The Falkirk FC Thread

See these, I'll only go if X or Y happens - thinking you are some sort moral crusader for the greater good of Falkirk FC - you aren't - you are a glory hunter. Nobody gives a Flying f**k about the board when the team are winning. 
Now we are utter gash, its not good form to say, I only support Falkirk when they have a decent team, you have justify it by saying - until the Club  oes  X or Y,  I'm not going back.
Pitiful behaviour.

I can’t speak for others but a lot of the folk I know who have withheld ST money are still going to away games. Also these are folk who have followed Falkirk for 30, 40 + years since the days we were playing in the bottom tier at Brockville in front of gates of 1000 so I don’t think they fit the tag “ glory hunter”.

Just finished re- reading Michael White’s Vol. 4 from 1994 to 2007 and what a treasure trove of information it contains.

From Jefferies, Lambie, Collins, Bannon, Totten, McCall, Coyle and Hughes., it chronicles all the ups and downs during that spell and, boy, there were plenty.

Will need to look out some of the earlier ones.

Has there been a more recent one?

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Well I saw Deans look pretty bloody angry and embarassed when arguing with a guy at full time at the Airdrie game and old dears giving him pelters whilst waving walking sticks - Thats from prime punters. He wanted no more after that.

Get beat of Alloa, he'd have needed security. 

Remember Deans is a volunteer, a fan who stupidly ( initially he was reluctant) agreed to lex miller’s constant requests to join the board. 
I agree he and Colborn had to go once they had made an arse of themselves but they are / were genuine supporters who unfortunately had nothing much to offer. 
I hope the Navy blue or whoever takes over can find a real Leader with the strength of Character to sort the Mess at the club out . The Rawlins involvement was always a bit weird to say the least why you would want to live in Denver and invest in a small community football club thousands of miles away beats me. 
Please please no more fking accountants or consultants  getting involved and hopefully SA & MR & GH go at the same time it’s no co-incidence we’ve been on a downward spiral with them hanging around like a bad smell.

25 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just finished re- reading Michael White’s Vol. 4 from 1994 to 2007 and what a treasure trove of information it contains.

From Jefferies, Lambie, Collins, Bannon, Totten, McCall, Coyle and Hughes., it chronicles all the ups and downs during that spell and, boy, there were plenty.

There's a volume 5, I'd also recommend Michael White's book based on the poems of a Falkirk fan around world war 1

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

There is a point here, if the board were really bad and not pantomime villains then the Inverness cup final would've been the perfect time for a Ritchie/Alexander out display on a world stage! However they made good and bad decisions, were unlucky with timings ie, our best team in 20 years arrived with rangers/hearts/hibs/Dundee utd all around the championship even covid stopped us at least having the chance of going up by finishing the season. Board decisions and interactions with fans have been terrible last few years and the team have been getting worse. This could be a pivotal moment in our history and could hopefully be the catalyst for a rise up the leagues #COYB (is the coyb Facebook enough for everyone,  lol)

Best side in 20 years?

49 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Remember Deans is a volunteer, a fan who stupidly ( initially he was reluctant) agreed to lex miller’s constant requests to join the board. 
I agree he and Colborn had to go once they had made an arse of themselves but they are / were genuine supporters who unfortunately had nothing much to offer. 
I hope the Navy blue or whoever takes over can find a real Leader with the strength of Character to sort the Mess at the club out . The Rawlins involvement was always a bit weird to say the least why you would want to live in Denver and invest in a small community football club thousands of miles away beats me. 
Please please no more fking accountants or consultants  getting involved and hopefully SA & MR & GH go at the same time it’s no co-incidence we’ve been on a downward spiral with them hanging around like a bad smell.

The main problem was their way of communicating with the fans.  No board will get every decision right but their way of dealing with criticism was to constantly attack the fans. For people who were supposedly fans themselves you would have thought they could've had better empathy with their fellow supporters.

Well I can’t say I’m anything other than delighted at seeing the back of the dimwits that have been running/ruining  our club. We just need shot of Holt and we’ll have cleared out a lot of the dross. Thankfully those clowns made such an arse of themselves in the Q&A that it became too difficult for them to continue. 

17 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

"Great question" is a statement, not a question (we're quite the experts on the difference between a statement and a question on this thread), so no question mark required. An exclamation mark would have been appropriate.

It's ex-players, not x players.

Careless use of "tour" instead of "your".

Several commas missing.

C+ tries hard, but could do better.

And here's a good Stephen King title for you:

Stephen King: The Outsider (Hardcover) | Tiki

Piss off.

I know I'm being a c*nt but you deserve it.

X- fair point.

Seriously though do you not think that some posters  on your forum cross the line?. That boy , Wilson,  never seen him play, but he has parents, family, friends some of whom may read the toxic comments from anonymous posters. Doesn't feel right. We are not great, but you guys just seem to be extreme. X 

What Is the end game here, a lot of blood letting and fan dick swinging going on and that's really it....

Apparently you have a wage bill that could choke a horse especially for this league, starting and running a youth academy with little or no rewards in short to medium term at least...

Have all the money men jumped ship with nobody stepping into the breech,  

Like a few clubs in skid row,  like my own club where we are stuck in a 90s bubble, Falkirk are really similar except there glory days were slightly later...  We are getting overtaken by Cove, Queens Park and a rapidly rising Kelty Hearts....

This season could be win or bust really for a few clubs,  

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

What Is the end game here, a lot of blood letting and fan dick swinging going on and that's really it....

Apparently you have a wage bill that could choke a horse especially for this league, starting and running a youth academy with little or no rewards in short to medium term at least...

Like a few clubs in skid row,  like my own club where we are stuck in a 90s bubble, Falkirk are really similar except there glory days were slightly later...  We are getting overtaken by Cove, Queens Park and a rapidly rising Kelty Hearts....

Starting up the youth has paid dividends already with the likes of lemon and weekes being promoted to the first team. There are fans in the wings looking to get involved and invest more money than the Rawlins ever did so we will be fine off the pitch. May take a bit longer to sort out the on field issues though.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sounds like a great timeframe tbh, will check this out for sure. Is it till end of Hughes as solo manager or the promotion that never was when Coyle left? 

11 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Not really, and tbh it’s not like their money is in a listed stock, there’s no short route of ‘selling up’ - you need a buyer And approval. Of course that depends on the intent, the ‘money men’ As you put it might be happy to sit back and hope their investment grows / not care to deeply in the event it’s written off. 

The AGM is bound to be due soon, and in the interim there is enough time to steady things.

if only we could get some unity at this time it could actually be the end of long period of discontent with things and give fans a real voice and piece of job of running the club.

Query for Falkirk fans.

When your stadium got finished (ish) with stand #3 in 2009 there was a special opening game v Royal Antwerp.

Was there a special game when the stadium first opened?

We played, for some bizarre reason, Dundee on the 25th July 2004 to officially open the stadium. John Sutton scored twice and we got beat.

20 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Query for Falkirk fans.

When your stadium got finished (ish) with stand #3 in 2009 there was a special opening game v Royal Antwerp.

Was there a special game when the stadium first opened?

Dundee with the one stand, and some boxing down by the college.