The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

January window is a hopeless time to be trying to sign players.  Majority would be loans and our record of signing them is probably the worst in Scottish football. Holt and sheerin already have the biggest budget in the league comfortably. Holt has already failed in his basic job of enticing the right standard of player especially striker to come to the club.  Get kb'd 14 times should tell him something and makes the strikers we have 15th ,16th and 17th in the list at least.Why would any sane person give them more cash having seen the dross they've already come up with.

I almost have sympathy for our board with replies like this.

Cut through the personalities and what they're saying makes sense. We can't keep binning board members, playing and non-playing staff and expect this to turn.

... Holt has already failed in his basic job of enticing the right standard of player...

That is totally subjective again and not based on any facts. Call it the Lex Miller/M & M approach as we discovered. What is "the right standard" exactly? I don't know if it will work but it needs time to bear fruit and the squad turnover is unacceptable.
As for where these strikers were in terms of preference it makes no odds - Many factors mean you won't always get your top target so his job is to have multiple options. 

I'm no BOD apologist but the sack anyone and everyone mentality will get us nowhere.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Your telling us to stick with the manager and yet you got rid of yours quick as you like. Why is it ok to get rid of yours but not us especially as you said it wasn't his fault after all. You've had a clear out obviously which seems fine for you but when we want a clear out to detox the club your slating us. Seems you pick and choose what's good for your club but not ours.

Ps can you please take toxic Tony back as he's now stinking out Falkirk TV.

Because sadly it didn't look like turning round undr him. The difference being for the first few months he had to contend with so much from above that I'm surprised he didn't walk away. 

Your management hasn't got that so it's two totally different scenarios. 

Don't know how he is with falkirk TV when he's been at our last few games.

12 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I almost have sympathy for our board with replies like this.

Cut through the personalities and what they're saying makes sense. We can't keep binning board members, playing and non-playing staff and expect this to turn.

That is totally subjective again and not based on any facts. Call it the Lex Miller/M & M approach as we discovered. What is "the right standard" exactly? I don't know if it will work but it needs time to bear fruit and the squad turnover is unacceptable.
As for where these strikers were in terms of preference it makes no odds - Many factors mean you won't always get your top target so his job is to have multiple options. 

I'm no BOD apologist but the sack anyone and everyone mentality will get us nowhere.

Wake up and smell the feckin coffee FFS. Holts been there a year now and out of 20 players he's signed about 3 get pass marks. That's a feckin dreadful success rate . If he can't get the right players in he needs to walk. We need a decent striker not a diddy from Dumbarton, an untried boy from down south who has never kicked a first team ball and a laddie from Aberdeen that had scored one goal in his entire career before coming to us. Other teams are managing to do it yet are paying less money than us and have far smaller budget. When will you get your head out of the sand and realise the only way we're getting out of this league is by ending up in league 2 with these clowns in charge. Jesus Christ Saturday was one of the worst performances I've seen from a Falkirk side since we'll alloa probably but let's just keep doing what we're doing even though the manager admits he doesn't know why we're shite, how we become less shite but wishes he was a better manager jesus feckin wept.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Because sadly it didn't look like turning round undr him. The difference being for the first few months he had to contend with so much from above that I'm surprised he didn't walk away. 

Your management hasn't got that so it's two totally different scenarios. 

Don't know how he is with falkirk TV when he's been at our last few games.

So your manager shows no sign of turning it around it's okay to get rid. Our manager shows absolutely no sign of turning it around admits he doesn't know what's wrong or how to fix it but we have to keep him. I think you should worry about your own problems and not get concerned with ours.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So your manager shows no sign of turning it around it's okay to get rid. Our manager shows absolutely no sign of turning it around admits he doesn't know what's wrong or how to fix it but we have to keep him. I think you should worry about your own problems and not get concerned with ours.

You's were saying that before the season started. As I said after 6 months we are healing 3 years down the line you are no further forward.

Who do u get as new manager

11 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You's were saying that before the season started. As I said after 6 months we are healing 3 years down the line you are no further forward.

Who do u get as new manager

The problem is there's no point just getting rid of the manager. The club needs cleared out from top to bottom or you just get the same clowns appointing the wrong people again and again which is the reason we are in this mess. Fresh start slate wiped clean no links to the old msg on the board and things will start to improve rapidly. You've emptied your dross we need to do the same then perhaps we can as you say heal.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Problem with that is that it's 99.9% certain these claims of 'threats' are utter lies, which he'd then have been forced to admit. 

I'm not too sure about that. Remember Andy Thomson getting his car attacked at the stadium, plus there are more than enough idiots among our support (as there are at every club) that would think nothing of abusing folk over the internet or wherever. Plus there could quite easily be trolls from other clubs or just p***ks in general who would take the opportunity to abuse or threaten to their heart's content.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd have to disagree with this.

I have little sympathy for our board . They have all chosen to give up their time to take part in the fiasco that is now our club . Most of them don’t have any shares and those that do live in the states. Why they are in these roles god knows - They should have known that every board I can recall has been verbally abused by the fans - “ it’s just part of going to the” fitba” 

At games rightly or wrongly personal abuse directed at our own / opposition directors players and match officials is standard fare and often wouldn’t be tolerated outside of a stadium . Wether is hissing after Norris mcCathie died from a gas leak , singing about opposition players girlfriends being sluts throwing eyeballs on the pitch or whatever why would the people in charge expect anything else given the recent form .They can’t have been surprised by the reaction.  It’s just par for the course I’m afraid and part of the reason many go to the game to let of steam in a way they wouldn’t be allowed in normal society .

Board members can’t expect to enjoy the  free hospitality when things are going well if they can’t take the shit (however abusive ) when the going gets tough.

Just now, Stainrod said:

I have little sympathy for our board . They have all chosen to give up their time to take part in the fiasco that is now our club . Most of them don’t have any shares and those that do live in the states. Why they are in these roles god knows - They should have known that every board I can recall has been verbally abused by the fans - “ it’s just part of going to the” fitba” 

At games rightly or wrongly personal abuse directed at our own / opposition directors players and match officials is standard fare and often wouldn’t be tolerated outside of a stadium . Wether is hissing after Norris mcCathie died from a gas leak , singing about opposition players girlfriends being sluts throwing eyeballs on the pitch or whatever why would the people in charge expect anything else given the recent form .They can’t have been surprised by the reaction.  It’s just par for the course I’m afraid and part of the reason many go to the game to let of steam in a way they wouldn’t be allowed in normal society .

Board members can’t expect to enjoy the  free hospitality when things are going well if they can’t take the shit (however abusive ) when the going gets tough.

Are you quoting the wrong person? I was disagreeing with him/her where he said nobody else talks about the current board on our threads. 

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm not too sure about that. Remember Andy Thomson getting his car attacked at the stadium, plus there are more than enough idiots among our support (as there are at every club) that would think nothing of abusing folk over the internet or wherever. Plus there could quite easily be trolls from other clubs or just p***ks in general who would take the opportunity to abuse or threaten to their heart's content.

Every club has them so it is indeed possible that a handful of folk have over stepped the mark. That should not be condoned but is still small fry when compared to the treatment the likes of the deans or fulston got.  It also doesn't help if you run down an entire stand to argue with a boy giving you jip. Turn the other cheek and walk away you ain't going to win by confronting them. 

Despite all that there is absolutely no reason to bring this out in a meeting attended by a good number of fans who have shown no willingness to abuse or physically attack the board.  Surely the proper place to air those views will be the first meeting with the new supporters group if anywhere.

Edited by Shadwell Dog