The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Scottish football is utter shite, a wee bit of organisation and a couple of decent players is all you need. I’d sign Scottish players as a last resort, bring though our own and sign foreigners is the way to go.  I know the Hartley thing didn’t work - but the idea was correct, the execution was utter mince. With a few exceptions - Players from the bottom six SPL to top of div1 are very similar in ability. 

How many great players don't make it now due to not getting the chance to create you own wee range of tricks and skills.

Used to be playground football, mates playing 3 and in, schools then picked up by the juniors or if lucky a pro club.

1st team football at 16-17 them move onto a higher level in early 20's with 3 - 4 years experience.

Would Jim Baxter make it now - Naw no chance one footed, no pace, cant tackle, weak in the air.

It is no coincidence that the decine in quality started 12 -15 years after league reconstruction and that progression was lost.

Didn’t want to comment on the Clyde penalty until I had seen the highlights, never a penalty in a million years, for what it’s worth I think Hetherington has become the whipping boy. Been no worse than many others in recent weeks but seems to be the easy target becomes he’s been giving the armband. 

Guest Back Post Misses
7 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Penalty decision is very bad but the lack of footballs was even worse. 😂

I thought the bit on Falkirk TV clearly having a dig about the ball was a cheap shot. FFS you would have thought the absolute c**t this club was made of two weeks ago we would learn. 

Reasonable performance as was last week, a bit of improvement. Only hope it can give them confidence and take chances. We have to remember the standard of opposition., we have got most our points from teams in lower half of league. We simply have to start beating teams in top half if we're serious about gaining promotion.

McCanns best game, Telfer good also. Never ever a pk and we should appeal no matter what it costs, BOD can pay out of own pockets, they're due us.

Thought Clyde were decent for the 5 minutes that there was no ball.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought the bit on Falkirk TV clearly having a dig about the ball was a cheap shot. FFS you would have thought the absolute c**t this club was made of two weeks ago we would learn. 

Exactly, lets show 30 seconds of nothing on a replay, as embarrassing for us as it was for Clyde, but not a surprise we do this crap.

I know a lot won’t agree but I can see why Sheerin picks Hetherington, especially over Arnaldo. Hetherington covers a lot of ground and when a team breaks you tend to find he is there to cover, whereas, from what I’ve seen of Arnaldo, he doesn’t look very mobile at all. I’m not saying there isn’t better out there for that position but from a defensive point of view, Hetherington does his job. He should be getting the ball and moving it onto the likes of Telfer straight away though as he is limited when trying to pass forward. 

I may eat my words next week but I think we may be in for a shock, especially if he plays Arnaldo

I’m not saying there isn’t better out there for that position but from a defensive point of view, Hetherington does his job. He should be getting the ball and moving it onto the likes of Telfer straight away though as he is limited when trying to pass forward. 

Ehm, like Krasniqi did for our third goal yesterday you mean?

And it’s Ernaldo [emoji3]

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fair point was still half asleep and never thought of it like that. Definitely trying to deflect the flak from our shambles of a club. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

How many great players don't make it now due to not getting the chance to create you own wee range of tricks and skills.

Used to be playground football, mates playing 3 and in, schools then picked up by the juniors or if lucky a pro club.

1st team football at 16-17 them move onto a higher level in early 20's with 3 - 4 years experience.

Would Jim Baxter make it now - Naw no chance one footed, no pace, cant tackle, weak in the air.

It is no coincidence that the decine in quality started 12 -15 years after league reconstruction and that progression was lost.

CmOEiMoWAAAHY4t.jpg

Guest Back Post Misses
50 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Fair point was still half asleep and never thought of it like that. Definitely trying to deflect the flak from our shambles of a club. 

Fans are getting blamed for players not coming to Falkirk, ever thought other issues make them wish to sign elsewhere eg the clubs governance ? 

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Hetherington done very little wrong yesterday so i felt for him a bit. I imagine it will be appealed.

Up until the penalty it was almost as if we were too comfortable.

McDaid was still the worst player on the park. Absolutely dreadful.

It's easy Street against Clyde's midfield though. Christ we pumped 3 past them before even though we're murder.  Hetherington disappears against the good midfields in the league just as we saw against Airdrie a few weeks back. That entail means telfer doesn't have the space and he disappears too.  Last time we played alloa they were bullied out of the game so no rush to get Hetherington back that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I know a lot won’t agree but I can see why Sheerin picks Hetherington, especially over Arnaldo. Hetherington covers a lot of ground and when a team breaks you tend to find he is there to cover, whereas, from what I’ve seen of Arnaldo, he doesn’t look very mobile at all. I’m not saying there isn’t better out there for that position but from a defensive point of view, Hetherington does his job. He should be getting the ball and moving it onto the likes of Telfer straight away though as he is limited when trying to pass forward. 

I may eat my words next week but I think we may be in for a shock, especially if he plays Arnaldo

Watch him against a decent midfield like Airdrie's though. Out run, out fought and spends his time when he actually has the ball giving it away.  Easy to look good against that Clyde midfield but when you are captain you have to stand out when the other team is doing the business. Hetherington disappears when the going gets tough and that ain't captain material. We managed to beat Clyde three nil without him the last time so no surprise we managed when he went off yesterday.

Edited by Shadwell Dog