The Falkirk FC Thread

What bit more transparency did you want? You knew how much, you knew what the group wanted to do, you know that vision didn’t suit the Board. 
Whatever happens now the real key IMO is unity. We have all spent years of squabbling and look we’re the club is now. Let’s hope we can get that now. 

Have you anything to share here BPM?
There is obviously going to be speculation that the Rawlins are stepping down as they cannot execute their business plan due to a conflict with any incumbents.
Presumably that’s the the reason why things did not progress with the NB Group the last time?….

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

There is obviously going to be speculation that the Rawlins are stepping down as they cannot execute their business plan due to a conflict with any incumbents.
Presumably that’s the the reason why things did not progress with the NB Group the last time?….

Or that they've realised their 'business plan' was utter bobbins to begin with and we're stuck in L1 for the foreseeable unless they part with serious wedge they don't want to part with.

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Or that they've realised their 'business plan' was utter bobbins to begin with and we're stuck in L1 for the foreseeable unless they part with serious wedge they don't want to part with.

They could simply appoint a decent manager who with the biggest budget in the league could sign some decent players though . No need to invest a fortune to get out of league one. Just get the main decisions right.

Its entirely possible that they don't feel they can travel to attend board meetings and would like to appoint someone with boots on the ground to oversee things while they act in a more advisory role.  If they are walking away, the timing suggests (to me at least) that they didn't like what they saw from the Q&A session (or potentially the backlash online afterwards) and didn't want it to tarnish their reputation if we crash and burn and they want to go into another club. 

I for one hope they aren't walking away as I think they would have a very good chance in the medium future of turning the club around.  I guess time will tell what the future holds.

1 minute ago, MetalWolf said:

Its entirely possible that they don't feel they can travel to attend board meetings and would like to appoint someone with boots on the ground to oversee things while they act in a more advisory role.  If they are walking away, the timing suggests (to me at least) that they didn't like what they saw from the Q&A session (or potentially the backlash online afterwards) and didn't want it to tarnish their reputation if we crash and burn and they want to go into another club. 

I for one hope they aren't walking away as I think they would have a very good chance in the medium future of turning the club around.  I guess time will tell what the future holds.

Or perhaps something has occurred in their family situation that means they no longer have the time or ability to be members of the bod. Who knows.

Agree with this.
I think their vision is more long term such as stability and development of the academy so, I’d rather they stick around in some background capacity than just jump ship.
The one positive thing I will say is it’s good to see that they recognise what a f**k up that Q and A was and are willing to do the right thing as a consequence….

The fact the comments from the BoD and was approved gave as coverage and more ridicule on an international level, who in their right mind would have wanted to be associated as part of it. The thing for the Board was it was condemned in the media their comments and views of the fans.

it be nice to go a year without being known as crisis club Falkirk, they might want to copy right that name for future.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Glad about Deans and Colborn but concerned about Rawlins.  First two needed to resign but the Rawlins' haven't done anything to step down.  Granted as investors go they are small time and looks like they had no intention of increasing their investment, but why walk away from the club?   Run away after the first crisis?

Simples. If they want to unload their shares, they will do it while on the Board. Once they are off the Board, they would need the new Board’s permission to sell, and the new Board could veto any potential buyer.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Possibly hanging on to the shareholding until the NB group come forward? Only logical reason I can think of.

The club needs unsold shares to be bought. Any cash for Rawlins shares leaves the club (and country).

Guest Back Post Misses
42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t know why the Rawlins have removed themselves from the Board. 
As far as their plan goes I am on record as saying there is not much on the plan anyone could disagree with, timing yes but not what he put in place. However plans only work out if you have the people to execute them.  

Clearly it’s great news that Deans and Colborn are away but I don’t understand what’s going on with the Rawlins.

To me they’re either going to put more hands-on representatives on the board or they’re for the off as I can’t see them wanting to keep holding that number of shares with no influence. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

What bit more transparency did you want? You knew how much, you knew what the group wanted to do, you know that vision didn’t suit the Board. 
Whatever happens now the real key IMO is unity. We have all spent years of squabbling and look we’re the club is now. Let’s hope we can get that now. 

I would like to know who is actually behind it. Most fans by now have heard plenty rumours of who is involved and I'm genuinely happy with some of the names I'm hearing but having such  large unnamed group isn't ideal. 

I'm not against the NB group in anyway whatsoever but getting information has been like pulling teeth. I appreciate you've posted some key info on here which is positive to see but beyond that I can't think of any other avenues of communication.

If there is a to be a move by NB to gain a large controlling stake of the club. Some form of open forum very much like Kenny Jamieson had 2 years ago with the fans/patrons bid would go a long way in my opinion.

Deans and Colborn had to go, there was no other option.

It looks to me that Rawlins have walked as the fans didn’t kiss their arse at the Q&A and they’ve realised how big the divide between the club and the fans actually is. I appreciate I may be wrong on this but if that is the case then f**k them tae.

Whatever the reason it’s time for the fans to take control of the club. 

This is possible win for the Rawlins in the big picture. Show dissatisfaction with the Board, and solidarity with the fans, as they step back, while keeping their investment in the club. If it moves to a fan model, they get bought out and haven’t wasted any time after an absolutely chaotic first year. If a new investor comes in, they get bought out. If nothing happens for a few years, they’ve parked a few hundred thousand in a foreign currency, allowing for possible gains or tax write offs in the future. If FFC fails, they have the tax write off again.

With 26%, and dropping off the Board, they are the people to approach to get half the shares needed to control the club, just saying…it’s less than 1% of their portfolio.