The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Funny thing is, Leitch, Sammon, Connolly and Dowds have a combined 10 league goals. 

Not that it’s much but Nesbit, McGuffie, Wilson, Ompreon and Ruth have 4!

Connolly and Dowds are playing a league above too. I also named 4 that have left compared to 5 that have came in! 

Even the much maligned Scott Mercer, at right back, has 2 league goals. Half as many as our 5 new forwards. 

Recruitment has improved?

Connolly we couldn't do much about unfortunately. He wanted to move on and with his injury record few Falkirk fans mourned him moving on.  It's the same old story otherwise though we move on shit players and somehow manage to sign even shiter ones.  Dowds wisnae good enough and his one goal and trying hard is okay as a backup  to a decent striker but when you haven't got the decent striker hes not much use. I'm sure Arbroath fans wouldn't be so happy if he was their main striker every week.

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After Dowds has been given a couple of starts he actually looks like an asset. Been running himself into the ground under DC.  

Hilarious to me that we loaned Dowds to Arbroath then signed jamie fkn wilson. 

Not saying Dowds is a world beater but is 10x the player of jamie wilson.

Now look, I'm very aware of how ridiculous this sounds but he took his 2nd well against Evro.... does Wilson deserve a start?  

He's (quite rightly) been completely written off but I'm sure he'd argue he hasn't had opportunities to start games.

What am I saying!   

BTW I'd also have Dowds back over Wilson & Sammy.  Keena is an enigma but on balance with the chances he's had he really hasn't shown enough.  Ruth I believe is our best striker atm and I don't believe he deserves half the flack he gets on here. Needs to start converting more chances but is getting into positions, laying the ball off well and always willing to run.  

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Now look, I'm very aware of how ridiculous this sounds but he took his 2nd well against Evro.... does Wilson deserve a start?  

He's (quite rightly) been completely written off but I'm sure he'd argue he hasn't had opportunities to start games.

What am I saying!   

BTW I'd also have Dowds back over Wilson & Sammy.  Keena is an enigma but on balance with the chances he's had he really hasn't shown enough.  Ruth I believe is our best striker atm and I don't believe he deserves half the flack he gets on here. Needs to start converting more chances but is getting into positions, laying the ball off well and always willing to run.  

Even if he scored 3 overhead kicks in a treble hat trick we couldn't call him back before the transfer window.

What am I saying!   

Aye fist enough he scored a decent enough goal against a boys team but come on to f**k. He’s rancid.

Completely disagree about Ruth btw. He does get into positions but his finishing is very poor (like everyone else in our squad tbh), he’s nowhere near strong enough and the ball doesn’t stick anywhere near enough. That’s why for me Keena is our best striker, despite himself not being great. His finishing as well is poor and he does spend too much time outside the box but he gets us up the pitch either with his hold up play or by buying a foul. There’s no doubt or argument that we need better than both but if we’re going to continue again with the 4-2-3-1 then neither striker is going to score a lot of goals with that formation so you need to look at who brings the most to the team and undoubtedly it’s Keena.

15 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Wearing a t shirt with GD's arrogant condescending words is an endorsement of the fool, at least that is how he would see it.

A glorification of Deans , vindication of his arrogance and support for him - at least that is how I would see it.  

Maybe something like "That's an insult not an answer" with a picture of the hopeless um...er...um buffoon &  'GET OUT" below would suit better.    

Have decided my t-shirt will read 

"Here's a STATEMENT for you..."

with 

"Off you f**k" 

on the back

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Connolly we couldn't do much about unfortunately. He wanted to move on and with his injury record few Falkirk fans mourned him moving on.  It's the same old story otherwise though we move on shit players and somehow manage to sign even shiter ones.  Dowds wisnae good enough and his one goal and trying hard is okay as a backup  to a decent striker but when you haven't got the decent striker hes not much use. I'm sure Arbroath fans wouldn't be so happy if he was their main striker every week.

Yeh wasn’t really bemoaning the players we let go off but likewise stating those who have came in have been below par(Nesbitt apart, although he’s never been much of a goal scorer). 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

What am I saying!   

He was getting a start at Elgin and is yet to score. Didn’t get much of a chance with us granted but think he found his level against Evro and Inverurie or whoever it was he scored a hat trick against. 

Guest Back Post Misses
42 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Have decided my t-shirt will read 

"Here's a STATEMENT for you..."

with 

"Off you f**k" 

on the back

Dave Mac won it for me

”if the fire alarm goes off, run like hell” 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

He was getting a start at Elgin and is yet to score. Didn’t get much of a chance with us granted but think he found his level against Evro and Inverurie or whoever it was he scored a hat trick against. 

As far as I can make out Wilson's started one game for Elgin and came on as a sub in another, playing a total of 105 minutes.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

As far as I can make out Wilson's started one game for Elgin and came on as a sub in another, playing a total of 105 minutes.

He's dung, end of story. Sammy Ompreon also hasn't really offered anything and having watched that game against Evro I doubt he ever will. I'd have personally kept Dowds as a different option but Sheerin clearly didn't fancy him at all given he signed Wilson. We'll need to strengthen in January and I don't think any of us believe Holt will bring in the correct players.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Stand corrected. Just went off the top of my head as thought I had checked a couple of weeks and he was starting. It’s not a great indicator of his abilities though if he can’t even get a regular start for Elgin. 

44 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Stand corrected. Just went off the top of my head as thought I had checked a couple of weeks and he was starting. It’s not a great indicator of his abilities though if he can’t even get a regular start for Elgin. 

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Maybe it's the Elgin fans' fault?

He scored 4 goals last season lads, in-depth analyst here.

T-shirts now on sale. Limited amount and need orders by tomorrow midday. £13 each with profits going to the Falkirk Community Foundation. 

Message me if you want one. 2FA68D04-8F8F-426C-A6DB-CE76A6D9FE26.thumb.jpeg.ff3aafead0e565b8ef168b31f2ed5302.jpeg