The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ I wouldn't be paying anything for a player at that level.  You just don't know how he'll do in league one.

They wont ask for that from a league 1 team they wont stand in his way same as they did for Dylan Patterson all they took from Arbroath was a friendly for it because we wwere meant to play them and got cancelled so they could play arbroath

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So out of touch with the fans they believed the statement attacking an element of them. Would result in sympathy for the board and they would turn on the vocal protesters giving the true fans a bad name turning the meeting into an attendees shouting match at each other while the board look on their PR masterstroke.

Oh how wrong they are.

That’s exactly what they hoped! Probably thought they’d still get it when they published it online! 

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ I wouldn't be paying anything for a player at that level.  You just don't know how he'll do in league one.

It was a reply to a Rangers tweet instead of a Tweet which seemed a strange thing to do. Maybe why you missed it. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly what I was saying. Players playing in the league or had played a lot of football in the league like Buchanan, Lithgow etc. Other players like Robinson who had struggled for a few seasons and ended up  at East Fife, Scott pitman was from the juniors.  Cadden came from Airdrie as did lithgow. Mullin from Albion rovers. Quite a few players with points to prove . Not players simply moving for the money and the safety of a 3 year contract.

Ah sorry, caught the wrong end of it. We'd signed Pittman the year before and I think possibly Mullin too? The main difference was that was the year we started using stats based recruitment under Martindale. So it was guys stats were showing were far too good for this level and something Holt should've been all over.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My bad. I couldn't see it when I was on the Twitter page earlier. Strange.🤷

Because it was a tweet reply so you would only see it if you follow the Rangers and Falkirk accounts. Big team found etc etc. They can’t even get that right. Should have been a quote tweet. 

Edited by Rugster

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

£5k is nothing at that level for some teams. Even a few local amateur's are splashing that much as a backhander.

Aye but they know the player is good enough for that level. We could shell out 5k and find they are even worse than Jaime Wilson.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but they know the player is good enough for that level. We could shell out 5k and find they are even worse than Jaime Wilson.

We pay a guy 50k pa to do this stuff and claim to have a stats based recruitment model. If, despite those things, we cannot evaluate the suitability of this boy to play at our level, and instead, expect a few more Craig McGuffies to be picked out of the arse of the Championship, we can make that version number 416 of the same question..... "What the f**k are we doing here?"

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We pay a guy 50k pa to do this stuff and claim to have a stats based recruitment model. If, despite those things, we cannot evaluate the suitability of this boy to play at our level, and instead, expect a few more Craig McGuffies to be picked out of the arse of the Championship, we can make that version number 416 of the same question..... "What the f**k are we doing here?"

I wouldn't touch him unless it's for the dev squad as to me it's far too much of a gap. It's not as if it's even the old junior standard.

It's utterly pathetic that Holt has had an entire summer plus the option of loans to try and find a decent centre forward yet here we are trialing a boy from the juniors in the desperate hope he might be the saviour. This season can't end quickly enough. 

8 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Anyone else get excited for a millisecond before you realised this Scott Sinclair isn't the ex Celtic player?  

More chance of us signing Trevor Sinclair, it took more than a millisecond for me to process it fully, i was wrong footed initially, then remembered we don’t do good recruitment so couldn’t possibly be Scott Sinclair that was any good 😂

So are Paul McLaren and Johnny Armstrong in our Development Squad? Also, can we expect a return of Cammy Williamson (or start, not sure if he played for us yet)
Interested to see who scored, could herald an emergency return of Jaime “4 Goal, better than the rest” Wilson

Cammy Williamson has played a few games for us so far. He’s just a wee boy, nowhere even close to being up to it at this level yet. Probably should be playing in the lowland league right now. Certainly the weakest of the 3 young players brought in during the summer.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

No chance EOS clubs offered £5500 !

You are Wrong. Bo’ness have that offer on the table for the lad from and EOS league club