The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Holt and Sheerin haven't gone so that's a no from me.

So, you're saying that you won't be back at a game unless Sheerin is sacked? Holt I can understand but what if he went and we started winning games?

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Part of going to the football was the humour that we listened to every week. That just seems to be getting sucked out of our Saturdays now because the PC brigade regard every little shout or chant as being offensive, whether at the football or not. We're rapidly heading to living in a sanitised world.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff that shouldn't be allowed and never should have been in the first place; for example I heard a shout of 'black b*****d' aimed at an Alloa player at our last game. Along with the Norrie McCathie and eyeball stuff aimed at Dunfermline fans, that's over the top and isn't called for however, as an example, I shouted FFS hen when a female lino fucked up in a game last season and a woman in front of me went tonto. I call every female I know 'hen' as I have done all of my life and none of them have ever taken offence.

Maybe a couple of extreme examples but it does illustrate how things are now which is a real shame because I used to enjoy the odd individual shout which could sometimes have me in stiches. It was part of the experience.

My favourite shout from the hope Street end will always be 'your mother's a welder' aimed at an opposition player. 

Part of going to the football was the humour that we listened to every week. That just seems to be getting sucked out of our Saturdays now because the PC brigade regard every little shout or chant as being offensive, whether at the football or not. We're rapidly heading to living in a sanitised world.
Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of stuff that shouldn't be allowed and never should have been in the first place; for example I heard a shout of 'black b*****d' aimed at an Alloa player at our last game. Along with the Norrie McCathie and eyeball stuff aimed at Dunfermline fans, that's over the top and isn't called for however, as an example, I shouted FFS hen when a female lino fucked up in a game last season and a woman in front of me went tonto. I call every female I know 'hen' as I have done all of my life and none of them have ever taken offence.
Maybe a couple of extreme examples but it does illustrate how things are now which is a real shame because I used to enjoy the odd individual shout which could sometimes have me in stiches. It was part of the experience.

Most folk of a certain age, me included still use the term hen.

Love Ian Fergus's enthusiasm, seems a tough nut too.

He mentions in his interview his work "is like a full time job to be honest". I'm not entirely sure what his full role is here, but if he isn't full time already with us can we not make that happen?

Just watched the latest Development Squad update video.  Impressive progress with the youth system since it's only been going for a handful of months.  Ian Fergus seems very dedicated.  Only part of the club doing well right now.

Guest Back Post Misses
3 hours ago, Gaz said:

One of the few times I heard my old man swearing was when he shouted at a passing policeman "Officer! Arrest that c**t in black!" after a particularly poor refereeing performance.

Pretty tame, to be honest, but was really funny to an 8-year old kid.

I remember when I was a kid, a well known face to most Falkirk fans, shouted after a terrible decision

“I hope you have plukes on yir balls ref” 😂.

I can hear his saying it to this day over 40 years after the event 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So, you're saying that you won't be back at a game unless Sheerin is sacked? Holt I can understand but what if he went and we started winning games?

I won't pay to watch this product Sheerin is producing. It's utterly dreadful. 

Holt is the main concern and must go but I have zero interest freezing my arse off at Westfield to watch these jobbers play Sheerinball.

If that makes me less of a fan and more of a customer so be it.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I won't pay to watch this product Sheerin is producing. It's utterly dreadful. 

Holt is the main concern and must go but I have zero interest freezing my arse off at Westfield to watch these jobbers play Sheerinball.

If that makes me less of a fan and more of a customer so be it.

Have you been to any games this season?

We're obviously not romping to the title and the football could (and should) be better but I would say we're probably playing better stuff now (at times) than at any point since our thrashing of DU under Hartley.

If you're going to wait until we get something akin to the Jeffries or McCall type stuff then I don't think you'll see very much of us.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I remember when I was a kid, a well known face to most Falkirk fans, shouted after a terrible decision

“I hope you have plukes on yir balls ref” 😂.

I can hear his saying it to this day over 40 years after the event 

I remember being at a Hearts game at Brockville many moons ago. Me and big Gordon McFarlane were standing in the enclosure when the polis led a group of about half a dozen totally pished Hearts fans round the track in front of us. For some reason the first five were wearing daft masks but when the last one got to us (real ugly bugger) I shouted 'Awe FFS take that mask aff!'

Now, that wasn't particularly funny but the crowd around us had a laugh and Big Gordy nearly shit himself! Nowadays I'd probably be arrested for being maskist or something!

Some of the chants from years gone by would get you the jail now. Jason Lee’s pineapple, Enoch’s boaby, female physios and cops being encouraged to get a certain part of their body out for the lads. The dark old days of football chants, my old man died in 2005 and some of the stuff he used to come out with would see him in the cells at Falkirk cop shop now.

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Fully agree, I believe Sheerin should be given a chance without the hindrance of that arrogant p***k. Holt has built this team of diddies and I hold him fully responsible - yes, tactics and team selections from Sheerin are baffling, but the old proverb comes to mind that "you can only piss with the cock you have"! Get rid of Holt and give Sheerin the opportunity to show what he can do - it's a risk, but keeping Holt is a sure fire failed transfer window again, the risky option seems the best right now. 

37 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Have you been to any games this season?

We're obviously not romping to the title and the football could (and should) be better but I would say we're probably playing better stuff now (at times) than at any point since our thrashing of DU under Hartley.

If you're going to wait until we get something akin to the Jeffries or McCall type stuff then I don't think you'll see very much of us.

I've seen several games online.  It's utterly brutal. No talent. A clueless manager.

Who mentioned Jeffries or McCall? I'd settle for Pressley performances at this point. 

Absolutely baffled at the Sheerin apologists to be honest. He's so far out of his depth he's coaching from the Mariana Trench. 

51 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I remember being at a Hearts game at Brockville many moons ago. Me and big Gordon McFarlane were standing in the enclosure when the polis led a group of about half a dozen totally pished Hearts fans round the track in front of us. For some reason the first five were wearing daft masks but when the last one got to us (real ugly bugger) I shouted 'Awe FFS take that mask aff!'

Now, that wasn't particularly funny but the crowd around us had a laugh and Big Gordy nearly shit himself! Nowadays I'd probably be arrested for being maskist or something!

I can just imagine the big man pi**ing himself at that!!😂

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

G is a true Falkirk legend

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I've seen several games online.  It's utterly brutal. No talent. A clueless manager.

Who mentioned Jeffries or McCall? I'd settle for Pressley performances at this point. 

Absolutely baffled at the Sheerin apologists to be honest. He's so far out of his depth he's coaching from the Mariana Trench. 

Teams have got Falkirks pattern of play worked out with no gumption on the park what to do when the inevitable happens. FFC get possession opposition sit behind the ball and sooner rather than later give it away.

How do you play against  that ? Flicks onto runners, one two's. Sure most won't work but the opposition are drawn out and try to stop it.

6 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I have to agree I don't rate Sheerin at all. Nice enough bloke but there's absolutely no chance he's getting us promotion this season. There are circumstances outwith his control in this circus that's obvious but the football has been woeful and that's on him. We are in the second quarter of the season and it seems he still doesn't know what his best team, tactics, formation is. That's not good enough. Aye Holt has signed some shite but I think Sheerin could be getting a bit more out of them than he has. 

There’s a saying: “Those that can “do”, those that can’t, teach".

That is Sheerin to a “T”, he couldn’t manage so he became a teacher, a coach.

He had moderate managerial success up at Arbroath and then decided that he wasn’t up to it so took a “no pressure” coaching job at Aberdeen. He was perfectly happy there, toodling along, coaching the laddies and then suddenly his meal ticket of Derek McInnes was gone. Stephen Glass obviously didn’t fancy him and wanted to bring in his own backroom team so Sheerin had to find something else, anything else, pronto. Inverness knocked him back and we got their sloppy seconds.

He doesn’t want to be a manager at all and after our recent run of results and performances, exacerbated further by his disastrous contribution of “eh, I wish I had the answer to that in all honesty” at the Q&A, he would now rather be anywhere else but TFS.

We should do the kind thing, put him out of his misery, and let him go.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

There’s a saying: “Those that can “do”, those that can’t, teach".

That is Sheerin to a “T”, he couldn’t manage so he became a teacher, a coach.

He had moderate managerial success up at Arbroath and then decided that he wasn’t up to it so took a “no pressure” coaching job at Aberdeen. He was perfectly happy there, toodling along, coaching the laddies and then suddenly his meal ticket of Derek McInnes was gone. Stephen Glass obviously didn’t fancy him and wanted to bring in his own backroom team so Sheerin had to find something else, anything else, pronto. Inverness knocked him back and we got their sloppy seconds.

He doesn’t want to be a manager at all and after our recent run of results and performances, exacerbated further by his disastrous contribution of “eh, I wish I had the answer to that in all honesty” at the Q&A, he would now rather be anywhere else but TFS.

We should do the kind thing, put him out of his misery, and let him go.

Would rather get Holt out and put someone with experience in that role. He’s the issue we need to resolve immediately.