The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

so did mackin and Welsh. someone called stainrod scored for East Kilbride, could it be gods son? 

on the result today that's just 4 wins from 11 games. by tomorrow night that could put us 8 points adrift. at this rate we could finish up about 30 points adrift by season end

5 points from the last 21 I make it. Fucking atrocious. 

Sheerin Out 

It is perhaps the first time Paul Sheerin has delivered on what he hoped to achieve. He wanted us to concede less (technically, “be more stuffy”) so mission accomplished there. He also said that would involve sacrificing some of our dynamite attacking prowess (so a bit less firepower than last week when we scored no goals). 
Obviously there currently exists no way to score minus goals, so we had to settle for scoring no goals again (but no need to worry as we created lots of chances).

Is this progress? Is this a corner turned? Or do we need to be more patient? (Three questions at the end there.) Everything before that could be considered a comment, or a statement).

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s surely getting close to that. Appointing him as manager has been an appalling decision.

Steady. That was Gary Deans’ first coaching appointment. Did you get things right the first time you appointed a coach?

Edited by Duncan Freemason

I actually thought we deserved to win that despite not playing well- Brett Long made a couple of fantastic saves.

Ultimately though 1 win in 7(8 if you include the Kilmarnock game) is totally unacceptable for Falkirk Football Club in the third tier of Scottish football.

We could well be 8 points adrift by this time tomorrow and the aim then surely turns to securing a play off position. Which is far from guaranteed as we’re now just as close to the relegation play off as the promotion one!

Surely Sheerin has to go but I don’t think we have the quality in the squad to push for much higher than 4th even with a change.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

We were really shite again. Missed 2 great chances in the second half first McDaid then Ruth both blasting it right at the ‘keeper when they should have easily scored. Performance wise it was still nowhere close to being good enough and I couldn’t pick out anyone that came close to pass marks for us.

Having only read the Falkirk thread since the start of the season can I just say I have read things that make me think you and your team get what they deserve, I have read players being called C***S, Dug Shite plus the way some of you talk about other teams well get used to it cause Falkirk are just one of they teams. You are now a First Division team and at best a lower half of the Championship team, we know where our team are and acept we will never be a premier league team but get used to it neither will Falkirk. Look at your team at the start of the season with all the so called "Jobbers" in it they had a better work ethic and better results playing Sheerins tactics than all the dross that has been brought in under supporter pressure. All I can say is C'mon the Blue Toon 👍

2 minutes ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

Having only read the Falkirk thread since the start of the season can I just say I have read things that make me think you and your team get what they deserve, I have read players being called C***S, Dug Shite plus the way some of you talk about other teams well get used to it cause Falkirk are just one of they teams. You are now a First Division team and at best a lower half of the Championship team, we know where our team are and acept we will never be a premier league team but get used to it neither will Falkirk. Look at your team at the start of the season with all the so called "Jobbers" in it they had a better work ethic and better results playing Sheerins tactics than all the dross that has been brought in under supporter pressure. All I can say is C'mon the Blue Toon 👍

shut it gimp

1 minute ago, Blue Toon Renegade said:

^Dug shite c**t

Guest Back Post Misses

I watched the game on Peterhead TV. 
We were in control the whole game. Missed a stack of chances again and their keeper had a stormer. 
We are absolutely atrocious up front and with every passing sitter we missed we looked less and less likely to score. 

Some of the statistics under Sheerin - beyond the four wins in eleven league games, a sacking offence in itself -make for pretty horrendous reading. We haven’t scored a first half goal in any league game since Keena at Airdrie on 14th August. We haven’t led in a league game at any point - not for a single second - since Clyde at home on 21st August. Awful stuff, truly pathetic. 

Would defeat at Broadwood be enough to see the back of him? Probably not. M&M and McKinnon were emptied for less. Other than the clowns destroying our club there cannot be anyone who truly believes he is going to get us promotion this season. 

We've probably been looking at strikers since the Q&A and have targets as well as finance lined up.

Until 16:45 today, when the focus will switch to pulling out all the stops to signing the Peterhead keeper (after all, we can recall Jaime Wilson to bail us out)

Just an idea of what those in charge are thinking ;)