The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

A club like ours needs someone to be hands on and connect with the fans and local businesses. I’m certain there’s fans out there who are a lot more capable than Phil Rawlins at turning the club around. We need to stop this big club infrastructure crap and concentrate on what matters, doing the best we can to put a winning team on the park and making the whole match day experience as good as it can be. 

Not sure I agree on the infrastructure. I would question the timing of it but we need to have that if we are ever going to properly come back. 

11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jaime Wilson not even on the bench for Elgin tonight. It's a right riddy if we've refused them permission to play him in case we need him at some point. 

Cove did the same with Ross Draper.

I think the appointment of Swinney was possibly required. He effectively is doing the job that KK was doing during the Covid shutdown, namely being in charge of nearly everything associated with the running of the non playing side. There needs to be someone there in charge and responsible for the day to day stuff. 

Where I do agree with CP, is in the football side. The budget here should be focussed on getting players in who can get us out of this division. We seem to be throwing away cash on DoF’s and others when it should be used by the Coach to bring in players of substantially higher quality than those Holt has spotted. At the moment it looks as though we have decided to go the cheap jersey filler route to ensuring we have a playing squad.

26 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

That’s what I thought, he’s been very quiet. Probably wondering what he let himself in for and engineering a move back to Stenny! 

Yeah. Noticeably less engagement than when he was at Stenny, so far.

Comparing what he did there to what he's doing now is unfair.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure I agree on the infrastructure. I would question the timing of it but we need to have that if we are ever going to properly come back. 

Yeh sorry I’m talking about the here and now. Think infrastructure is only good to talk about when you consolidate in the Premiership. Even then it’s a case of what do we mean by it. Effectively you are just putting people in place to run a club properly. The biggest thing is obviously the youth set up. All for getting that up and running but again it depends how much money the current set up takes away from the playing budget. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Rugster said:

Sorry, just something David McCracken said about 20 times in every interview. 

I didn’t bother listening to most of his interviews. If you had said Tommy Cooper then I might have got it or was he something like that? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Isn't that what Jamie Swinney has been brought in to do?

Yeh I guess so. Just depends how much sway he has. Certainly seemed like the big decisions are all coming from above as evidenced by his lack of input to the Q and A.

Still early yet but to have a title of CEO I would expect that person to be pretty much left to their own devices. I really don’t get the impression that will be the case for Jamie.

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

I think the appointment of Swinney was possibly required. He effectively is doing the job that KK was doing during the Covid shutdown, namely being in charge of nearly everything associated with the running of the non playing side. There needs to be someone there in charge and responsible for the day to day stuff. 

Where I do agree with CP, is in the football side. The budget here should be focussed on getting players in who can get us out of this division. We seem to be throwing away cash on DoF’s and others when it should be used by the Coach to bring in players of substantially higher quality than those Holt has spotted. At the moment it looks as though we have decided to go the cheap jersey filler route to ensuring we have a playing squad.

We still have comfortably the biggest budget in the league though so there is no excuse why we can't put the best side out every Saturday. We are simply looking at the wrong type of player . 

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

We still have comfortably the biggest budget in the league though so there is no excuse why we can't put the best side out every Saturday. We are simply looking at the wrong type of player . 

Not sure if our playing budget will be comfortably the biggest as Cove and Queens Park look like they have a few on decent wages. Agree that our recruitment has been poor though. 

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nothing new really. Tom English, Craig Levein Daryl broadfoot discussing the q and a. Said boards should be empathising with supporters and not ostracizing them like ours. Basically not impressed by the way they treated the fans.

I don't know if you listened to the entire thing Shadwell, but towards the end of the piece Broadfoot said "you know who I felt really sorry for? The two guys there with football experience, Gary Holt and Paul Sheerin. They know the game, know what you can and can't say etc etc, they looked embarassed etc".

Now either Broadfoot has only watched the clips with Deans and Colburn, or he has no issue with Holt talking to people like they are shite on his shoe. Either way, it seems that your esteemed Sporting Director/Director of Football/wage thief is going to get away (in parts of the media anyway) scot free. 

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but Ross draper might have a slim chance of playing for cove again. Wilson shouldn't be anywhere near our first team ever.

Fair point brother.