The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Threw away 2 points today needlessly but predictably.

I have seen every game this season and last.  I am not and have never been a happy clapper, quite the opposite, but that was nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.  We were the better team.  Same weakness as most games this season - the attacking danger of a declawed cat.  Ruth keeps falling down like he's been shot in the Squid Game.  His second touch is terrible and invariably gives it away.  No-one played bad today except him.  Even Hall had a good game.  Fantastic to see Morrison come on and score.  Forgot what it felt like to be excited at a game for a good while due to that alone.  Utter shambles and totally predictable for us to let them go straight up the park and equalise with the softest of tap-in goals.

With Morrison back sooner than expected there is the likely hood we will pick up more points than we would otherwise.  We are going to have to limp to Christmas and pray we can find an actual striker from somewhere, but with the financial crisis we suddenly find our selves in that might not be possible.   

Being content with being 'the better team' after a home draw with Alloa is a problem. 

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I have seen every game this season and last.  I am not and have never been a happy clapper, quite the opposite, but that was nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.  We were the better team.  Same weakness as most games this season - the attacking danger of a declawed cat.  Ruth keeps falling down like he's been shot in the Squid Game.  His second touch is terrible and invariably gives it away.  No-one played bad today except him.  Even Hall had a good game.  Fantastic to see Morrison come on and score.  Forgot what it felt like to be excited at a game for a good while due to that alone.  Utter shambles and totally predictable for us to let them go straight up the park and equalise with the softest of tap-in goals.

With Morrison back sooner than expected there is the likely hood we will pick up more points than we would otherwise.  We are going to have to limp to Christmas and pray we can find an actual striker from somewhere, but with the financial crisis we suddenly find our selves in that might not be possible.   

Come off it, we were a total embarrassment today. To say Ben Hall had a good game is scandalous he is a donkey

Genuine question but how were we the better team today? Just because we had more possession?

If you look at chances created both Henderson and Niang had great chances 1 on 1 against Martin and should I’ve done better and Durnan had a completely free header from a corner which he put straight at Martin. For all the pressure and possession we had in that second half we really didn’t do anything at all with it. Certainly didn’t force Hutton into a meaningful save at any point.

We had to defend once all game and we couldn’t do. Ben Hall lost a flick on from Conor Sammon. Absolutely horrendous. We definitely had a lot more than 52% of the ball however we created nothing and it was boring as hell. 
To score that late on and not win is criminal. Go out in January and get Paul Watson and a striker in. 

3 shots on target, 1 a penalty  i presume! Another home game we have never tested the opponents goalkeeper . Teams just sit back & watch us passing side ways then backwards, probably  cannot believe how predictable we actually  are. Hopefully with Morrison back spells the end of Mcdaid , very surprised Sheerin has finally seen what everybody else sees by taking Ruth off

On 02/11/2021 at 22:38, Kircer bairn said:

Speaking to a former FFC staff member today who confirmed much of the allegations re over involvement of the Killie kit man in our first team 

For me this is the only element of doubt over Sheerin, I imagine Holt's backseat driving undermines his (Sheerin's) authority with the players. Even M & M were doing just about ok (iirc) before laughing boy's arrival. Thereafter performances absolutely plummeted, and somehow got even worse under his caretakership. The guy's a clueless chancer and really needs to be next out the door

I actually found myself sitting during the second half thinking we were doing OK and left at FT feeling a bit aggrieved. I’m slowly beginning to accept this absolutely dreadful standard.

The manager seems to be of the same mind. The club is sleepwalking into oblivion.

43 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I actually found myself sitting during the second half thinking we were doing OK and left at FT feeling a bit aggrieved. I’m slowly beginning to accept this absolutely dreadful standard.

The manager seems to be of the same mind. The club is sleepwalking into oblivion.

Admin and league 2 in no particular order. I mind the time when Saturdays used to be good sadly a distant memory.