The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Zbairn said:

There are a load of unissued shares waiting to be snapped up.

The problem is that the Board dictates who can buy and sell. As an example, I can't sell my shares to you without the Boards permission.

......but if the Rawlins want...... since they effectively "own" the Board...... they can buy and sell anytime they want.

Exactly ! and these shares are only worth what somebody is willing to pay.

Rawlins sits and watches the club decline further. The board for a variety of reasons will want out and the first person they will speak to ? Got it in one Rawlin's and he will offer them peanuts and they will grab it.

46 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Rawlins sits and watches the club decline further. The board for a variety of reasons will want out and the first person they will speak to ? Got it in one Rawlin's and he will offer them peanuts and they will grab it.

The board have hardly got any shares though and certainly didn't buy them to make money.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not convinced with that argument.  

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The board have hardly got any shares though and certainly didn't buy them to make money.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rawlins sit on the Board with 26%...Colborn bought a reasonable amount in the last fire sale.

12 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely Mr Rawlins will now realise what muppets he is working with and clear them out.

What's concerning is this is the guy who has said this is the best board he has ever worked with.

I hope now he has seen and heard them in the flesh, and not via Zoom, he realises that he screwed up with that.

31 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

What's concerning is this is the guy who has said this is the best board he has ever worked with.

I hope now he has seen and heard them in the flesh, and not via Zoom, he realises that he screwed up with that.

Standard bullshit to fling at the peasants.

Wearing a t shirt with GD's arrogant condescending words is an endorsement of the fool, at least that is how he would see it.

A glorification of Deans , vindication of his arrogance and support for him - at least that is how I would see it.  

Maybe something like "That's an insult not an answer" with a picture of the hopeless um...er...um buffoon &  'GET OUT" below would suit better.    

3 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Rawlins sit on the Board with 26%...Colborn bought a reasonable amount in the last fire sale.

Rawlins doesn't count obviously since we are talking about him buying up other people's shares. Colborn bought 75000  which is pretty small fry in the grand scheme of things. 

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After Dowds has been given a couple of starts he actually looks like an asset. Been running himself into the ground under DC.  

Its goals we need. I've no doubt if we had a decent striker like nouble we wouldn't mind dowds so much but at the moment we just have a group of strikers and that included dowds who don't get enough goals.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its goals we need. I've no doubt if we had a decent striker like nouble we wouldn't mind dowds so much but at the moment we just have a group of strikers and that included dowds who don't get enough goals.

Funny thing is, Leitch, Sammon, Connolly and Dowds have a combined 10 league goals. 

Not that it’s much but Nesbit, McGuffie, Wilson, Ompreon and Ruth have 4!

Connolly and Dowds are playing a league above too. I also named 4 that have left compared to 5 that have came in! 

Even the much maligned Scott Mercer, at right back, has 2 league goals. Half as many as our 5 new forwards. 

Recruitment has improved?

Edited by Caractacus Potts