The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I wonder if this propensity for Holt and the Board to stick the boot into and slag off current and ex-players is the real reason behind players not coming to Falkirk. That kind of bitchiness creates a really nasty atmosphere in the workplace and players talk. Would maybe go some way to explaining the complete collapse in form after Holt arrived and why getting 2 points was an impossible task for him. 

Imagine you're Keena, krasniqui etc  watching that shambles. Far more likely to piss players off than a few Boos from the bloody crowd.

8 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I wonder if this propensity for Holt and the Board to stick the boot into and slag off current and ex-players is the real reason behind players not coming to Falkirk. That kind of bitchiness creates a really nasty atmosphere in the workplace and players talk. Would maybe go some way to explaining the complete collapse in form after Holt arrived and why getting 2 points was an impossible task for him. 

Yes. I get that football is different from other industries, but slagging off ex-employees is poor patter.

Plus, there are a good number of those ex-players who aren't bad folk, who came in and tried their best and just weren't up to the standard. There's no shame in that and that's not on them.

13 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Phone's playing up so can't see if someone's already posted the full text, but those without a Herald subscription can read it here:

https://archive.ph/nlU2S

A great wee website for getting around pay walls by the way. 

Open the link in private/incognito  mode, that gets round the subscription as well

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

This is where I think we really lack football experience in our club. Slagging off current/ex players wouldn't happen with experienced guys like Alex Smith, Alex Totten there. We have a board, Phil Rawlins aside who have zero football experience. We have a manager who is really learning his trade and a DoF who is new to the role. It's been mentioned on here before but we should have gone for some experience to get us out this league. We can't keep going with the turnover of players/managers etc but we have to if the current board keep getting it wrong. I honestly think Sheerin would maybe benefit with an old head in there assisting with the team and the DoF role if we really need one should have gone to an experienced person. With the mess we are in we cannot afford to be used as a learning experience.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m still worried though. Lose 2 Peterhead and Clyde and we are in a really bad position.

I said after last week's game, 2pts at most from the next two games.

I do reckon it will be Ruth up top himself who clearly isn't a lone striker,we go one or two down and we bring on Kenna..... groundhog Day 

The emphasis on Saturday will be keep the clean sheet

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Sainteepip said:

For all the chat of hounding the board and giving them hell from the posters on here I decided to watch the q&a looking forward to the grief the suits were sure to be receiving. Dearie me, hardly a peep. A few disgruntled mumbles was about the extent of it. No wonder the club had no qualms releasing it if a couple of grumbles of discontent was all they got. I'm assuming all the big talkers on here were too busy to attend? 

It was good that they didn’t get hell to be honest. Quite frankly for what was said the crowd was well behaved. Had it been more rowdy then it would draw less focus on the attitude of the board.

As a result, even those fans who sympathised with the board know exactly what a bunch of charlatans they are. They attacked before any fan had a proper go at them and the response to a well researched, polite question said it all.

Honestly for those of us that have been trying to expose their incompetence for a while now there’s nothing more we could do to expose them than their own actions on the night. That said, their complete lack of self awareness even went to lengths I didn’t think were capable that night and their arrogance is extraordinary. It even explained more to myself about why we are in the doldrums. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

34 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

For all the chat of hounding the board and giving them hell from the posters on here I decided to watch the q&a looking forward to the grief the suits were sure to be receiving. Dearie me, hardly a peep. A few disgruntled mumbles was about the extent of it. No wonder the club had no qualms releasing it if a couple of grumbles of discontent was all they got. I'm assuming all the big talkers on here were too busy to attend? 

More socks on this thread than under Philpy's bed.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was glad it went the way it did. I was there and they didn't get an easy ride. The majority of the question were well thought out, researched and exposed them for what they are. If we had walked out or shouted, swore etc they would have used that against us. In the past when we have protested and directors cars have been damaged it has shown us up in a bad light. I think we are going about things in the right way and it is them who have came out of this badly.

This.

The way that the fans reacted on the night, vocal but respectful, also shot down Colborn's claim that Falkirk fans are overly aggressive and verbal at the games, chasing away other fans. Nah, the fans at the Q & A were like Goldilock's bed, not too hard, not too soft, just right.

Sheerin's comments with regard to tomorrow's game are as downbeat and uninspiring as ever. As ever, all about the opposition. Fair enough, Peterhead are in form and have scored nine in their last two - whilst we "cannot be expected to score two or three to win a game" - but something a little bit more positive than "this is the worst possible time to play them" really would not go amiss in the present climate. He appears to think Peterhead will be set up to frustrate us then in the very next sentence says that Peterhead will take confidence from us conceding too many goals?! Which is it? I'd be amazed, in view of the current form of both, if McInally hasn't got them on the front foot from the first whistle.

Little faith remaining in this guy I'm afraid. Suspect defeat at Balmoor tomorrow will be entirely in line with his expectations. Absolutely anything more than that to be treated as a welcome and completely unexpected bonus. Depressing.

57 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

Hahaha what would you have us do? Sounds like you wanted us to physically attack them, mutant

FWIW the attendees done a perfect job, outing the board for the shower of arrogant charlatans whilst disproving their claims we are some uncivilized brutes

Edited by sick boy

Probably nothing that hasn't been said before, but being late to the party watching that Q&A, I genuinely feel sorry for you guys. Zero accountability and spending the first 13 minutes calling out the fans absolutely set the tone. Even the initial jibes about applause levels showed how engineered the us v them situation was. From a perspective of watching that Q&A and not being fully up to date on the rest of the issues at the club, I do feel for Sheerin. It came across like he's out of his depth and sinking rapidly, whilst his support network are punching as many holes as possible in his life raft. 

2 hours ago, Sainteepip said:

I'll have you know that at least one of the 'big talkers' on here was there and voiced his opinion too, thank you very much!!

3 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

According to a poster on this thread he/she managed to purchase a ticket the day before the event so anyone who wished to attend could have done so. Would have made for a more entertaining video for the neutral if the 'hang 'em high' and 'hound them for the entire event' brigade had actually followed through with their threats, if they even bothered to attend the event that is. For the long term benefit of the club it was clearly preferential that the loud mouths on here decided to take the cowards route out. 

f**k off

1 hour ago, Sainteepip said:

According to a poster on this thread he/she managed to purchase a ticket the day before the event so anyone who wished to attend could have done so. Would have made for a more entertaining video for the neutral if the 'hang 'em high' and 'hound them for the entire event' brigade had actually followed through with their threats, if they even bothered to attend the event that is. For the long term benefit of the club it was clearly preferential that the loud mouths on here decided to take the cowards route out. 

Sorry, but you're talking pish. I tried and failed to get a ticket the day before but was lucky enough to get one from someone who couldn't go.