The Falkirk FC Thread

Not been without our own issues on or off the park this season so thought watching the Q&A would be a bit of a laugh…however I ended up genuinely feeling for you lot with those clowns running your club. 

Thought Rawlins was the only one who came out of it sounding like he had a vision of what he wanted to do and where he wanted to take the club. 

The opening 10 minutes was excruciating and, to be honest, they actually did well to avoid the Q&A descending in to chaos from that point. The comments blaming the fans and the ‘statement not a question’ jibe (to what was a thoroughly well put together piece full of fact) absolutely boiled my piss, even as an Alloa supporter. Deans and Colburn should be the first two out the door. 

I actually think the recruitment model you guys have is a good thing, but it sounds like it’s a case of Holt picking who he wants and leaving Sheerin to make it work on the park - for me it should be Sheerin telling Holt what he needs and then leave him to go out and make that happen and deal with the administrative side/contract etc, and leave Sheerin to concentrate solely on the training/games. For me, right model, just being used (it appears from the outside) in the wrong way. There’s then obviously the next question of are those 2 the right people for each of those jobs, which it appears just now neither of them are. 

1 hour ago, sick boy said:

If I am honest I want this to be the talk of Scotland, podcasts, tv shows etc. 

Get the pressure put on these clowns.

I agree and I actually think for once the majority of other clubs fans aren't ripping the pish out of us fans. On the whole most have shown sympathy for the fact our board are so out of touch with our feelings and treating us with utter contempt.

Personal highlight for me this one. Our chairman genuinely saying what fans of other clubs have accused us fans of doing since we’ve been down here. “It’s unfair the other wee teams raise their games against us cos we’re the big boys!”. Absolutely fucking pathetic!!!!
Built in "AH'VE NO DONE THE ANALYSIS" excuse aswell.

Exactly what "scientific analysis" does he think would back up his strawman argument about why we are laughably shit?

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye probably after trying and failing to get players out with your pull as a league one club.

Being in League One isn't the problem. Not offering the right wages to the right players is. 

Dylan Easton utterly pissed all over us at the weekend. Airdrie signed him from Kelty. Great player. Well within our budget. 

Bet we're paying Jaime Wilson more than Airdrie are paying him.

12 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Did you have the same thoughts when Rangers fans were fighting the board? I doubt it.

It's an absolute disgrace what boards can get away with. This Q&A is a masterclass in avoiding questions.

What board did Rangers supporters fight? You were out dancing in the street Newcastle style for every passing charlatan that ever turned up.

I have never quite bought into the family club ethos, when did this even start?

Yes of course its great under 12s get in for free, and that we have a family section.

But why do we need to hide our passion? I dont condone going absolutely mental but there is nothing wrong in constructive shouts or booing! We arent there to unconditionally support the team, we are allowed to express our views.

Coburn can get in the sea, the board air has obviously got to his head. He is now obviously a better fan now that hes made the board!

What board did Rangers supporters fight? You were out dancing in the street Newcastle style for every passing charlatan that ever turned up.
Correct. Who can forget them parrotting Charlie Greens "Now, then, forever" bullshit whilst he was fleecing the life out of their club [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Being in League One isn't the problem. Not offering the right wages to the right players is. 

Dylan Easton utterly pissed all over us at the weekend. Airdrie signed him from Kelty. Great player. Well within our budget. 

Bet we're paying Jaime Wilson more than Airdrie are paying him.

Easton is a good example of the players you should be approaching.  Good players from the league or two below. Trying to sign Robinson and McManus then ending up with Wilson and Ruth is definitely an issue. 

4 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I have never quite bought into the family club ethos, when did this even start?

Yes of course its great under 12s get in for free, and that we have a family section.

But why do we need to hide our passion? I dont condone going absolutely mental but there is nothing wrong in constructive shouts or booing! We arent there to unconditionally support the team, we are allowed to express our views.

Coburn can get in the sea, the board air has obviously got to his head. He is now obviously a better fan now that hes made the board!

Completely agree. Generally speaking the football on show is shite. It has been forever. Kids don't really want to spend 90 minutes freezing in a soulless shell of a stadium watching our shit. 

It's generally old fellas and some teens whose faithers took them there who remain fans that are the lifeblood. Falkirk has never been a family club in my lifetime. Community club- aye.  But that's completely different. 

Wow, that Q&A was a hard watch, the level of arrogance from your board is embarrassing considering you's are sitting 5th in the 3rd tier of Scottish football. 

The comment i really found funny was the ex falkirk players raise there game when playing against them, airdrie had no ex players in there squad on Saturday and gave you's a 3-0 drubbing.

Desperately sad times for a good club with so much potential.

The future is bleak with these folk running things. No idea how Holt got that job, no credentials to perform his job competently and sounds like he hasn't got a clue. Wasn't even the main man at Livi.

The youth set up will take years to get back to where it was, they are inviting poor standard of players who are not even standout at boys clubs and as far as I am aware, no scouts out and about to change that. Need a network in to fix that. For free.

The head coach looks completely out of his depth. Felt sorry for him. He won't last long but it will be another year lost. 

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Charles Green and the Easedales leadership had fans trying to storm the stadium but aye no fight.

You are the ones stuck in League One with a board you hate it's hardly going well for you is it? Football boards the world over need to have more respect for fans. That isn't a Rangers or Falkirk issue and goes well beyond any sort of 'rivalry'.

1 minute ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Charles Green and the Easedales leadership had fans trying to storm the stadium but aye no fight.

You are the ones stuck in League One with a board you hate it's hardly going well for you is it? Football boards the world over need to have more respect for fans. That isn't a Rangers or Falkirk issue and goes well beyond any sort of 'rivalry'.

Check the team I support. Green and Easdale were welcomed with open arms. They only got short shrift when another potentially lucrative dream team raised their head.

In defence of the Falkirk board they can't be in it for the money, can you say the same about any incumbent at Rangers since the early 80s?

We've signed 17 players this summer. 3 on loan and 14 permanent players. 

Improved the squad - Paddy Martin, Leon Mccann, Mackenzie Lemon, Aidan Nesbitt,  Michael Ruth

Not good enough - Luke Holt, Brad Mckay, Steven Hetherington, Craig Mcguffie, Seb Ross, Jaime Wilson, Sammy Ompreon

Undecided - Ryan Williamson, Cammy Williamson, Ben Weekes, Ernaldo Krasniqi, Declan Mcdaid.

So that's 5 out of 17 signings we've got right with a further 5 still to prove their worth. All with a team of 3/4 including Holt looking at these players before they are brought in.

Signing Brad Mckay, Jaime Wilson and resigning Ben Hall having witnessed him for the full second half of last season aren't small mistakes they are huge blunders so it's no wonder we're struggling on the park again this season.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Check the team I support. Green and Easdale were welcomed with open arms. They only got short shrift when another potentially lucrative dream team raised their head.

In defence of the Falkirk board they can't be in it for the money, can you say the same about any incumbent at Rangers since the early 80s?

They were welcome by some obviously, but to say they were welcomed by everyone is simply not true. He was booed off the park quite early on.

The current board have spent fortunes of their own money, so they aren't exactly raking it in.