The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

He was far from excellent 😂 less shite than usual yes, but by no means excellent!!! 

He beat his man on numerous occasions which is something we haven't seen since.  Give him the ball and tell him to use his pace to attack the full back and I'd rather see him than mcdaid or mcguffie beating noone for 90 mins. Sums us up though that he's never been played there since.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Does anyone know if you can pay at the gate tomorrow?

As far as I am aware, you can pay with contactless at the turnstile. If this isn't an option for you, you have to go round to the ticket office and pay for your ticket there then march back round to the turnstile to get into the stadium.

On 28/10/2021 at 09:51, lanky_ffc said:

I would have kept Dowds as a squad player. Had a knack for getting into the right positions, just needed to work on his finishing. Certainly a better option than Ompreon and Wilson.

I don't he will ever be a top goalscorer,don't think it's in his game 

On 28/10/2021 at 10:24, Shadwell Dog said:

Connolly we couldn't do much about unfortunately. He wanted to move on and with his injury record few Falkirk fans mourned him moving on.  It's the same old story otherwise though we move on shit players and somehow manage to sign even shiter ones.  Dowds wisnae good enough and his one goal and trying hard is okay as a backup  to a decent striker but when you haven't got the decent striker hes not much use. I'm sure Arbroath fans wouldn't be so happy if he was their main striker every week.

Arbroath probably have two strikers, not all strikers need to top the goalscoring charts especially if you are playing two or more.

It shows up our recruitment that we brought in worse than what we had added with Keena isn't fancied too as we play the Aberdeen schoolboy.

I'm not suggesting Dowds is the answer but when he leaves us, he won't be going to Elgin 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I don't he will ever be a top goalscorer,don't think it's in his game 

Arbroath probably have two strikers, not all strikers need to top the goalscoring charts especially if you are playing two or more.

It shows up our recruitment that we brought in worse than what we had added with Keena isn't fancied too as we play the Aberdeen schoolboy.

I'm not suggesting Dowds is the answer but when he leaves us, he won't be going to Elgin 

I'm convinced that Keena can score if given the chances, however, I've been concerned with his attitude/work-rate over the past couple of games.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm convinced that Keena can score if given the chances, however, I've been concerned with his attitude/work-rate over the past couple of games.

If he's pissed on Sheerin's chips as has been mooted then no matter what he does I wouldn't be surprised if he's papped out on loan in January regardless of what he does he was almost away to Raith just before we brought out our third strip. It's quite apparent Sheerin doesn't really rate him as a player and instead prefers his Aberdeen rookie. The absolutely horrific flip side if he does go in January is we see the return of Dowds and even more sickening thought of the competition winner mk 2.