The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I get that but who are the "right" people. Again, like the players argument, it's subjective and you won't please everyone. 

I used to call for Yogi to return whenever we changed managers but others in our support can't stand him, even now so the BOD can't win. 

Go back to Hartley and his scout - That wasn't right.

McKinnon and his Morton speed dial - That wasn't right.

M&M/Lex Millar player bingo - That wasn't right.

Who knows if Holt's approach is right - not me but it seems the most thought out it's been for a long while.

We need a clear out. New board entirely, Rawlins apart. Deans is still a left over from the old board and him hanging about after the clubs worst season in 40 odd years because his pals on the new board told him to was ludicrous.  Football is all about RECRUITMENT and that's where we fall down season after season after season. Let's not forget getting out of this league should actually be the easy bit of the project given our advantage in resources and facilities.  Higher up the tree we won't have those advantages or they will certainly be reduced and yet we are making a complete pig's ear of the easily achievable part.  If we can't get this part right how the feck are we ever going to be successful when it gets far trickier.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We need a clear out. New board entirely, Rawlins apart. Deans is still a left over from the old board and him hanging about after the clubs worst season in 40 odd years because his pals on the new board told him to was ludicrous.  Football is all about RECRUITMENT and that's where we fall down season after season after season. Let's not forget getting out of this league should actually be the easy bit of the project given our advantage in resources and facilities.  Higher up the tree we won't have those advantages or they will certainly be reduced and yet we are making a complete pig's ear of the easily achievable part.  If we can't get this part right how the feck are we ever going to be successful when it gets far trickier.

What we need is a Brown at St Johnstone Falkirk Bairn clone.

Hard nosed business owner who takes the plaudits and the flak.

Appoints people with the skill sets to run the business.

The last time we had that was Moffat & Allen and its no coincidence our revival from a decade of decline happened under their stewardship. 

Seriously would you work, trust, respect any of that mob if they were your boss ?

Right in one - Naw !

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The last time we had that was Moffat & Allen and its no coincidence our revival from a decade of decline happened under their stewardship. 

Seriously would you work, trust, respect any of that mob if they were your boss ?

Right in one - Naw !

Anyone seeing that q and a is going to say well that's one place I won't be going to if I'm looking for a job certainly not whilst those clowns are running the club. Think it's okay to slag off current and past employees not for me.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Anyone seeing that q and a is going to say well that's one place I won't be going to if I'm looking for a job certainly not whilst those clowns are running the club. Think it's okay to slag off current and past employees not for me.

Understand the BOD have threatened some fans with legal action for derogatory remarks!

Just brought myself round to watching it and Colburn goes on about people being held accountable for their ability to deliver where the f**K was the accountability for last season.

So we as fans are accountable for our behaviour and other peoples behaviour, but those responsible for  our decline have not been held accountable they are still calling the decisions and still f**king it up.

I don't think anyone is condoning any threatening behaviour against members of the club, but by f**k they are giving some justification for  it.  I have never heard so much patronising sh*te and was pretty much a case of look what i have done.  He said himself he cant do it alone to make a change so he brought in others to help but the issue is those that have brought in don't see things that are so blatantly obvious to the supporter as they are no longer one of us plebs that sit in the main. south or north stands.

I still have faith in Sheerin but i think the problem lies within Holt and the take your pick out of Deans and/or Colburn.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Right in one - Naw !

Wouldn't want Brown either. His fan communications are really poor too. Has them run well but I'd have the exact same problems with him as I do with our current mob. 

49 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Just brought myself round to watching it and Colburn goes on about people being held accountable for their ability to deliver where the f**K was the accountability for last season.

So we as fans are accountable for our behaviour and other peoples behaviour, but those responsible for  our decline have not been held accountable they are still calling the decisions and still f**king it up.

I don't think anyone is condoning any threatening behaviour against members of the club, but by f**k they are giving some justification for  it.  I have never heard so much patronising sh*te and was pretty much a case of look what i have done.  He said himself he cant do it alone to make a change so he brought in others to help but the issue is those that have brought in don't see things that are so blatantly obvious to the supporter as they are no longer one of us plebs that sit in the main. south or north stands.

I still have faith in Sheerin but i think the problem lies within Holt and the take your pick out of Deans and/or Colburn.

IMO the mistake the board continually repeats is aligning themselves with the club management too much . Ever Q& A the manager and and his staff are present .The board should be trying to side with the fans , understand their frustration and listen to  the collective viewpoint . At present that collective seems to want Holt out, and colborn and or Deans to resign. ( they would do well to heed this or the divide will widen) Continually defending their position and that of the managerial staff creates an us and them narrative which is toxic in this situation. I’m not suggesting the board take on board every suggestion but listening to the clubs “real stakeholders “ and seeing themselves as others see them would foster an environment where we can all move forward together. At present this seems very unlikely so for once they should put the club success above their own and act for the good of all bairns.

21 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Scott Mercer and Robbie Leitch score this weekend again… slightly pleasing tbh. 

so did mackin, leahy and Welsh. someone called stainrod scored for East Kilbride, could it be gods son? 

on the result today that's just 4 wins from 11 games. by tomorrow night that could put us 8 points adrift. at this rate we could finish up about 30 points adrift by season end

Edited by bridge of allan bairn
addition