The Falkirk FC Thread

A diversion from the board business, but just noticed Sean Kelly is getting a regular game for Livi in the prem. A player who looked totally devoid of any sort of abilities that would point to him being a premiership footballer when he was with us. 

Yet another example that we, for whatever reason, are getting the absolute minimum out of any player we currently get 

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This is possible win for the Rawlins in the big picture. Show dissatisfaction with the Board, and solidarity with the fans, as they step back, while keeping their investment in the club. If it moves to a fan model, they get bought out and haven’t wasted any time after an absolutely chaotic first year. If a new investor comes in, they get bought out. If nothing happens for a few years, they’ve parked a few hundred thousand in a foreign currency, allowing for possible gains or tax write offs in the future. If FFC fails, they have the tax write off again.

With 26%, and dropping off the Board, they are the people to approach to get half the shares needed to control the club, just saying…it’s less than 1% of their portfolio.

If they’re off the board they can’t sell their shares without the boards permission or control their investment. 

Not sure about the tax write off either. It still cost them £350,000. If they can claim it against tax then it’s not like they can claim back the whole amount from a tax bill. They’ll only not pay tax on the amount of the purchase but it will cost them 60% of the total or whatever. 

Also as far as investors go then there are new shares that can be bought. It will require more shares to get a decent percentage but that money will at least be going in to the club to help secure that investment instead of the Rawlins pockets. 

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This is possible win for the Rawlins in the big picture. Show dissatisfaction with the Board, and solidarity with the fans, as they step back, while keeping their investment in the club. If it moves to a fan model, they get bought out and haven’t wasted any time after an absolutely chaotic first year. If a new investor comes in, they get bought out. If nothing happens for a few years, they’ve parked a few hundred thousand in a foreign currency, allowing for possible gains or tax write offs in the future. If FFC fails, they have the tax write off again.

With 26%, and dropping off the Board, they are the people to approach to get half the shares needed to control the club, just saying…it’s less than 1% of their portfolio.

Disagree. 74% of sold shares lie elsewhere, but it’s the 2,000,000 or so unsold shares that bring immediate investment into the club, and crucially drop the Rawlins shareholding below the 26% barrier. With 26%, Rawlins can block any changes to the constitution of the club. With less than 25%, in theory, they can’t.

Surely I’m not the only one thinking this is a great opportunity?

If the NB group, Patrons and ‘less wealthy’ fans can come together we could have 3 cash injections and true fan ownership.

f**k them, let’s take our club back and start the comeback ourselves 💪🏼

This is great news but it’s just the beginning. The Club needs emptied this time, no more shuffling of the deckchairs. McFarlane needs to get to f*ck pronto along with Holt. Ritchie and Alexander need to sell their shares and never darken the Club’s door again with any input at all. When a new Board of Directors is appointed, then there should be no place whatsoever for vermin like Andy Thomson to stink the place out, whether that’s in a voluntary position or not. This is our chance to finally get the Club on the right track again. Don’t f*ck it up!

Edited by MSG GTF!

Guest Caractacus Potts
24 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

This is great news but it’s just the beginning. The Club needs emptied this time, no more shuffling of the deckchairs. McFarlane needs to get to f*ck pronto along with Holt. Ritchie and Alexander need to sell their shares and never darken the Club’s door again with any input whatsoever. When a new Board of Directors is appointed, then there should be no place whatsoever for vermin like Andy Thomson to stink the place out, whether that’s in a voluntary position or not. This is our chance to finally get the Club on the right track again. Don’t f*ck it up!

I agree entirely. 

I can’t believe McFarlane’s name wasn’t mentioned. We’ve had some shocking PR since he came on board and as that’s supposed to be his contribution to the club I’m amazed he wasn’t mentioned. He didn’t come across well at either Q and A and to lambast ex players as well was completely unprofessional. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

A diversion from the board business, but just noticed Sean Kelly is getting a regular game for Livi in the prem. A player who looked totally devoid of any sort of abilities that would point to him being a premiership footballer when he was with us. 

Yet another example that we, for whatever reason, are getting the absolute minimum out of any player we currently get 

Or there is something deep rooted  and bad about your club from owners to directors to  frustrated supporters that creates a darkness where nobody can flourish and those few who do have any success want  to escape as quickly as possible.- no player or agent with any sense would ever want to send a player to Falkirk , unless they are overpaid, and I would suggest they are the wrong player.- or maybe the right one?. Telfer seems to be doing well- hear that he will be at Rovers next year- makes sense- McGinn a football man., descent man, getting the best out of  Connolly , and why would  any descent player  want to stay at Falkirk and listen to the bile of the frustrated fans?

4 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Or there is something deep rooted  and bad about your club from owners to directors to  frustrated supporters that creates a darkness where nobody can flourish and those few who do have any success want  to escape as quickly as possible.- no player or agent with any sense would ever want to send a player to Falkirk , unless they are overpaid, and I would suggest they are the wrong player.- or maybe the right one?. Telfer seems to be doing well- hear that he will be at Rovers next year- makes sense- McGinn a football man., descent man, getting the best out of  Connolly , and why would  any descent player  want to stay at Falkirk and listen to the bile of the frustrated fans?

BD89FD67-43A0-479C-BB1F-83F1473E3D08.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Is this from a Stephen King book?

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Is this from a Stephen King book?

😂😂- Great question?- maybe ask a few x players- oops that  may be difficult, as the droves of your x players  may  not want to respond , as your board has a history of  destroying  x players in  public forums! On  reflection agree with tour comment - would make a good sinister Stephen King book.

3 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

😂😂- Great question?- maybe ask a few x players- oops that  may be difficult, as the droves of your x players  may  not want to respond , as your board has a history of  destroying  x players in  public forums! On  reflection agree with tour comment - would make a good sinister Stephen King book.

"Great question" is a statement, not a question (we're quite the experts on the difference between a statement and a question on this thread), so no question mark required. An exclamation mark would have been appropriate.

It's ex-players, not x players.

Careless use of "tour" instead of "your".

Several commas missing.

C+ tries hard, but could do better.

And here's a good Stephen King title for you:

Stephen King: The Outsider (Hardcover) | Tiki

Piss off.

I know I'm being a c*nt but you deserve it.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I would like to know who is actually behind it. Most fans by now have heard plenty rumours of who is involved and I'm genuinely happy with some of the names I'm hearing but having such  large unnamed group isn't ideal. 

I'm not against the NB group in anyway whatsoever but getting information has been like pulling teeth. I appreciate you've posted some key info on here which is positive to see but beyond that I can't think of any other avenues of communication.

If there is a to be a move by NB to gain a large controlling stake of the club. Some form of open forum very much like Kenny Jamieson had 2 years ago with the fans/patrons bid would go a long way in my opinion.

Let’s see what transpires over the weeks leading up to the AGM. 

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If they’re off the board they can’t sell their shares without the boards permission or control their investment. 

Not sure about the tax write off either. It still cost them £350,000. If they can claim it against tax then it’s not like they can claim back the whole amount from a tax bill. They’ll only not pay tax on the amount of the purchase but it will cost them 60% of the total or whatever. 

Also as far as investors go then there are new shares that can be bought. It will require more shares to get a decent percentage but that money will at least be going in to the club to help secure that investment instead of the Rawlins pockets. 

True,  but they can simply hold the shares until: they become worthless (U.S. tax write off if not U.K., as international tax rules are pretty malleable) or until someone wants the shares (realizing a loss or gain then). Meanwhile, no work, since they’re off the Board, and they aren’t really fussed about being able to sell or not.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Disagree. 74% of sold shares lie elsewhere, but it’s the 2,000,000 or so unsold shares that bring immediate investment into the club, and crucially drop the Rawlins shareholding below the 26% barrier. With 26%, Rawlins can block any changes to the constitution of the club. With less than 25%, in theory, they can’t.

Fair enough.

Anyone else expecting one final "statement" from Deans and Colburn attacking the fans for "threats and conduct" against them as part of the reason they are stepping down.  

Also if there were any "threats" against them pretty sure the Police would have been involved.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Anyone else expecting one final "statement" from Deans and Colburn attacking the fans for "threats and conduct" against them as part of the reason they are stepping down.  

Also if there were any "threats" against them pretty sure the Police would have been involved.

The veiled reference in that leaving statement to personal and family reasons was clearly an attempt to claim the victim role.

I'd have had more respect for them if they'd said they reflected on their performance in the role and realised a better standard of board member was required. 

The departure matched the quality of their tenure. Good riddance. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I'd be amazed if there isn't a thinly veiled dig from Deans and/or both of them tbh as a parting shot claiming it's our fault it's came to this. 

Edited by ebobsboy

I'm all for "expect the unexpected" but if there's any hint of accountability from these idiots before they go it will be one of the most surprising things to happen in all my time supporting Falkirk.

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

"Great question" is a statement, not a question (we're quite the experts on the difference between a statement and a question on this thread), so no question mark required. An exclamation mark would have been appropriate.

It's ex-players, not x players.

Careless use of "tour" instead of "your".

Several commas missing.

C+ tries hard, but could do better.

And here's a good Stephen King title for you:

Stephen King: The Outsider (Hardcover) | Tiki

Piss off.

I know I'm being a c*nt but you deserve it.

You missed out his use of the word 'descent'....