The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He looks lazy to me and unable to fit into Sheerin’s way of playing probably. He ain’t that great anyway

This. People talk about Keena as if he’s just about to click into gear and score a barrowload of goals. It just shows how far our standards have fallen when he’s even quoted amongst our best strikers.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Could someone help me with a clarification?

As the Q & A car crash video approaches 20,000 views, it strikes me that no true Falkirk fan could bring down the derision and ignominy on our club.
They claim to be lifelong Falkirk fans but has anybody seen Deans, Colburn and the rest of them at the Falkirk Stadium of Brockville over the years?

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This. People talk about Keena as if he’s just about to click into gear and score a barrowload of goals. It just shows how far our standards have fallen when he’s even quoted amongst our best strikers.

I expected him to be a real poacher when he arrived at the club but what we've seen couldn't be further from that.  Scorer of great goals more than a great goals scorer fits him with the great goals being once in a blue moon.

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’m a pessimistic c**t but I think we will win by 3 or 4 today and go on a run. I seen enough last week to think things might just click soon. 

Now can someone point me towards the mad house 😂

It’s just off the Westfield roundabout near the fire station.

Just remembered the last time we were at Broadwood we stunk the place out in a 3-2 defeat with the deadly strike force of Sammon and McMillan. My word what a rabble we were then.

And that team would comfortably wipe the floor with whatever muck we field day.

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Stenhousemuir love to try and chip in with sarcastic comments but they try too much and it becomes desperate. It’s like they are trying to create a rivalry that will never really be there. 

Indeed. I meant that the content at least takes account of trends and doesn't seem formulaic like ours - Match info, 50/50, interviews on repeat.

I'd like to see player profiles, behind-the-scenes stuff and less video content actually - save on mobile bandwidth! 

With our much discussed player turnover there has to be a bond cultivated with this group beyond what we see on a match day.

Appreciate it's interns/work experience behind it but even clubs like Stenny are ahead using similar resources.

Have to blame Holts recruitment for the lack of a striker. Last season we were mince up front and that should have been top of his priority list. It’s fine for him to say at the q&a that he had a list of 14 strikers who turned us down for various reasons some including wages we could offer. You have to think though that if we weren’t spunking money on a large quantity of players who are absolute shite we may have been able to get in a decent striker.

5 hours ago, XabiaBairn said:

Could someone help me with a clarification?

As the Q & A car crash video approaches 20,000 views, it strikes me that no true Falkirk fan could bring down the derision and ignominy on our club.
They claim to be lifelong Falkirk fans but has anybody seen Deans, Colburn and the rest of them at the Falkirk Stadium of Brockville over the years?

Gordon Colborn, yes. Colin McFarlane yes. Gordon Wright…..no idea. Gary Deans…..I personally had never heard of him pre 18/19. None of the long standing supporters I know have any memory of him either, but others that I don’t know may well have fond memories of him.