The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We were playing Peterhead who will easily finish in the bottom four, this is why we will be lucky to scrape into the play offs.

I think it will be another point at best on Saturday against another team who will be bottom four and the way things are going, we will also....very much a statement...not a qu......

I’m not saying it was great but I did see more than I have done for a wee while. If I had my choice right now I’d want a new manager but I’m not going to say I didn’t see improvement just because I want him gone. 

I do think we will get a wee run going in the next month or so but long term I don’t think he will do! 

The forthcoming match against Clyde is a must win game . If we can’t beat them on the back of their 3-0 and 5-0 defeats an exit from League 1 is still possible - but out through the bottom and certainly not promotion.  Even a draw would mean only 6 points gained out of the last 24. That’s relegation form in any league. But I remain hopeful the current abysmal situation can still be turned around. But this assumes a win on Saturday!

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’m not saying it was great but I did see more than I have done for a wee while. If I had my choice right now I’d want a new manager but I’m not going to say I didn’t see improvement just because I want him gone. 

I do think we will get a wee run going in the next month or so but long term I don’t think he will do! 

It was certainly better at the back but unfortunately we are going to have the same old issues up front till we employ a dof that can sign us a decent bloody striker.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jaime Wilson not even on the bench for Elgin tonight. It's a right riddy if we've refused them permission to play him in case we need him at some point. 

Or it could be they have realised already that he's fucking hopeless.  

29 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

If anyone at any point is getting bullied from Si Ferry they need to give up the game FFS.

"also what's with the fucking quotation marks"

That scouting report reads like when journos used to do match reports from Ceefax and hadn't seen the goals.

'Player X notched a brace in the first half then sub Y got in on the act'

No surprise that aspect of our operation is amateur hour too.

14 hours ago, basher brash said:

What was the script with Aiden Connelly at Falkirk was he punted due to his poor fitness / injuries was he offered a new contract ? Because he has been brilliant at the Rovers scoring some excellent goals and probably does the most running in our squad during 90 mins a bit like the Aiden we had previously under Ray McKinnon. A few also mentioning McManus he was absolute dug meat with the Pars in the games I seen versus us it’s like he’s went back the way from the player that played with Falkirk in the 1st division maybe a bullet dodged there especially if you were offering good wages who knows.

Connolly was my favourite player since McManus left. I thought he was really creative and had a lot of ability for this level. No surprise he looks good a division up. 

54 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jaime Wilson not even on the bench for Elgin tonight. It's a right riddy if we've refused them permission to play him in case we need him at some point. 

May have misheard but I'm sure it said no loan players at all in the Elgin squad for tonight 

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

missed it SD. care to expand? who speaking? what said?

Nothing new really. Tom English, Craig Levein Daryl broadfoot discussing the q and a. Said boards should be empathising with supporters and not ostracizing them like ours. Basically not impressed by the way they treated the fans.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

That scouting report reads like when journos used to do match reports from Ceefax and hadn't seen the goals.

'Player X notched a brace in the first half then sub Y got in on the act'

No surprise that aspect of our operation is amateur hour too.

We haven’t even produced the results of the ‘Bairns Bonus draw’(the old 50/50 which has been vastly improved/changed name). Stuff like that should surely just be par for the course. Drawn and announced the same day. Honestly with the Americans(I know one is English) taking over I expected noticeable improvements on all fronts. It really has got worse. Phil Rawlins to me is now no more than a suave salesman. Maybe an up market George Craig who likewise has convinced the footballing world he’s some sort of messiah and made a reputation off the back of others successes. We deserve better. 

42 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Honestly with the Americans(I know one is English) taking over I expected noticeable improvements on all fronts. It really has got worse. Phil Rawlins to me is now no more than a suave salesman.

The correct expectation with Americans getting involved is:

Prices up

Quality down

Revenue up

Fan involvement more expensive, but possibly feels better

Guest Caractacus Potts
14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The correct expectation with Americans getting involved is:

Prices up

Quality down

Revenue up

Fan involvement more expensive, but possibly feels better

A club like ours needs someone to be hands on and connect with the fans and local businesses. I’m certain there’s fans out there who are a lot more capable than Phil Rawlins at turning the club around. We need to stop this big club infrastructure crap and concentrate on what matters, doing the best we can to put a winning team on the park and making the whole match day experience as good as it can be. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts