The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’ve been saying it for months, as have others. This is how they operate. They managed to get away with finishing 5th in league One and didn’t even bother putting the match report up. There’s been a plethora of other things they just deny or ignore. They get away with it as all it takes is a win on a Saturday for things to blow over. I’ve seen several people even try to put a positive spin on the point we gained versus Peterhead! A few wins and we can go too but that doesn’t change how abysmal our club has been managed and the contempt our board has for its fans. 

I think sneaking through a lack of a match report pales into insignificance compared to the light of the National media being shined under their rock though tbh. It's almost inconceivable that they could be getting publicly, and loudly told by neutral parties the land over, that they have been totally out of line towards their fan/customer base and still just brass it out. We are in a different league here, they are getting a shelling from all angles. It can't just be brushed off as "keyboard warriors" anymore

Said it before but that PR "expert" should have told the FTV boys to "lose" that footage and blame technical difficulties. A few might have mumped and moaned, but nothing compared to the nationwide point and laugh situation that's developed. He is thus directly responsible for what's happened and if nothing else, his fellow board members should be hounding him out. 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can't believe* the clubs management** have been consistently rinsed on just about every mainstream media outlet that covers Scottish Football in a meaningful way, SPECIFICALLY about the way they have treated the fans of the club, and they haven't seen fit to offer up any sort of follow ups, clarifications or apologies. 

Publically, I don't think anything would be achieved by the club issuing an apologetic statement (not a question). I reckon very few people would accept it as being genuine. Least said, soonest mended, might be their thinking.

Privately, I hope Gary Deans has sought out Bryce Dixon and offered him a profound apology for the disgraceful way that he treated him at the Q&A.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Publically, I don't think anything would be achieved by the club issuing an apologetic statement (not a question). I reckon very few people would accept it as being genuine. Least said, soonest mended, might be their thinking.

Privately, I hope Gary Deans has sought out Bryce Dixon and offered him a profound apology for the disgraceful way that he treated him at the Q&A.

Maybe. Damage limitation is a big part of PR though... And right now its free hits at the club, as well as some pretty obvious on field issues,

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think sneaking through a lack of a match report pales into insignificance compared to the light of the National media being shined under their rock though tbh. It's almost inconceivable that they could be getting publicly, and loudly told by neutral parties the land over, that they have been totally out of line towards their fan/customer base and still just brass it out. We are in a different league here, they are getting a shelling from all angles. It can't just be brushed off as "keyboard warriors" anymore

Totally. It’s one of several things, small and large. All point towards their incompetency though. 

Leaving scouting reports at Peterhead, having another team announce your manager, asking people to apply for your management role, mistreating a fans campaign to bring something positive to the club, being forced to make a third strip. The list goes on. All are equally as embarrassing but ofcourse they don’t all get picked on. 

The Q and A has just shone a light on it but there was ample opportunity for us to be publicly embarrassed before then. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Said it before but that PR "expert" should have told the FTV boys to "lose" that footage and blame technical difficulties. A few might have mumped and moaned, but nothing compared to the nationwide point and laugh situation that's developed. He is thus directly responsible for what's happened and if nothing else, his fellow board members should be hounding him out. 

I’m glad it went it out. We need to see what they’re about and if it makes a laughing stock then so be it. Things need to change and fans need to start paying attention to it. 

Also as for the ‘PR’ guy, remember that the biggest embarrassment to the board wasn’t just an off the cuff remark in response to a question, it was in the opening statement. That was planned! They honestly thought it was good to start by having a go at fans. If that was planned then for that alone the PR guy, Gordon Colborn and anyone who signed off on it needs binned. 

I know the Ref from Today and he said Falkirk didn't want the game streamed as they were playing trialists, one of whom was Sinclair. Falkirk won 5-1,will try get more details from him. 

Edit: Seems was only 1 trialist

Edited by some_guy

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Raith and Ayr teams were full of punters from the lower leagues. Grant Anderson paddy boyle and the like including part timers.  Neither were enticing players from the championship on bigger wages and longer contracts. Livi were the same full of misfits and junior players. Patrick would still be in this league if we hadn't been so shite last season as by the time their players got to grips with things it should've been too late 

Eh? We went out and signed guys that have won this league before/stood out at this level. Lithgow/Buchanan/Byrne/Mullin/Cadden even then we went out and signed Liam Kelly in goals as well. Signed Jacobs and De Vita back as well, along with Todorov from Hearts.