The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Shows how poor a league this is that our shower of shite are only 3 points off top.

Was just about to type this. 

Just proves that recruitment is key to getting out this league as we have been rank and are 1 win off the top. 

Satisfied with that. Thought we played much better than usual.  Some good passages of play and very dominant in the first half.  Second half wheels didn't fall off the bus as usual but they did get very loose.  Three points, played fine, that will do me in this league.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Shows how poor a league this is that our shower of shite are only 3 points off top.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Was just about to type this. 

Just proves that recruitment is key to getting out this league as we have been rank and are 1 win off the top. 

Jeez! I know it's not been great from our perspective considering budget vs. points return but perhaps another reading of the league is that every team, on their day, is capable of beating one another and it's pretty competitive. 

Let's remember we won today before ripping the team selection, individuals or performance.

Jeez! I know it's not been great from our perspective considering budget vs. points return but perhaps another reading of the league is that every team, on their day, is capable of beating one another and it's pretty competitive. 
Let's remember we won today before ripping the team selection, individuals or performance.

Aye no bother Gary [emoji106]

So just because we beat an utterly rancid Clyde team means everyone must have played well and we can’t be unhappy about how we played at all?

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Aye no bother Gary emoji106.png

Aye it does come across a bit like that but reading today some brilliant takes on here like McGuffie being horrendous and then seconds later he's scored but still gets pelters. 

We've got to have some balance instead of it always, always being shit or not good enough. 

No one will care come May how rancid Clyde were if it's 3pts towards promotion 🤞🏻

Going to try and be positive for a change 🤣

I thought we controlled the game from start to finish however I think Clyde, from what I’ve seen, are the worst team in the division. 

The penalty never was from first viewing and the players and management were rightly raging. 

Much better performance without scoring as much as we could have, even though we did actually score 3.

Ruth was much better and Telfer was/has been our best player each week IMO. 

Finally, credit must be given to the team for the fact we have now played with 10 men and won twice, whether we were winning before hand or not. Could easily crumble but didn’t.

Still loads to address but having a week off being negative until next week 😂

11 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Knowone was ripping into anyone and yes it's 3 points but what we're saying is that just maybe a creative mid and a decent finisher could have us sitting better in this league 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Have to blame Holts recruitment for the lack of a striker. Last season we were mince up front and that should have been top of his priority list. It’s fine for him to say at the q&a that he had a list of 14 strikers who turned us down for various reasons some including wages we could offer. You have to think though that if we weren’t spunking money on a large quantity of players who are absolute shite we may have been able to get in a decent striker.

He failed to get one of 14 targets. Thinking back would Jefferies, McCall, Yogi or even Pressley fail to land one of 14? 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

He failed to get one of 14 targets. Thinking back would Jefferies, McCall, Yogi or even Pressley fail to land one of 14? 

Not a chance. 

If he comes across arrogant at meetings, talking to him then getting a deal over the line must be hard work. 

Aye it does come across a bit like that but reading today some brilliant takes on here like McGuffie being horrendous and then seconds later he's scored but still gets pelters. 
We've got to have some balance instead of it always, always being shit or not good enough. 
No one will care come May how rancid Clyde were if it's 3pts towards promotion [emoji1695]

This current team won’t win us promotion. Granted they could produce a miracle come the January window but given Holt/Sheerins transfer dealing so far that would appear highly unlikely. I admire your optimism.

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Your hatred of anyone that don's a falkirk shirt is becoming legendary , almost as legendary as your board / fan meetings .

i think you lot could sign Messi and turn him into a jobber .

You can have Captain Calamity back anytime you want