The Falkirk FC Thread

As we’re playing them in a couple of weeks, I took a look at the highlights of yesterday’s match between Alloa and QP.

What a game!!

Alloa look a very good side.

But the highlight or lowlight is the commentatating duo.

One guy can’t stop giggling during the whole game.
They are just so irritating.

Anyway, if you’ve a spare 9 minutes, definitely worth a look if just for the laugh.

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

As we’re playing them in a couple of weeks, I took a look at the highlights of yesterday’s match between Alloa and QP.

What a game!!

Anyway, if you’ve a spare 9 minutes, definitely worth a look if just for the laugh.

They have players like Henderson who can score goals. A choice between taking him on loan or Ruth and I'd have taken him any day.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What a game!!

We made that big haddie Mendy look like van dyke when we played alloa. Shown up big style yesterday. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

This is one of the pages apparently. Not exactly groundbreaking stuff but Tbf I don’t know how these reports usually look

99FC892A-8D0F-4A43-8887-01C7E5017F14.png

Other than knowing what foot they kick with what do you actually do with that information? Spend all night trying to come up with decent come backs to shut up Si Ferry? Wear ear plugs?

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Unfamiliar with scouting reports but do they always focus on the opponents' strengths instead of weaknesses?

My thought too. Good example being Leon McCann - he was regularly very good against us and don’t think we once targeted him. Every other team in the league seem to know you can shell balls up to him and he’ll either be 10 yards out of position or will lose the header. We didn’t seem to know that though. 

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Other than knowing what foot they kick with what do you actually do with that information? Spend all night trying to come up with decent come backs to shut up Si Ferry? Wear ear plugs?

No need to bring religion into it mate.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Decent player in his first season although he only managed 19 league starts  but only managed 6 appearances in his second.  To me he's one of these players who will only take the field when completely 100 percent fit whilst others will play with the odd knock . That was kind of alluded to in interviews with the management last season who seemed to be getting less and less convinced by his injury claims keeping him out. 

Something’s either clicked in him or JMcG is getting what M&M couldn’t out of him. Excellent play rate, very good crosser and set play man, showed a beautiful finishing touch versus ICT this weekend. The one thing I’ve noticed is, while he’s very high motor, he frequency runs out of gas at the 70’ mark, otherwise a brilliant signing for whatever reason. Been playing a right wing with a big overlap with right fullback and a single CF. No sign of any injury claims either…

On the whole suggests he was unhappy at FFC, which as you have all seen recently can drag even a good player into the weeds. Given the relative malaise has continued since Ray, it does suggest the rot is deeper than the actual coaches, at least in the players perceptions. Which of the lovely speakers at the Q&A have regular contact or direct communications with players? Which of the other “club leaders” are also poisoning the well? I thought the toss the lot talk was a bit overboard last year, but it looks like you’ll  were absolutely right.

Guest Ecosse83

Frustrating that we never won on Saturday but we probably should have won comfortably. Jury obviously still very much out about Sheerin but I get a gut feeling we might be about to go on a wee run now starting at Clyde on Saturday. 

19 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Frustrating that we never won on Saturday but we probably should have won comfortably. Jury obviously still very much out about Sheerin but I get a gut feeling we might be about to go on a wee run now starting at Clyde on Saturday. 

Bit early in the week to be smoking crack isn't it?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Something’s either clicked in him or JMcG is getting what M&M couldn’t out of him. Excellent play rate, very good crosser and set play man, showed a beautiful finishing touch versus ICT this weekend. The one thing I’ve noticed is, while he’s very high motor, he frequency runs out of gas at the 70’ mark, otherwise a brilliant signing for whatever reason. Been playing a right wing with a big overlap with right fullback and a single CF. No sign of any injury claims either…

On the whole suggests he was unhappy at FFC, which as you have all seen recently can drag even a good player into the weeds. Given the relative malaise has continued since Ray, it does suggest the rot is deeper than the actual coaches, at least in the players perceptions. Which of the lovely speakers at the Q&A have regular contact or direct communications with players? Which of the other “club leaders” are also poisoning the well? I thought the toss the lot talk was a bit overboard last year, but it looks like you’ll  were absolutely right.

He was decent when he played he just was never fit enough to play or never passed himself fit in his second season. Seems to have been a common trait in his career. The 19 games he started for us in his first season here is the most he's started in any one season so far which is pretty poor in a career that is now 10 years old.  So far so good at Raith he seems to be staying fit and firing on all cylinders so far.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Ecosse83
39 minutes ago, joozy said:

Bit early in the week to be smoking crack isn't it?

Not at all you should try it 😂

I did actually see more on Saturday that gave me some hope. The midfield supported the attacks a lot more so that was a positive. 

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Not at all you should try it 😂

I did actually see more on Saturday that gave me some hope. The midfield supported the attacks a lot more so that was a positive. 

We were playing Peterhead who will easily finish in the bottom four, this is why we will be lucky to scrape into the play offs.

I think it will be another point at best on Saturday against another team who will be bottom four and the way things are going, we will also....very much a statement...not a qu......