The Falkirk FC Thread

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but the board are going to need Houdini to get them out of this one even the media are on their case to the extent where they are getting torn a new ar*ehole:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/how-falkirks-board-managed-to-do-the-unthinkable-and-disrespect-their-supporters-to-the-extent-it-annoyed-rival-fans-3430251

How Falkirk's board managed to do the unthinkable and disrespect their supporters to the extent it annoyed rival fans

Anyone still wishing to understand the growing enthusiasm of fan ownership in Scottish football should look no further than the Falkirk TV channel on YouTube and the video uploaded Thursday, entitled: ‘Falkirk FC Board & Management Q&A.’

Over a course of 104 minutes, the club’s hierarchy manage to appear condescending, arrogantly flippant, evasive, embarrassing and utterly clueless when faced with the people they are there to serve.
The worst thing you can do is pin any sort of blame for poor performances and underachievement on supporters. Nothing good can ever come from it. We all know this. These people are the lifeblood of the club. These are the people who sustain it. And that is particularly pertinent for Falkirk, who are in their third season of League One football and still getting average attendance figures that a few Premiership teams would be satisfied with.But of course no 

So what possessed director Gordon Colborn – within the first ten minutes, we should add – to accuse the fans of being too negative towards the team to the point where players were scared to express themselves is anybody’s guess. ‘How shall we get this Q&A off on the right foot? I know, let’s alienate the majority of the room. That should do the trick!’ The fans were regularly asked for patience. Their team has been dreadful for FIVE YEARS! Surely that is more than enough?

Colborn was far from the only one who didn’t cover himself in glory. Chairman Gary Deans further infuriated those in attendance when he responded to a well-researched, well-articulated argument from a fan into the failings of his tenure with: “That’s a statement, not a question.” While being rudely pedantic, it was also laughably inaccurate as the supporter did indeed finish his monologue by asking: “At what stage do we get to where there is serious change happening?”

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The biggest handicap for the COVID ended season was Ray. Without his seeming determination to play for draws away, Falkirk might well have been above Raith when it all shut down.

Next season it was M&M and their inability to properly manage added to McManus departing.

This season, surely the team could be better with competent management? Yes, as you all point out, recruitment has been, at best, questionable for a while, but management of the team has been an utter car wreck through that period. Is any Falkirk fan convinced that adding a proven 20-goal scorer would work under the current manager? Plenty of teams share goals around and win more than they lose, the key is competent management, at all levels. What I’d give to have been a fly on the wall for the first few meetings between the “leadership” after that Q&A fiasco and their utter decimation on social media.

Was m and m that set us up for a draw at your place. Once we went a goal behind and went for it we scored but then were too late to get a result.  That cost us as did the defeat at Clyde a fortnight before the season shutdown.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was m and m that set us up for a draw at your place. Once we went a goal behind and went for it we scored but then were too late to get a result.  That cost us as did the defeat at Clyde a fortnight before the season shutdown.

Yep ...that was the start of M&M's downfall. You could see the negativity of the team in that match. The rest of their tenure was typical of this attitude.... play not to lose away and hope for a win at home. you could tell by the east Fife game before lock down that it was all falling apart.

Guest Caractacus Potts

What I’d say too for anyone that suggests the positives of our draw with Peterhead. Yes we created a lot but this Peterhead team are dreadful and we’ve just came off a bad week for the club. Passions should be high and there will be extra motivation to go out and deliver. We still only drew. 

1 minute ago, 1876 ffc said:

This is unacceptable. The Q & A has gone viral but no comment from the board.

bombard the club with emails demanding that the two Garys are removed.

Thats a statement not a question..lol

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

This is unacceptable. The Q & A has gone viral but no comment from the board.

bombard the club with emails demanding that the two Garys are removed.

Get rid of the full board. It’s clear that the attitude in there is contagious. I’d even happily get shot of the Rawlins. Really not seeing what they’re adding. Our club still looks amateurish from all angles and is getting worse. All they’ve done is fill the staff with mid level managers with big titles. 

What was the script with Aiden Connelly at Falkirk was he punted due to his poor fitness / injuries was he offered a new contract ? Because he has been brilliant at the Rovers scoring some excellent goals and probably does the most running in our squad during 90 mins a bit like the Aiden we had previously under Ray McKinnon. A few also mentioning McManus he was absolute dug meat with the Pars in the games I seen versus us it’s like he’s went back the way from the player that played with Falkirk in the 1st division maybe a bullet dodged there especially if you were offering good wages who knows.

39 minutes ago, basher brash said:

What was the script with Aiden Connelly at Falkirk was he punted due to his poor fitness / injuries was he offered a new contract ? Because he has been brilliant at the Rovers scoring some excellent goals and probably does the most running in our squad during 90 mins a bit like the Aiden we had previously under Ray McKinnon. A few also mentioning McManus he was absolute dug meat with the Pars in the games I seen versus us it’s like he’s went back the way from the player that played with Falkirk in the 1st division maybe a bullet dodged there especially if you were offering good wages who knows.

Connolly was offered a deal IIRC but chose to leave. I think he fell out with M&M in some way, which accounted for some of his never ending "injuries"

McManus seems to be scoring plenty for TNS so don't know what you mean there.

Connelly barely completed a 90 minute game for us last season, had been decent prior to that but was surprised a team who finished second in the Championship signed him. Injuries/fitness seemed to be an issue.

McManus was brilliant for us but there’s always been the question whether he can make the leap from League One to the Championship. Seems to be doing well in the Welsh league but I’ve no idea what level that is in comparison to Scotland. Pretty sure most fans would take him back if the option was there.

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I see we continue to ooze professionalism - good thing we don’t “act like a league 1 club”

😂😂😂😂

Irritatingly, this is the stuff that I do get really annoyed about! 😡

This is an organisational failing from the back office to whomever left the report in the stand. It's careless and easily rectified by having proper document classification and processes in place to avoid this.

Although in mitigation, perhaps scouting reports aren't as sensitive documents as we fans think they are and this isn't the big deal it would appear to be.

My view is It's just another example of football masquerading as "business" and I shake my head 😒

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Decent player in his first season although he only managed 19 league starts  but only managed 6 appearances in his second.  To me he's one of these players who will only take the field when completely 100 percent fit whilst others will play with the odd knock . That was kind of alluded to in interviews with the management last season who seemed to be getting less and less convinced by his injury claims keeping him out. 

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Irritatingly, this is the stuff that I do get really annoyed about! 😡

This is an organisational failing from the back office to whomever left the report in the stand. It's careless and easily rectified by having proper document classification and processes in place to avoid this.

Although in mitigation, perhaps scouting reports aren't as sensitive documents as we fans think they are and this isn't the big deal it would appear to be.

My view is It's just another example of football masquerading as "business" and I shake my head 😒

If it couldn't get any worse the contents have now been released online. 

istockphoto-610580068-612x612.jpg

Regarding McManus, he was great in his first spell with us, playing alongside Nicky Clark and running into channels.

His 2nd spell, Crawford decided he was a target man (which he certainly is not) and spent his time on the ground claiming he'd been fouled, or just giving the ball away.

If played correctly, he's more than capable at Championship level.