The Falkirk FC Thread

I find it really strange that we are now 3 days after the car crash Q&A and still no comment from the club.

If the club want to bridge the divide between themselves and the fans It's clear that an apology is required and that heads need to roll.

I've banged on about how abysmally the BoD treated the CI Guys. Those that questioned my original posts, hopefully now understand why I was so vocal regarding their attitude towards the fans and can now see for themselves what the CI were dealing with.  

The only way forwards is for the governance model at the club to change. I hope that the "new" FSS (and maybe others ....NB Mk2?) can play an important role onto bringing the fans back onside. 

If the status quo remains, the club will go Down , down, deeper and down (quite liked that !) . 

Edited by Zbairn

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

I find it really strange that we are now 3 days after the car crash Q&A and still no comment from the club.

If the club want to bridge the divide between themselves and the fans It's clear that an apology is required and that heads need to roll.

I've banged on about how abysmally the BoD treated the CI Guys. Those that questioned my original posts, hopefully now understand why I was so vocal regarding their attitude towards the fans and can now see for themselves what the CI were dealing with.  

The only way forwards is for the governance model at the club to change. I hope that the "new" FSS (and maybe others ....NB Mk2?) can play an important role onto bringing the fans back onside. 

If the status quo remains, the club will go Down , down, deeper and down (quite liked that !) . 

I like it, I like it, I la la la like it 😂

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

And unlike that footnote, the last thing we need is the Status Quo! 

I’m sitting here In My Chair thinking There’s Something ‘bout You Baby I like and You can say Whatever You Want, I just hope They Don’t Waste My Time today and Roll Over Lay Down against Peterhead. If they keep playing crap Again and Again we really will be going Down The Dustpipe.

Too much? 😋

4 hours ago, Zbairn said:

It feels like a Scooby Doo episode. At some point the NB or some fans are gonna grab Rawlins and yank off his mask, revealing Mark Campbell…”I’d have got away with it if it wasn’t for you meddling minor stock holders!”

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

It feels like a Scooby Doo episode. At some point the NB or some fans are gonna grab Rawlins and yank off his mask, revealing Mark Campbell…”I’d have got away with it if it wasn’t for you meddling minor stock holders!”

Listened to it last night in jaw dropping wide eyed wonder at what I heard.

They have trashed goodwill with the support and the many one liners they came up with will be thrown back in their faces and rightly so.

Arrogant, Self righteous, Entitled, Superior, Out of touch all undesirable traits wrapped up in one deluded board and management.

Degrading comments about former players eg Mercer - Leitch was offensive and unacceptable and will be in the back of the mind of any player that are stupid enough to consider signing for FFC 

10 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Yeh can’t say much but the attitudes on Tuesday came as no surprise. 

I am an Alloa fan however work colleagues showed me some of the clips and I found these absolutely jaw dropping. Complete charlatans and idiots running your club . 

Just one thing though guys, please don't write off Steve Herrington. An absolute fantastic and consistent Alloa player for 6 years mostly playing in the championship in that time . The guy was excellent. He was playing in a great Alloa side with terrific players such as Iain Flannigan beside him and he never let us down . I would point out that he had great managers working with him such as Jack Ross and Goodwin who turned him into a combative central midfield player. Please don't write him off . 

Owen Alloa 

Yeah sorry Owen but he’s absolutely gubbins. The player that was at Alloa is quite evidently not the same one we’ve ended up with. A central midfielder that can’t pass the ball really needs to make up for that in other aspects of his game his work rate, desire, shutting down opposition, biting into tackles, winning the ball back. Unfortunately he’s been absolutely shite at all of that as well.

He’s as bad as anything we’ve had in the last 5 years.

12 hours ago, Zbairn said:

If the club want to bridge the divide between themselves and the fans It's clear that an apology is required and that heads need to roll...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

You'd suspect the board had wished they'd followed that advice but enough damage was done on Tuesday that a period of radio silence from them is probably best.

I seem to be in the minority - of one maybe! - that thinks emptying the entire management infrastructure would set us back. Some of the plans discussed on Tuesday should be allowed to come to fruition and a period of stability is required.

I'm seeing too many advocating that when it doesn't go right we bin them and start over - under any regime i.e. existing BOD, NB, FSS etc or set of personalities they might choose to lead.

It is unsustainable

P.S. Willing to see the irony of my opening statement and other posters view on it!

Edited by Blame Me
Additional view

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."

You'd suspect the board had wished they'd followed that advice but enough damage was done on Tuesday that a period of radio silence from them is probably best.

I seem to be in the minority - of one maybe! - that thinks emptying the entire management infrastructure would set us back. Some of the plans discussed on Tuesday should be allowed to come to fruition and a period of stability is required.

I'm seeing too many advocating that when it doesn't go right we bin them and start over - under any regime i.e. existing BOD, NB, FSS etc or set of personalities they might choose to lead.

It is unsustainable

Plans are great if you've go the right people in charge to see the plans through to fruition. We don't. We've got the wrong board, the wrong Sporting Director and the wrong Head Coach. If we lose today we need to take action and ditch Holt and Sheerin at least. If Deans and his cronies aren't up to picking the new manager they should get somebody like Steve Brown at St. Johnstone to guide them in the selection process. And FFS, pay the new manager a half decent wage so that we get somebody capable in this time!

I still don't get why they felt they had to stand up at the start of the Q&A and give a long statement (not question!) to the fans. it felt like they wanted to get stuff off their chest and held onto that mic saying loudly you're going to listen to this whether you like it or not. very controlling and set the evening off to a terrible start. they would have been better just apologising for the current situation and saying they were keen to listen to fans and answer as honestly as they could any questions.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Plans are great if you've go the right people in charge to see the plans through to fruition. We don't. We've got the wrong board, the wrong Sporting Director and the wrong Head Coach. If we lose today we need to take action and ditch Holt and Sheerin at least. If Deans and his cronies aren't up to picking the new manager they should get somebody like Steve Brown at St. Johnstone to guide them in the selection process. And FFS, pay the new manager a half decent wage so that we get somebody capable in this time!

I get that but who are the "right" people. Again, like the players argument, it's subjective and you won't please everyone. 

I used to call for Yogi to return whenever we changed managers but others in our support can't stand him, even now so the BOD can't win. 

Go back to Hartley and his scout - That wasn't right.

McKinnon and his Morton speed dial - That wasn't right.

M&M/Lex Millar player bingo - That wasn't right.

Who knows if Holt's approach is right - not me but it seems the most thought out it's been for a long while.

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I still don't get why they felt they had to stand up at the start of the Q&A and give a long statement (not question!) to the fans. it felt like they wanted to get stuff off their chest and held onto that mic saying loudly you're going to listen to this whether you like it or not. very controlling and set the evening off to a terrible start. they would have been better just apologising for the current situation and saying they were keen to listen to fans and answer as honestly as they could any questions.

Yeh to think there is a guy on that board who is there for his apparent PR expertise and that is the way they decide to open it. Absolutely tone deaf.

If Deans just selected his cronies then he’s picked as arrogant a bunch as himself, apart from maybe that guy who didn’t say anything. 

They have to go. No doubt about it. 

12 hours ago, Zbairn said:

I hope I’m wrong for your sake, but perhaps the board don’t see that there IS a divide. It’s been said elsewhere on this thread that there are probably approximately 50-100 posters on here who are unhappy. Add to that the “undesirables” (as Colburn would have them tagged no doubt) who holler and boo on a match day, and what are you talking - couple of hundred maybe? Out of three or four thousand who turn up, however you look at it, it’s a minority. Which is manna from heaven for your board. 

Was the CI mentioned on Tuesday?

11 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

I hope I’m wrong for your sake, but perhaps the board don’t see that there IS a divide. It’s been said elsewhere on this thread that there are probably approximately 50-100 posters on here who are unhappy. Add to that the “undesirables” (as Colburn would have them tagged no doubt) who holler and boo on a match day, and what are you talking - couple of hundred maybe? Out of three or four thousand who turn up, however you look at it, it’s a minority. Which is manna from heaven for your board. 

Was the CI mentioned on Tuesday?

CI has been done to death in previous versions of these. Whilst it can be held up as another example of piss poor attitude from the board bringing it up now that they finally appear to have moved on with the project would have just been covering old ground.