The Falkirk FC Thread

I still think the stuff going wrong on the park is down to Holt more than Sheerin, if he had said anything at that Q&A he would have been throwing Holt under the bus and would have gave him an even worse working environment.

Thats a turn up for the books!

Who was the younger guy was with the glasses? I didnt feel he came across well at the q and a either? His arrogance was of the scale.

The Rawlins leaving is embarrassing, and really has pissed me off. They were obviously full of hot air, and had no real desire to improve the club.

Fan ownership is the only way forward!

Maybe I'm missing something, but that statement says nothing about Rawlins selling their shareholding, just that they are leaving the board. We already have large shareholders who are not members of the board, sitting very much in the background, hands off whilst the club falls apart. So perhaps these two will be happy to do the same? What a massive disappointment they have proved to be, complete non-event after some initial optimism.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but that statement says nothing about Rawlins selling their shareholding, just that they are leaving the board. We already have large shareholders who are not members of the board, sitting very much in the background, hands off whilst the club falls apart. So perhaps these two will be happy to do the same? What a massive disappointment they have proved to be, complete non-event after some initial optimism.

they can't sell shares without the Boards approval. That may come in time. ....but then you have to ask ...who would want to buy 26% of the club?

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Possibly hanging on to the shareholding until the NB group come forward? Only logical reason I can think of.

15 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

they can't sell shares without the Boards approval. That may come in time. ....but then you have to ask ...who would want to buy 26% of the club?

What is it actually worth? As there's precious little in the way of assets.

26% of nothing=

Guest Back Post Misses
12 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If they do then I hope its with a bit more transparency than we have seen so far. I wish them the best if they do step in though.

What bit more transparency did you want? You knew how much, you knew what the group wanted to do, you know that vision didn’t suit the Board. 
Whatever happens now the real key IMO is unity. We have all spent years of squabbling and look we’re the club is now. Let’s hope we can get that now. 

18 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Yes, so if their intention is to sell, surely their interests would be better served by remaining on the board, where they can have a direct influence on the agreement of any transaction? I've long since accepted that I will never be remotely clever enough to grasp the labyrinth and twisted machinations of the Falkirk FC boardroom, and whilst the departure of the poisonous Deans and Colborn is very welcome, this still does not have the feel of anything remotely like the seismic change that I think is needed to finally move forward i.e. completely fresh investment and majority ownership, the likes of Alexander and Ritchie off the scene in their entirety and the key football positions filled with staff who have some sort of track record in their respective roles. Or is the AGM going to be yet another exercise on rearranging deckchairs and pals stepping down only to be replaced by more incompetent pals ? I really hope not.

f**k the Rawlins if they are scarpering already. Delighted to see mouthpiece Deans gone too after that shambolic performance the other week. I know theres an element of the unknown at play here but equally, i'd rather be able to walk into to TFS with a square conscience to see us get relegated than feel like I had to stay away from my club and watch these fucking idiots burn it down from the inside. 

Holt next.