The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

You couldn't. Others clearly could and did so.

What is your actual point here?  That ShaggerG should be more organised in his day-to-day life when it comes to booking tickets?  Cause, while the point might be valid, the interest you're showing in him is coming across as pretty fucking weird.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Exactly. Even when talking to their own fans they cannae help go on a crowd w**k about a Q&A event

is @Sainteepip a Falkirk fan aye?

Off you pop to your baron wasteland of a thread in which you reside.

Edited by sick boy

Guest Caractacus Potts
55 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

You're detracting from the point. Any of the angry mob, of which there were plenty on here, had ample opportunity to purchase a ticket to vent their spleen if they genuinely wished to do so. It's great for guys like you that they bottled it. 

Don’t you get it!? Venting your spleen is exactly what these forums are for. Fortunately in the real world we conduct ourselves in a more civilised manner whilst asking tough questions. If only the board could hold their contempt for the fan base for 2 hours then they’d be in a better position. 

18 hours ago, Beaver The Bairn said:

The fan came prepared, alright. He cited previous win rates of clubs who have – unlike Falkirk - managed to win League One. He compared it to their current win rate, and overall win rate since Deans was appointed chairman in December 2019, which has them on course to fall well short of what must be their minimum ambition.

Am I the only one getting irked by this "well researched" fact that Falkirk's win rate is less than promoted teams over the last 18 months? It's a bit like the old one whereby scientists had carried out extensive research and were able to conclude that approximately 50% of all married people were men! Falkirk haven't won the league in the last two seasons. It's not rocket science then to prove that their points return is, generally, somewhat lower than teams that have.

None of which excuses the way Deans treated the question that was ultimately asked. Not saying it did, just that the whole narrative from the questioner was a lot of needless smoke and mirrors flannel. He could have asked the question he did in about three lines and I could see what Deans was trying to (very badly) say about it.

I thought the Rawlins guy spoke pretty well.

Am I the only one getting irked by this "well researched" fact that Falkirk's win rate is less than promoted teams over the last 18 months? It's a bit like the old one whereby scientists had carried out extensive research and were able to conclude that approximately 50% of all married people were men! Falkirk haven't won the league in the last two seasons. It's not rocket science then to prove that their points return is, generally, somewhat lower than teams that have.
None of which excuses the way Deans treated the question that was ultimately asked. Not saying it did, just that the whole narrative from the questioner was a lot of needless smoke and mirrors flannel. He could have asked the question he did in about three lines and I could see what Deans was trying to (very badly) say about it.
I dont think theres any problem with fleshing out a bit extra, especially when stood opposite a man who actually stood up and said "AH'VE NO DONE THE RESEARCH OAN THIS, MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE HUS".

Its quite apparent that if you leave a path to wriggle out of, these clowns will wriggle out, I suspect the fan was just trying to ensure he laid it all out in front of them. Doubtless, didnt reckon on how much of a condescending w****r Deans was willing to be.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think theres any problem with fleshing out a bit extra, especially when stood opposite a man who actually stood up and said "AH'VE NO DONE THE RESEARCH OAN THIS, MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE HUS".

Its quite apparent that if you leave a path to wriggle out of, these clowns will wriggle out, I suspect the fan was just trying to ensure he laid it all out in front of them. Doubtless, didnt reckon on how much of a condescending w****r Deans was willing to be.

Fair enough. Maybe it's just me, I do tend to fixate on numbers. It just seemed to me he spent a needless minute or so providing stats to prove what a Primary schoolchild with access to a League table could manage in a line. That Falkirk haven't won the League in the previous two seasons and aren't sitting top now.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Think it was more to do with in comparison to the win rate of the last 36 games, showing that it’s getting worse, not better.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We have a board, Phil Rawlins aside who have zero football experience. We have a manager who is really learning his trade and a DoF who is new to the role.

That's actually insane and perfectly explains why you're in the predicament you are. 

In my profession, people who are new to it, are fucking hopeless. I am sure it's the same in most professions. You have to learn a lot to be competent or otherwise everyone would do it.

Your entire management structure is still at the "learning the basics" stage. You are a football club run by school leavers. 

On 21/10/2021 at 10:46, Rugster said:

I really, really don't want to stick up for him, because he was a disgrace, but I think he worded that badly (nothing new there) and what he was meaning was the vast majority of fans find the behaviour of some unacceptable. I may well be wrong though, I can't force myself to watch it again to check.

It’s an interesting one. He absolutely was a disgrace, but to call what he said a “statement” is wrong. He quite obviously had something prepared, but it looked to me as if he was expecting a positive response from what he was saying and, when no applause was forthcoming, he dug himself in deeper with more and more word vomit to the point that he started getting heckled. And at that point, the crowd are away. They’re gone, and not going to come back to your way of thinking. 

I’ve been at a few of these affairs as a Livi supporter. A couple when things were looking rosey, and a couple when we were at deaths door. I don’t remember at any point, at any of them, our fans being called out in quite the manner that Colburn did, or our fans being belittled quite as much as Gary Deans did. Arrogance of the highest order, from two guys who it would appear to me quite frankly are cancerous in your club. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fair enough. Maybe it's just me, I do tend to fixate on numbers. It just seemed to me he spent a needless minute or so providing stats to prove what a Primary schoolchild with access to a League table could manage in a line. That Falkirk haven't won the League in the previous two seasons and aren't sitting top now.

The reason for the stats-heavy question was to demonstrate the depth of how bad Falkirk have been. Having not been promoted is just one aspect of the story of how shocking Falkirk have been. The stats quoted showed just how far away we are from promotion and painted a deeper picture of the fundamental flaws at the club. 

Sheerins expectations seem to differ from the supporters by quite some distance going by his interviews. I know that that is often the case but I'm not convinced he realises that winning the league is the one and only agreeable outcome this season. His outlook also seems to differ from the board.Board fully expect still to win the league, sheerin still thinks the team will come good but it's going to take longer than expected.  Okay at the moment the league points wise is nowhere near dead but going by Saturdays performance we're further away from getting it right than ever.  Queen's park and others won't be 5 or 6 points ahead of us just for much longer  and soon will be disappearing over the hillside at this rate.  We certainly can't wait till January for an upturn in the results.