The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

A win and results all went for us today. Turning point? Disappointing Williamson never even made the bench considering Sheerin said he was back in contention. Hetherington suspended for next week to you can't ask for much more.

Would not surprise me if the club tried to appeal the red card for Haddy Hetherington

37 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

He did well when with us though , had his moments but a key player none the less .

What were his moments ?  He is a player that can't control a ball or pass forward 

Ps question and a statement

23 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Leon McCann is a baller BTW. 

I thought he had a really good game today. So did Telfer.

Miller, McDaid and (amazing goal aside) McGuffie are not good enough for us. In January we need to be bringing in a new left winger to be starting. McDaid in particular just seems way off it and looks like he's just going through the motions.

Ruth was much better today but he needs to be much stronger if he's to lead the line. I thought Keena was awful when he came on too.

Next week is huge, somehow we're only 3 points off the top and we need to build on the good parts of today. Hopefully Williamson can be back in contention too

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

He failed to get one of 14 targets. Thinking back would Jefferies, McCall, Yogi or even Pressley fail to land one of 14? 

How many of the 14 were realistic targets though. Working hard and achieving nothing doesn’t really translate into a positive contribution in any work environment.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

How many of the 14 were realistic targets though. Working hard and achieving nothing doesn’t really translate into a positive contribution in any work environment.

Ollie Shaw, Jamie Gullan, Declan Mcmanus, Scott Robinson, Billy Mckay, Alex Jakubiak, Andy Ryan, Ruari Paton.

All just me speculating but I doubt i'll be far off the mark. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ollie Shaw, Jamie Gullan, Declan Mcmanus, Scott Robinson, Billy Mckay, Alex Jakubiak, Andy Ryan, Ruari Paton.

All just me speculating but I doubt i'll be far off the mark. 

Pity Euan Henderson wasn’t one! 

18 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Pity Euan Henderson wasn’t one! 

We won the jackpot with him 

full season loan as far as i know  , sorry lads  .

you would ruin him too most likely though .

Edited by Vegetableman

7 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

We won the jackpot with him 

full season loan as far as i know  , sorry lads  .

you would ruin him too most likely though .

Full season loans can soon become 6 month ones if the patent club want. I've seen numerous so called season long loan deals being cut short and him returning or getting punted out to another club so who knows.

Agree with some posts from earlier, McCann was excellent, Telfer as well, thought the keeper did well without having loads to do. Hopefully Williamson at right back and Morrison back makes us stronger going into January and a good signing or two could really set us up, whether we sign well is questionable but can only hope. 

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Not saying Hetherington is good but plenty going to get a shock with Krasniqi the next couple games assuming the next system. Agree with it or not there’s a reason Sheerin said he was miles off the first team.

We don’t have to play him? 

Pre match Sheerin said R. Williamson was back in contention. He didn’t even make the bench, but maybe he’ll be fit for next week? If so I’d have him at right back and possibly G. Miller in the only position he should ever have to play for us - CDM. He was excellent there, admittedly about 18 months ago now 

So now the clamour to have Hetherington dropped (rightly or wrongly) from the team has came about through disciplinary measures.

we will see who comes in, if the formation and style of play changes without him. Might be interesting to see what comes about