The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I know a lot won’t agree but I can see why Sheerin picks Hetherington, especially over Arnaldo. Hetherington covers a lot of ground and when a team breaks you tend to find he is there to cover, whereas, from what I’ve seen of Arnaldo, he doesn’t look very mobile at all. I’m not saying there isn’t better out there for that position but from a defensive point of view, Hetherington does his job. He should be getting the ball and moving it onto the likes of Telfer straight away though as he is limited when trying to pass forward. 

I may eat my words next week but I think we may be in for a shock, especially if he plays Arnaldo

Hetherington does run about, doesn't tackle, doesn't pass forward, has poor control and doesn't look like captain material 

All of his successful passes are backwards and 2 yard passes to Telfer.

I personally don't think anyone can fully judge Krasniqi so far. I noticed zero difference when Hetherington was sent off yesterday leaving us with 10 men.

If Krasniqi ain't an answer, we need better than Hetherington in there, the poor control from a simple pass yesterday sums up how piss poor we have been when the basic skills ain't there 

1 hour ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Fair point was still half asleep and never thought of it like that. Definitely trying to deflect the flak from our shambles of a club. 

I don't think it was to deflect anything tbh, we have had our run ins with Clyde recently and over the years and for me it was simply rubbing their noses in it.

If we were fighting with Clyde over the top end of the table, it wouldn't have been brought up why it was in the highlights. 

I personally don't think it was needed or to be that long but if it was against the pars, it would've been the entirety of the time it took to find a ball.

Edited by MrDust

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fans are getting blamed for players not coming to Falkirk, ever thought other issues make them wish to sign elsewhere eg the clubs governance ? 

That's exactly what's happening at the moment. 

I've been trying to explain to guys at work after the Q+A that the club are currently getting off lightly by the fans. It's all been pretty timid so far, certainly not reached Brockville levels of seeth yet. 

It's just our board can't handle some constructive criticism amongst other things like actually doing their job. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

In fairness to Hetherington, I noticed he was barking orders at the players yesterday. I’m not his biggest fan but I felt he was good yesterday apart from the yellow card he picked up for poor control. I hope his red card is appealed. 

I'm sure most of the folk in the crowd could bark orders at players. Last thing we need is him playing next week after his embarrassing performance at the indodrill where niang and king battered him . 

If Williamson is back next week then its a stick on that Miller will be in for Hetherington rather than Krasniqi.  Is Miller better in there than Hetherington?  That is probably the question if we're thinking of appealing.  

Another goal for Ruth that would have been 'strikers instinct/right place right time' had it been Keena who scored.  

McGuffie, though usually poor did much more yesterday and really well taken goal.   McCann much better too.  

Hopefully this can be the start of a bit of form.  Morrison coming back will be massive for us - hoping that's still on track for December.  

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If Williamson is back next week then its a stick on that Miller will be in for Hetherington rather than Krasniqi.  Is Miller better in there than Hetherington?  That is probably the question if we're thinking of appealing.  

Another goal for Ruth that would have been 'strikers instinct/right place right time' had it been Keena who scored.  

McGuffie, though usually poor did much more yesterday and really well taken goal.   McCann much better too.  

Hopefully this can be the start of a bit of form.  Morrison coming back will be massive for us - hoping that's still on track for December.  

The thought of miller or hetherington up against alloa's midfield would give anyone the fear. Ruth needs to be far more physical this time too. He made Mendy one of the worst centrehalfs you'll see look like van dijk over there.  I'd have niang and Henderson in our side any day. Another two loan deals that Holt missed out on.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sure most of the folk in the crowd could bark orders at players. Last thing we need is him playing next week after his embarrassing performance at the indodrill where niang and king battered him . 

Most of the folk in the crowd don’t have a football brain cell between them as we’ve seen when folk boo keeping the ball so I think that’s unfair on him. 

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

That’s an incredibly arrogant position to take.

Reminiscent of our BOD a week past Tuesday.

Not at all. Do you think these coaches and managers go through A and Pro licenses for nothing? We had people actually boo our players for keeping the ball. The first thing you are taught in keep the ball and move it until openings open up. Some of our support want us going forward every single time even when the pass may not be on. 
Now whether we like it or not, Hetherington is the captain so we either like it or lump it I’m afraid but for someone to say the fans could organise our team or give them orders over someone who isn’t a young professional is incredibly unfair. 

Not at all. Do you think these coaches and managers go through A and Pro licenses for nothing? We had people actually boo our players for keeping the ball. The first thing you are taught in keep the ball and move it until openings open up. Some of our support want us going forward every single time even when the pass may not be on. 
Now whether we like it or not, Hetherington is the captain so we either like it or lump it I’m afraid but for someone to say the fans could organise our team or give them orders over someone who isn’t a young professional is incredibly unfair. 
I suppose its probably in no way unique to our support tbf, but it is infuritating to hear the grumbles the second a ball goes backwards. Even if it goes backwards across field for someone to run onto and into sapce you get the "STOP GITTERING ABOOT WI IT!!!!!" type shouts.

Whats far more rage inducing to me than Herherington and doesnt seem to get pelters is how easy it is to stop our attackers in their tracks. McGuffie in particular gets stood up so easily by full backs and up until hopefully yesterday since folk saying he was good, McCann steadfastly refusing to overlap him. Only mentioning those two as an example but it hapoens all through the team. Its the easiest thing imaginable for teams to make us play in front of them.

3 hours ago, Sgt Bilko said:

That's exactly what's happening at the moment. 

I've been trying to explain to guys at work after the Q+A that the club are currently getting off lightly by the fans. It's all been pretty timid so far, certainly not reached Brockville levels of seeth yet. 

It's just our board can't handle some constructive criticism amongst other things like actually doing their job. 

Been reading through this since yesterday and its almost like the Q&A didn't happen and everything is rosy in the garden again.

Guest Back Post Misses
10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Soft? It's a shocker. Disgraceful decision by the ref. I know we are having a laugh re it being hetherington but that is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen.

That is the same referee who gave QOS a PK for Dykes dive in the 95th minute. 

Beating a dugshite Clyde with not exactly a scintillating performance will have some of the wet wipes amongst our support believing we are back on track to win the league and Sheerin is the best thing since sliced bread, when in actual fact there is every chance we will get bodied by Alloa next week. We are still very much a poor poor outfit.

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Been reading through this since yesterday and its almost like the Q&A didn't happen and everything is rosy in the garden again.

Been to many a protest behind the stand at Brockville over the years. Anybody else remember the time on the early 70's the Board sneaked out the Watson Street exit during the protest and some poor sod had to come out to tell the fans they had skedaddled.

Clyde is probably the worst team in the league along with East Fife. Next week will be the acid test (again) to see if we have really improved, or revert back to type with Sheerin playing not to lose.

Our defence has certainly improved (not difficult) with Dixon and Hall back in there and McKay out. Hetherington is a waste of a jersey as everything he does is at snails pace, if he can actually control the ball or not makes a pass to the other side, that then allows the other team to re-organise. We need someone who can see a pass forwards quickly and he isn't that player.

The last few games where we have lost, Charlie Telfer has played almost at centre half due to Hetheringtons inadequacies and that leaves us short of one of our potentially creative midfielders joining in with the attack.     

I can see Miller being put back into the space in front of defence next week if Williamson is fit.. 

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I suppose its probably in no way unique to our support tbf, but it is infuritating to hear the grumbles the second a ball goes backwards. Even if it goes backwards across field for someone to run onto and into sapce you get the "STOP GITTERING ABOOT WI IT!!!!!" type shouts.

Whats far more rage inducing to me than Herherington and doesnt seem to get pelters is how easy it is to stop our attackers in their tracks. McGuffie in particular gets stood up so easily by full backs and up until hopefully yesterday since folk saying he was good, McCann steadfastly refusing to overlap him. Only mentioning those two as an example but it hapoens all through the team. Its the easiest thing imaginable for teams to make us play in front of them.

Totally agree with this all. We over rely on Morrison but that is stating the obvious. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

That’s an incredibly arrogant position to take.

Reminiscent of our BOD a week past Tuesday.

He’s not wrong though. Some of the stuff in the stands and in here is comical 😂

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Most of the folk in the crowd don’t have a football brain cell between them as we’ve seen when folk boo keeping the ball so I think that’s unfair on him. 

Yeah because we keep the ball and get nowhere that's the problem. No problems with possession as long as there is an end product that isn't passing from side to side for 5 mins and then giving it back to the goalie. The Airdrie game was the perfect example. Loads of the ball doing nothing with it in our own half. It's bad enough being boring to watch but being shit and boring to watch is even worse.

Yeah because we keep the ball and get nowhere that's the problem. No problems with possession as long as there is an end product that isn't passing from side to side for 5 mins and then giving it back to the goalie. The Airdrie game was the perfect example. Loads of the ball doing nothing with it in our own half. It's bad enough being boring to watch but being shit and boring to watch is even worse.

Agree. It’s not the holding the ball that fans are booing it’s the lack of any momentum to get the ball forward and put the opposition under any form of pressure only to inevitably give the ball away cheaply…..

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Agree. It’s not the holding the ball that fans are booing it’s the lack of any momentum to get the ball forward and put the opposition under any form of pressure only to inevitably give the ball away cheaply…..

It's the speed as well. You need to move the ball quickly we seem to take ages to do it. Pass, control, look up, control, pass.