The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Serious, serious traction on twitter now about this. Doubt it’ll be going away in the next couple of days. Maybe the best thing the club have done recently is put that laughing stock out to the public 

Peter Grant and the Dunfermline board must be absolutely delighted by it. Completely shifts the focus away from their shitshow. 

2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Not a family member of anyone on the panel.

I don’t want Holt anywhere near the club, have said as much plenty of times as you’d know if you weren’t just stopping by now. 

Does anyone think that board are sacking Holt or Sheerin?? Did you even listen to what they said - it’s clearly far from agenda now despite how pish we are. They defended them to the hilt and more than once stressed constant changing of managers doesn’t help. 

With changing they two off the table what else Do you suggest to Improve our fortunes? Ask the players to work harder? Tell Sheerin to drop his style he is wants to apply and give him the ultimate get out?

Like it or not we need better players for f**k sake. Current bunch proving they aren’t good enough.

Spending more cash just means we get more of the same that's the problem.  It's obvious to anyone that Holt can't get the required standard of player in despite having had two transfer windows to do it. We already have 4 strikers on the books one away on loan already. The chances of Holt getting a decent one in just by giving him a few quid more are basically zero as by his own submission he's already failed miserably to persuade 14 other strikers that Falkirk is the place to be. January your mainly looking at loans. Again hid previous record of signing  neilson, Fotheringham,  McClelland, Ruth, krasniqui and Mcdaid on loan so far would tell you the chances of him getting that right are again very slim. You're just throwing good money after bad. It's as simple as that.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Because other teams don’t waste their time trying to sign players that they have zero chance of getting.

Exactly so we need to change the pool of players we look at.  Looking at the odd part time player for a start wouldn't be a bad idea.

Personal highlight for me this one. Our chairman genuinely saying what fans of other clubs have accused us fans of doing since we’ve been down here. “It’s unfair the other wee teams raise their games against us cos we’re the big boys!”. Absolutely fucking pathetic!!!!

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly so we need to change the pool of players we look at.  Looking at the odd part time player for a start wouldn't be a bad idea.

Was there not a 3/4 week spell in the summer when you didn’t sign anyone? That was probably the reason.

19 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Definitely veering into birthday caird territory here but it's actually touching to see so many fans of other clubs watching this and empathising. Thank you.

Scottish football is mostly decent c***s really. Outside old firm fans of course. 

I, as a Montrose fan, think that Falkirk's board and management are doing a great job-long may it continue!! In all seriousness it's never good to see fans alienated by the club they love. I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of the situation but there seems to be a lack of respect for the fans coming from the board and management, which is not good to see

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye then we signed Jaime Wilson.

Aye probably after trying and failing to get players out with your pull as a league one club.

I know exactly how the Falkirk fans are feeling because I’m confident I went through the same emotions when reading our ridiculous statement.

Blaming supporters, nonsensical excuses, board out of touch with the fan base. I think a season behind closed doors has eroded what little common sense these dafties had to begin with.

28 minutes ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

Just listened to that whilst at work, and have taken 5 to type this. What the actual f**k is wrong with your board? Attacking fans, attacking old players, high up Falkirk officials (especially your chairman) getting cheeky with players. The only person who can come out of this and genuinely say they showed themselves with class is Sheerin. Raith and Falkirk fans have had their patter over the last few seasons, but I think 99% of Raith fans actually feel sorry for Falkirk fans at this stage. Hope you get out of this situation.

Feel sorry for them?! Come on now…

That's what gets me the most.
The supporter is obviously passionate and his question is polite, knowledgeable and well-researched.
To then have Deans patronise him by going on about "it's not a question, it's a statement" is rage-inducing.
It was unbelievably patronising and unnecessary.

It was also wrong, he did ask a question about how long things would continue before there's a change

15 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Thank you.

When you, the wider audience, take this piss out of us for saying we should be doing better but are hamstrung by utter incompetence at the top level - see? We are correct.

Did you have the same thoughts when Rangers fans were fighting the board? I doubt it.

It's an absolute disgrace what boards can get away with. This Q&A is a masterclass in avoiding questions.