The Falkirk FC Thread

Jim McInally. Jesus wept. I remember him getting red carded about 4 or 5 times when he was shire manager. Was hopeless there despite them having a barrowload of cash at the time.  Was pretty brutal at Morton too. He's yo-yoed up and down with Peterhead despite being decently backed at times. Not for me.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Blue Toon Renegade has just appeared from nowhere to apparently gloat at Falkirks troubles. Would say the only connection he may have to Peterhead is he looks to be a good fisherman & will be happy with the bites he has surprisingly got. Think he may be more used to dipping his hook in Fife or maybe the Forth rather than the North Sea

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What are you on about? Sheerin had success with his initial playing for a short while before teams worked him out nothing to do with the fans forcing him to change it. He's had to change it as we weren't getting results simple as that.  We all know about the striking situation and that's one reason we want Holt out .  We all know that we need a change of tact. You need to battle and play good football. Teams like QoS, Dunfermline and Livingston manage that and won the league by a country mile. 

Think you misread what I said, I agreed Sheerin had you playing well don't think teams worked it out think it was a case of pressure to bring certain players in especially the loan ones and none of them improved your team in fact it has made your team worse. No fight and no heart but the ones who were criticised at the start of the season would have burst a gut for your team and would certainly not rolled over like some of these premadonnas who you now have. The teams you mentioned played football but also knew how to stick the boot in when they had to so it's not just football that will get you out this league.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye, spot on, but you can apply this to any level. Look at Italy in the summer. Great teams and even most great players all have a nasty streak. 

Aye the best sides have guys that can play and mix it. Players like Davie Nicholas for instance.  Quality player who never shirked a tackle. Instead we've got dross like hetherington who can't play football or tackle.

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Blue Toon Renegade has just appeared from nowhere to apparently gloat at Falkirks troubles. Would say the only connection he may have to Peterhead is he looks to be a good fisherman & will be happy with the bites he has surprisingly got. Think he may be more used to dipping his hook in Fife or maybe the Forth rather than the North Sea

Thing is, he's not telling us anything 99.9% of Falkirk fans don't know anyway. The delusions of grandeur days have well and  truly gone with this mob at the helm.

Aye the best sides have guys that can play and mix it. Players like Davie Nicholas for instance.  Quality player who never shirked a tackle. Instead we've got dross like hetherington who can't play football or tackle.

I’d take Davie Nic the now over Hetherington btw.

12 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

Think you misread what I said, I agreed Sheerin had you playing well don't think teams worked it out think it was a case of pressure to bring certain players in especially the loan ones and none of them improved your team in fact it has made your team worse. No fight and no heart but the ones who were criticised at the start of the season would have burst a gut for your team and would certainly not rolled over like some of these premadonnas who you now have. The teams you mentioned played football but also knew how to stick the boot in when they had to so it's not just football that will get you out this league.

Pressure to bring in loan players ?😂😂😂 What a load of tosh. It's the same players in the main week in week out.  Ruth and Mcdaid are loan players getting playerd by sheerin . Mcdaid was brought in when Morrison was injured and Ruth because of our striker woes you mentioned. Not sure how they are replacing others that bust a gut.There is certainly no pressure from fans to play them.  Can you tell me a player that was criticised at the start of the season who would bust a gut for us now please and has been replaced by a loan player? Your also not reading my posts as I said you need to be able to battle and play football like the sides I mentioned.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Another game that goes in the bracket of we were better than them but not good enough and I heard too many people saying “it was better.” It may well have been better than the dug shit served up recently but ultimately it’s another 2 points dropped and the gap gets bigger  

We called it weeks ago…our season hinged on signing a goal scorer. If Declan McManus (or similar) was playing today he scores and we win. Likewise QP and Cove would both have picked up 3 points due to having half decent strikers.

We don’t have enough fire power and it’s now a long way back.

11 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Another game that goes in the bracket of we were better than them but not good enough and I heard too many people saying “it was better.” It may well have been better than the dug shit served up recently but ultimately it’s another 2 points dropped and the gap gets bigger  

We called it weeks ago…our season hinged on signing a goal scorer. If Declan McManus (or similar) was playing today he scores and we win. Likewise QP and Cove would both have picked up 3 points due to having half decent strikers.

We don’t have enough fire power and it’s now a long way back.

Spot on. Holt couldn't get the players in so time up move on and get someone in who can.

Davie Nic actually a shining example of what I have been on about btw for whoever brought him up. One of the best midfielders in the league, but no team could turn up and expect to bully him out of the game. He knew he might have to brawl his way through it and he could. 

Davie Nic actually a shining example of what I have been on about btw for whoever brought him up. One of the best midfielders in the league, but no team could turn up and expect to bully him out of the game. He knew he might have to brawl his way through it and he could. 

Aye I’d give my right baw for a Davie Nic or Scott MacKenzie type in midfield the now.

Seven hour round trip for a nil, nil in Peterhead...... 

Can't fault the squad nor manager for effort and desire. You could see a hunger from last week. That's to be commended. 

Problem is its blatantly obvious if that's their best, they aren't good enough. We genuinely will struggle to make the play offs. I don't see an improvement on last year and I'm wondering just how you can make a meal out of league one for three years on a row with our budget. The standard of football is shockingly bad. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Exactly.  

3 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Can't fault the squad nor manager for effort and desire. You could see a hunger from last week. That's to be commended. 

Problem is its blatantly obvious if that's their best, they aren't good enough. We genuinely will struggle to make the play offs. I don't see an improvement on last year and I'm wondering just how you can make a meal out of league one for three years on a row with our budget. The standard of football is shockingly bad. 

The fact that Scott mercer has as many league goals this season as our top scoring striker says it all.

I think you can 100% fault the management for the way we set up, tactics, team selection and substitutions. All of which contributed to the dismal performance.

Our squad is shite of that there’s absolutely no question. However when Sheerin continually picks under performing players, a formation that hasn’t been working and baffling substitutions then it’s no wonder we’ve got 1 win in 7 league games.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

I think you can 100% fault the management for the way we set up, tactics, team selection and substitutions. All of which contributed to the dismal performance.

Our squad is shite of that there’s absolutely no question. However when Sheerin continually picks under performing players, a formation that hasn’t been working and baffling substitutions then it’s no wonder we’ve got 1 win in 7 league games.

He picks hetherington. Nuff said.

The facts are now extremely clear to see, ultimately in every department it’s just not good enough… and our league position is a very fair reflection of what we are and will continue to be… unless there is change. 

The conversation should now be focussed on how we can make positive change at the club cause we all know what’s coming if nothing happens.