The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The reason for the stats-heavy question was to demonstrate the depth of how bad Falkirk have been. Having not been promoted is just one aspect of the story of how shocking Falkirk have been. The stats quoted showed just how far away we are from promotion and painted a deeper picture of the fundamental flaws at the club. 

Also showed that Sheerins win rate was worse than the two/3 previous encumbents.

Guest Back Post Misses

At some point this club has to heal the wounds and come back together if it wants to be successful. (and I think most of us want that) 
At the moment that looks a fair bit off but it has to happen at some point.
I said it on Wednesday that this is sad to watch. The last two days ain’t been any easier.   

19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

What the hell was all that Alan Gow stuff about anyway? 

"He was forced on us. I won't give details."

I think i'll be raising that question at the AGM this year. Surely at least the shareholders should be made aware of how Gow was forced on to the board when he wasn't wanted. This won't go into details is not on.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Caractacus Potts
29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

At some point this club has to heal the wounds and come back together if it wants to be successful. (and I think most of us want that) 
At the moment that looks a fair bit off but it has to happen at some point.
I said it on Wednesday that this is sad to watch. The last two days ain’t been any easier.   

The wounds won’t heal if we don’t remove those that are constantly inflicting them. 

4 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Danny Grainger looking a broken man in that interview. Were on for a hiding tomorrow barring a miracle. Embarrassing.

I had hoped he might be in interim charge by now, but by the same token if I were him if the chance to get a gig back down south came up I'd grab it with both hands. 

25 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Danny Grainger looking a broken man in that interview. Were on for a hiding tomorrow barring a miracle. Embarrassing.

His eyes are like piss holes in the snow, as if he has been crying for a week. 3 - 0.

33 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Complete meltdown of self confidence and belief. Sad to see. The job is just far too big for these 2 from what I can see 

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

That's a bit unfair. He was talking about being 2-0 down at the time and conceding the second with only about 15 minutes left. It's a phrase that's used by loads of managers under similar circumstances.

It's a bit like some of the posters that are slagging the board, no point in looking for faults when they're providing loads by themselves. 

I don't think it's unfair at all. The taking a narrow defeat was clearly tongue in cheek but Sheerin's expectations of what is acceptable both in terms of results and performances are miles away from the fans.

I genuinely believe he'd be happy taking a point from Peterhead. One of the reasons he needs to go, and go now.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

34 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I don't think it's unfair at all. The taking a narrow defeat was clearly tongue in cheek but Sheerin's expectations of what is acceptable both in terms of results and performances are miles away from the fans.

I genuinely believe he'd be happy taking a point from Peterhead. One of the reasons he needs to go, and go now.

But who would take the job ? Who would want it with the revolving door manager and player hire and fire reputation we have.

Yogi ? comes to mind but he would be a marmite like or hate recruitment. 

Not sure I've seen this talked about yet.  Interesting comments from Nesbitt - he sounds far closer to captain material than Hetherington (or anyone else for that matter).  

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/falkirk-star-desperate-to-turn-things-around-after-hostile-atmosphere/
Hetherington has shown absolutely nothing to be captain material. Not in a Falkirk shirt anyway. Nesbitt, Dixon, even Mutch and Telfer have more about them. Hetherington is part passenger part liability.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
42 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:
Not sure I've seen this talked about yet.  Interesting comments from Nesbitt - he sounds far closer to captain material than Hetherington (or anyone else for that matter).  

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/falkirk-star-desperate-to-turn-things-around-after-hostile-atmosphere/

Hetherington has shown absolutely nothing to be captain material. Not in a Falkirk shirt anyway. Nesbitt, Dixon, even Mutch and Telfer have more about them. Hetherington is part passenger part liability.

Hetherington has spent the last few years in a side trying to stay in a league I can only presume that suits him far more than playing a side trying to win a league as so far he's looked like a nothing player. Can't tackle, no pace, no aggression, gives the ball away constantly, slows everything down and is constantly getting outrun by opposition midfielders. He should stick to starring in silent movies and forget football.

Hetherington has spent the last few years in a side trying to stay in a league I can only presume that suits him far more than playing a side trying to win a league as so far he's looked like a nothing player. Can't tackle, no pace, no aggression, gives the ball away constantly, slows everything down and is constantly getting outrun by opposition midfielders. He should stick to starring in silent movies and forget football.
Its a bit of a misconception for me that dig is for relegation battles. Teams that win leagues arent just more talented. They fight harder, tackle better, run further. It pisses me off that successive Falkirk managers have had us playing like shitebags tbh. The best teams are and will outscrap when needed. If Hetherington as a full time player cant bully players in this league, I have no idea how the f**k he managed to make his mark a league above.

10 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

More seething I get about Tuesday,  more seething I get at McFarlane funnily enough. 

I was waiting on him shouting get it up ye ya b*****ds I'm away back to watching Hibs.

Edited by Shadwell Dog