worse than the one before it.

We need to sign much better players. Statement of the obvious but that's the reality. 

And these jokers had the nerve to trash the last managers' signings and preen about their own, which are certainly no better and arguably worse. 

Absolutely no idea why anyone's giving Sheerin a pass. Can only assume its because he seems like a guy you'd go for a round of golf with.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

54 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve been all for getting rid of Sheerin for about 4 weeks now however the more I hear of murmurings of Holt picking the team when M&M were in charge and again now, it really makes you wonder if that would help.

Hopefully now that his friends on the board are on their way out, Holt will follow but as long as he’s still here it looks like our problems will continue.

Holts position should be untenable given that our entire fan base despise him - we are basically alienating our entire customer base, which will impact attendance and therefore income, as our board totally support the cretin.

I don’t know what the answer is to get Holt out but things won’t improve on or off the park with him around.

absolutely this

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Perhaps, but by stability I don’t just mean the manager. They way things are going on the park just now I can see every possibility of a further clear out of players at the end of the season, especially after a new manager comes in again.
Stability was the one point at the Q and A that the Rawlins suggested are needed and I agreed with. Indeed I was castigated for suggesting it last season but we brought Holt in and divebombed.
However, I’m not calling for stability with the current manager at the helm. It’s not hard to see where we are going just now.

PS. Why are posts appearing on here suggesting that Holt is actually pulling the strings on the park? Is there some sort of Sheerin love in going on? Sheerin is accountable for our 90 min on the park failures and let’s not pretend otherwise…..

Might be something to do with until his arrival we werent setting the heather alight but still werent a cluster f*ck we have now gone full clusterf*ck and performances havent changed.  Seen the FFC on instagram images yesterday and the way the players looking arriving for the game and prior was they couldnt be arsed (now they know how most of us feel now).  It just looks like a sh*te place to work just now if your a player.  

Edited by AL-FFC

Sheerin is very much in last chance saloon territory for me

To play two holding midfielders yesterday against an Alloa team that came with no intention of trying to win the game was incredibly naive tactically. Keena should have been on at half time for Hetherington.

With Morrison and Williamson back now there are no excuses. We simply must go on a winning run.

Some shooting practice would help. 10 shots yesterday with only 3 on target (1 the penalty) sums up out accuracy - or lack of it - in front of goal this season. We are the 3rd lowest scorers in the league, which is absolutely disgraceful tbh. I really want Sheerin to succeed but he is making it so difficult for himself, repeatedly setting us up wrong every week.