The Falkirk FC Thread

The Falkirk Herald doing their bit for the cause, churning out two articles on a "much improved/positive performance". Sheerin is also "pleased", seeing it as a "good start... to turn around our form".

A 0-0 draw with Peterhead.

We are exactly where we deserve to be.

8 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

The Falkirk Herald doing their bit for the cause, churning out two articles on a "much improved/positive performance". Sheerin is also "pleased", seeing it as a "good start... to turn around our form".

A 0-0 draw with Peterhead.

We are exactly where we deserve to be.

The spectre of him crowing about a 0-0 draw at Peterhead is as predictable as it is nauseating. He truly is the perfect fit for the No Expectations culture that infests both the club and a significant section of the support. 

Don’t think I’ll ever get used to how low the bar is set these days. As things stand this is going to be an absolute slog of a season. We’re miles off it. 

The spectre of him crowing about a 0-0 draw at Peterhead is as predictable as it is nauseating. He truly is the perfect fit for the No Expectations culture that infests both the club and a significant section of the support. 

Don’t think I’ll ever get used to how low the bar is set these days. As things stand this is going to be an absolute slog of a season. We’re miles off it. 

Aye as expected his interview is a lot of utter shite. If that is genuinely going to be classed as an acceptable performance then we’re as well just folding the now.

The fact that he even mentioned Hetherington and Miller for any sort of praise has me seething.

Sheerins interview the usual trying to take something from a result that would've been unacceptable a few years ago.  How do we start taking our chances well sign a bloody decent striker would be a start.

Starting with your best striker rather than some young jobber would probably help as well tbh.

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

On the positive side I see Peterhead's twitter account is ripping Deans. More please. Make him even more of a laughing stock.

Our esteemed chairman is being openly ridiculed by clubs and fans across the country 💪🏼  Surely there is no way back.

Also surely the club have to back him or sack him?? They can’t just sit in silence as our “leader” has the pish ripped out him can they?

Deans Out. Holt Out. Colborn Out. 

On 17/07/2021 at 23:33, bairn88 said:

Spot on. Key positions more important than many think. All well and good having an adequate CDM and LB. That isn’t enough. We do not have GK CB or striker sorted. Key positions. Imo it’s embarrasing Holt hasn’t realised this and we’ll be found wanting big time this season. Would love to be proved wrong 

BPM and I called it from the start.

Some okay midfield players but Dixon the only borderline adequate Centre back and no strikers. Ah well, 50k a year wasn’t troubled so what do we know. 

6 minutes ago, joozy said:

Oh it's a total reddy for us right enough.

The thing is, I've seen there's worse to come off the back of this.  Can't post it myself (as just seen on the screen of other folk's phones) but boards members have been sending abusive messages to supporters post the Q&A last week.  Absolutely outrageous stuff - it seems like the lesson they've learned from the last week is that fans are getting too uppity! 

Gonna get worse before it gets better everybody.

Incredible if true.  What a shambles.

23 minutes ago, joozy said:

Oh it's a total reddy for us right enough.

The thing is, I've seen there's worse to come off the back of this.  Can't post it myself (as just seen on the screen of other folk's phones) but boards members have been sending abusive messages to supporters post the Q&A last week.  Absolutely outrageous stuff - it seems like the lesson they've learned from the last week is that fans are getting too uppity! 

Gonna get worse before it gets better everybody.

Surely even that lot cannot possibly be so stupid.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Starting with your best striker rather than some young jobber would probably help as well tbh.

Keena did absolutely nothing when he came on other than put a good chance wide. He did nothing last week other than give the ball away.

Ruth (while absolutely not good enough to lead the line) at least would have scored a couple were it not for the heroics of the Peterhead goalkeeper.

I don’t know what it is with some of our fans seeing players who are frankly rubbish as saviours. It was Kevin O’Hara a few years ago, then David Mitchell, Tommy Robson and now Aidan Keena for some reason.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

I didn’t want to speak about the game since I wasn’t there but going by the highlights (granted they are only a few minutes long) but at least we created a good few chances. Sheerin can’t do anymore than that. He can’t go on the pitch and score them for the players. Where he, and mainly Gary Holt, can do is recruit better but at the moment we have to work with what we have. I followed the game on Twitter and we should have won that game. Defensively we seemed a bit better too. 

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

The message I got from the Q&A (other than all the cringey stuff) was that the BOD were not that bothered about getting promoted this season as it was all about the long term project.

I could back this if there was any signs of progress and we were actually in the Championship. 

Being in League One is a disaster for Falkirk, financially (for the club) & mentally (for the fans) . Get us out by any means that's your immediate job, then start your long term project.    

Guest Back Post Misses

One thing is for sure Ben Hall, yes Ben Hall, is miles better than Brad McKay. That is how bad McKay is.
I am not having the recruitment is better. It isn’t. You can have all the fancy Dan spreadsheets and technology but it will never beat good contacts and someone with an eye for a player especially at this level. 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

One thing is for sure Ben Hall, yes Ben Hall, is miles better than Brad McKay. That is how bad McKay is.
I am not having the recruitment is better. It isn’t. You can have all the fancy Dan spreadsheets and technology but it will never beat good contacts and someone with an eye for a player especially at this level. 

That's why I'm furious at McFarlane and his nonsense. 

Recruitment is absolutely not better. This squad isn't better than M and M's which was also brutal.

6 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Keena did absolutely nothing when he came on other than put a good chance wide. He did nothing last week other than give the ball away.

Ruth (while absolutely not good enough to lead the line) at least would have scored a couple were it not for the heroics of the Peterhead goalkeeper.

I don’t know what it is with some of our fans seeing players who are frankly rubbish as saviours. It was Kevin O’Hara a few years ago, then David Mitchell, Tommy Robson and now Aidan Keena for some reason.

Agree with this. It shows how low we've sunk that Keena, who wouldn't have been allowed to hold the half time oranges 5 years ago, was being feted. He's terrible.