The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Love how the frothing at the mouth on here & online turned into nothing more than a couple of murmurs now and again & an old boy who looked as if he was about to break into a song.

These so called charlatans were given a very easy time considering some of the stuff I have seen about what was to happen. "Boo them out the building" "walk out the minute the meeting starts"

Deserve everything yous get.

Ta club

For all the Bairns that attended Q&A. You all forgot this -

Screenshot_2021-10-21_201404.jpg

36 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Whether he's any good at his job or not is irrelevant in this context, his background's not in finance. What do the others do?

Deans  partner  KPMG  previously CA 

MacFarlane pagoda PR

Colborne partner Price Waterhouse coopers

Gordon Wright Prudential at one stage not sure where now. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

Sheerins recruitment at arbroath was a hit or miss, found some gems like Falkingham but some utter duds in the season we got relegated,
He was helped in his first few seasons due to the fact he played and was miles ahead of most players at that level and the fact he had a certain Stuart Petrie as his no 2,

I watched Falkingham play for Harrogate on Tuesday, always thought he was decent at the pars.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I doubt Ruth was on his list at all.

We have super Wilson with his 4 league goals last season tho 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Deans  partner pkmg

MacFarlane pagoda PR

Colborne partner Price Waterhouse coopers

Gordon Wright Prudential at one stage not sure where now. 

So not even 'the vast majority' are in finance then?

There is absolutely no point in peddling pish Shadwell. Some of this BOD seem to be doing their best to give folk enough to complain about without making stuff up to discredit them. Let them do it themselves!

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So not even 'the vast majority' are in finance then?

There is absolutely no point in peddling pish Shadwell. Some of this BOD seem to be doing their best to give folk enough to complain about without making stuff up to discredit them. Let them do it themselves!

You've got 3 working for financial companies out of 4 . That to me is a majority .

What should the board members backgrounds be?

I think it’s fair to have a cross section of business skills to get the best out of any management team. I think Shadwell is correct on this one.

We’re all moaning like f&£@ on this and quite rightly so. So how to we generate all these views into meaningful action. We could type all day till our fingers bleed?

Just watched the Q&A on YouTube and being an outsider wow couldn’t believe the opening answers to the first Falkirk fans questions , Cracking questions from the Falkirk fan who clearly had done his research unlike Mr Deans who came across as arrogant and patronising to be honest and if I was the manager of other first division clubs I would be using that as motivation if I had ex Falkirk players in my team. I do fear for Falkirks chances of promotion as it shines through that Sheerin is desperately lacking experience and unless he receives more funds to strengthen I think the writing is on the wall

6 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Just watched the Q&A on YouTube and being an outsider wow couldn’t believe the opening answers to the first Falkirk fans questions , Cracking questions from the Falkirk fan who clearly had done his research unlike Mr Deans who came across as arrogant and patronising to be honest and if I was the manager of other first division clubs I would be using that as motivation if I had ex Falkirk players in my team. I do fear for Falkirks chances of promotion as it shines through that Sheerin is desperately lacking experience and unless he receives more funds to strengthen I think the writing is on the wall

We're doomed Graffiti Crawford School of Art Cork Black and White Canon  A570IS | Imprints of Light

11 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Think they may have problems with their own players- Wilson scoring more goals than Keena  last year to support a point- when Keena was out injured for most of last season( cheers ), and Dixon wont he happy either, actually the Huddersfield boy wont be a bag of laughs either. Actually rest of the players will think do that to them, they will do that to me. Any Agent advising a player might think twice of them joining that house of horrors… just looks like a massive car crash….

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You've got 3 working for financial companies out of 4 . That to me is a majority .

There are 6 people on the BOD and GC is a management consultant. Would you count the tea lady at the Pru as working in finance?