The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not convinced by hundred percent fan ownership to be honest. Will be interesting to see how some of these clubs go in the longer term.  Fan involvement and representation though I'm all for.

Completely agree. Fans rarely all agree on anything (apart from Holt Out , Deans Out).  Fan investment is fine and probably essential but a controlling interest is not healthy.  

I wonder how these clubs go raising investment if things go pear shaped with the likes of relegation. 

Most of our fans are absolute idiots who are convinced "Big Sexy" and "Cracks" would have turned it around last season, with an ever-growing number who don't care about the result or the division we're in as long as they get out the house for a couple of hours every couple of weeks.

Fan ownership would be an absolute disaster.

30 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Completely agree. Fans rarely all agree on anything (apart from Holt Out , Deans Out).  Fan investment is fine and probably essential but a controlling interest is not healthy.  

I wonder how these clubs go raising investment if things go pear shaped with the likes of relegation. 

Holt Out, Deans Out. Rapid.

Hodor Actor Looks Forward to 'Game of Thrones'

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Who would want to run our club? The fan base are very angry and quick to blame due to the recent disasters. A lot of confidence rebuilding needed from the chosen sacrificial lamb

Can you blame us and as for the quick to blame bear in mind that the club went to press calling us racists without any evidence only hearsay, rumour and speculation.  The club issued the notice again gone to the media on the copyright and legal action and once again the club blamed the fans for the results on the park so remind me which part of us is meant to be happy with the above.

Who would want to run our club? The fan base are very angry and quick to blame due to the recent disasters. A lot of confidence rebuilding needed from the chosen sacrificial lamb

The fan base have had every right to be very angry the past 4/5years as the club have gone from one disaster to the next. The one constant throughout that is the fans, whether rightly or wrongly have backed the club financially and have every right to expect better. Whoever takes over isn’t getting a club on its arse supporter wise, they have something to work with and let’s be honest here our expectations have been driven so low by recent boards that we would probably get behind any sort of recovery/improvement.

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Got a free ticket from a friend so I'll be there. 

If we control the game like we did on Saturday there then we should be winning it.

This would have been my first boycotted game as well, I feel a little cheated. Its only Thursday though, plenty of time for Falkirk to Falkirk. 

9 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

What? Clyde are the worst team I've seen this season by a mile. Yet we still huffed and puffed. It'll be a draw or Alloa win on Saturday.

I'm usually as negative as they come but we were extremely comfortable and could have been 3 or 4 up at half time on another day. Apart from a 15 minutes spell after the red card. We never look in any danger at all. 

It was the most comfortable game this season - barring the 1st Clyde game.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Most of our fans are absolute idiots who are convinced "Big Sexy" and "Cracks" would have turned it around last season, with an ever-growing number who don't care about the result or the division we're in as long as they get out the house for a couple of hours every couple of weeks.

That’s quite a statement to make calling the majority of Falkirk fans idiots, almost Colburnesque

Think you should resign from P&B with immediate effect 

42 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The fan base have had every right to be very angry the past 4/5years as the club have gone from one disaster to the next. The one constant throughout that is the fans, whether rightly or wrongly have backed the club financially and have every right to expect better. Whoever takes over isn’t getting a club on its arse supporter wise, they have something to work with and let’s be honest here our expectations have been driven so low by recent boards that we would probably get behind any sort of recovery/improvement.

Their is being angry and their is being detriment to your own club. I think you answered the question of whats been the same and that is the fans ie the negativity. I'm awaiting the red dots because people won't be happy. I disagree with your expectations being low also. TOo many think they should win every game in this league.

So hopefully the fans get behind the new board and if its a fans group that probably will be better than what you had. It won't turn around over night. I fully expect falkirk to be in league 1 for the forseeable

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

As you've witnessed, apparent well established business men may not be any more intelligent than your average fan in regards to running football clubs. At least with idiot fans in charge your club is likely never to die, and in theory it should be easier to bring about changes in the board room if fans are voting it in. I also suspect Falkirk will have a wide range of people who have the skills to run a football club within their support, it's just a matter of finding them. 

If you've got the chance to own your club, take it with both hands. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

As you've witnessed, apparent well established business men may not be any more intelligent than your average fan in regards to running football clubs. At least with idiot fans in charge your club is likely never to die, and in theory it should be easier to bring about changes in the board room if fans are voting it in. I also suspect Falkirk will have a wide range of people who have the skills to run a football club within their support, it's just a matter of finding them. 

If you've got the chance to own your club, take it with both hands. 

The key to the decline of our club in recent years has been the complete failure to identify these people.

Either that or something in the air in the Boardroom turns level headed professional people into egotistical simpletons overnight.

37 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

That’s quite a statement to make calling the majority of Falkirk fans idiots, almost Colburnesque

Think you should resign from P&B with immediate effect 

Can I wait a couple of weeks first?

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The key to the decline of our club in recent years has been the complete failure to identify these people.

Either that or something in the air in the Boardroom turns level headed professional people into egotistical simpletons overnight.

Has the problem not been that board members have been appointing their pals and stooges, rather than a failure to identify people within the support?

You had an investment offer put forward by a group who wanted changes at board room level, I don't know if those changes would've been for the better but it's clear you have people in your support ready and willing to take the reigns if the right people stood down, which they now appear to have done. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Has the problem not been that board members have been appointing their pals and stooges, rather than a failure to identify people within the support?

You had an investment offer put forward by a group who wanted changes at board room level, I don't know if those changes would've been for the better but it's clear you have people in your support ready and willing to take the reigns if the right people stood down, which they now appear to have done. 

Perhaps I should have been clearer, identify and interact in good faith with these people.

I think its important that if the NB group are putting together something that there is an attempt to unite the other fans groups first and appeal to any fans who'd like to be involved to be part of the bid.  

My concern with the NB bid last time was that there was no detail on who they were.  It seemed like the Rawlins were the best option on the basis that they brought proven successful involvement in football when most of us knew nothing about those involved in NB. 

As others have said, simply running a business and making some money/being a fan isn't a guarantee of being up to running a successful club, far from it otherwise MR and SA would have worked.  Also important any fans bid doesn't become a vehicle for egos to take over.  Important in this regard that there is wide and varied input along with some kind of democratic process when it comes to selecting the new chairman etc.  Hopefully the Rawlins will stay involved in some capacity too.  

I assume everyone is now happy to go back to games.