The Falkirk FC Thread

On the Deans and Colburn both their positions were untenable after the car crash Q&A, on another positive GD gets his Saturdays back.

So where does that leave us if the Rawlings are stepping down and would this not be a good time for the local ones to try and take some sort of ownership, I'm not saying its the answer but at least their ideas would have to be better than what's been served up already.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Right this is the start and that's great but this time we have to make sure that this time the fans are the ones leading the club. 

There must be someone in the picture and surely talks must have been being carried out behind the scenes to get to this stage.  

the "3 legged model" approach was proposed recently with major shareholders, medium sized shareholders and the FSS to all have an equal footing in the Boardroom - 2 seats each with an independent Chairman.

There are some very good guys in both the "medium" group and the FSS.  Only hope that some of them decide to participate. 

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We need a move to fan ownership a la St Mirren. Brilliant model. If any of our wealthy fans actually gave a shit about the club they'd do what the St Mirren chap Scott Wardrop (I think?) did

I'm not convinced by hundred percent fan ownership to be honest. Will be interesting to see how some of these clubs go in the longer term.  Fan involvement and representation though I'm all for.

Just now, Zbairn said:

the "3 legged model" approach was proposed recently with major shareholders, medium sized shareholders and the FSS to all have an equal footing in the Boardroom - 2 seats each with an independent Chairman.

There are some very good guys in both the "medium" group and the FSS.  Only hope that some of them decide to participate. 

This sounds reasonable to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Definitely the way to go just as long as you have the right folk involved.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Definitely the way to go just as long as you have the right folk involved.

exactly....I think its the only way to go as long as you have the right folk on board (notice the pun :)) .......or it's the same old !

13 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Personally, this is what I want, its fair and balanced, we would finally have a democratically governed club.

Edited by falkirkzombie

I hope we get the right folk in and by that I mean folk that can get us all board, players, fans pulling in the same direction towards getting some success on the park again. I pray for once that the real fans can get involved in some way financially towards the running of our club.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Is Holt away too?? This could be better than the day Rangers died

Ah sadly not. Misread a post on Mutantbook.

this is positive news. After the q&a it just wasn't going to work. I hope Holt goes too. fresh start for all. while he is still here it leaves a sour taste and links to that group.

Glad about Deans and Colborn but concerned about Rawlins.  First two needed to resign but the Rawlins' haven't done anything to step down.  Granted as investors go they are small time and looks like they had no intention of increasing their investment, but why walk away from the club?   Run away after the first crisis?