The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The navy blue offered an alternative and the investment to back it up  but were quickly shown the door.  The current bod could only raise a pretty poor 30k at the last share sale out with themselves and the Rawlins whilst the navy blue managed to raise 500k plus in 4 days.Deans keeps saying on one hand his life would be far easier without being chairman whilst on the other hand doing everything he can to stay chairman. They've had their chance they've tried and failed time to hold their hands up and move on.

Were people from that group there?  because they didn't seem to have an answer to the boards response which was, whether agreeable or not, quite clear.  I would have been interested to hear it.

I watched this after seeing all the fanfare on here and can’t say I think that it’s as bad as I thought.

We are in the shit for sure, Gordon asking for support from fans is understandable but very cringe worthy.

Sheerin making himself a target with being too candid with his ‘I wish I had the answers’ response though. If he instead responded with what he’s trying to do about it through coaching I might have been like ok fair enough least they are trying something. But saying he didn’t have the answers in the way he did made it seem as if he will never get the answer. Worrying. 

If they have any level of awareness they’ll give Holt and Sheerin more budget and be looking to spend some money on further recruitment to hit the right ratio of ‘getting signings right’, even the Q and A I feel is a mild reaction compared to what we’ll see if form doesn’t recover dramatically.

It sounds like binning is either Sheerin or Holt is the last thing we will see. 

Just now, tirso said:

Were people from that group there?  because they didn't seem to have an answer to the boards response which was, whether agreeable or not, quite clear.  I would have been interested to hear it.

They wanted to meet with Rawlins without deans and co present and were refused so took it no further . One good  thing out of Tuesdays carcrash is that hopefully Rawlins can now see the jokers running the club for what they really are instead of being fed Rosey info from the board of directors.  Let's not forget that deans and his cabal have invested very little in the club. Their share percentage is minimal . It's not their money they are wasting it's ours. The NB group were at least backing their bid with cold hard cash unlike them.  The problem now is that with the current bod having shown themselves up as a complete rabble who would want to work with them? Rawlins yes but I'd be wanting every other member cleared out before I invested anything and deans has made it clear he isn't going anywhere.

5 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

I watched this after seeing all the fanfare on here and can’t say I think that it’s as bad as I thought.

We are in the shit for sure, Gordon asking for support from fans is understandable but very cringe worthy.

Sheerin making himself a target with being too candid with his ‘I wish I had the answers’ response though. If he instead responded with what he’s trying to do about it through coaching I might have been like ok fair enough least they are trying something. But saying he didn’t have the answers in the way he did made it seem as if he will never get the answer. Worrying. 

If they have any level of awareness they’ll give Holt and Sheerin more budget and be looking to spend some money on further recruitment to hit the right ratio of ‘getting signings right’, even the Q and A I feel is a mild reaction compared to what we’ll see if form doesn’t recover dramatically.

Give them more money to piss down the drain on crap players? They already have comfortably the biggest budget in the league so throwing more money at the same folk won't make any difference what so ever.

Just now, well fan for life said:

Ok I'm 34 minutes in now. This is honestly one of the worst responses to flack I've seen in...well about 4 days since Dave Cormack rung up the national broadcaster for an argument on Monday. 

A properly horrendous response to justifiable criticism from the support. 

Deans is just Cormack lite mate. His heads stuck half way up his arse. He even mentions him at the meeting. Sheerin and Glass will both be gone by the end of the season that's one thing that I'm certain about .

10 hours ago, tirso said:

Just listened to the Q and A.  

To be honest, I thought they all came across reasonably well and want what's best for the club.  

"Recruitment" has been very poor.  There's a revolving door feel about the club and that doesn't help attract good players.

Some of the questions weren't really questions.  If fans have a gripe they should be specific.  The 'stirring' speech about "objective" early on by an elderly guy for example wasn't actually very enlightening.  Just noise.  

The officials have restarted the academy, brought in a football man to help with recruitment and given the manager the biggest budget in the league by far.  The board don't trap the ball on a Saturday.  Not sure what anyone else would do differently.   The fans didn't come up with any specific suggestions and none of the fans' speakers sounded more competent than the panel.

Unfortunately though my head tells me the players aren't good enough.  That's the bottom line.  Why we're still failing to attract better players is perplexing.  I'm not sure any of the recruits (bar Nesbit) are any better than last season.  That's on Holt I would say.  On paper he should have good contacts but the players are just not good enough.

I was actually hoping that I could blame poor club management but the challenges seem to be in the playing side. For whatever reason we don't seem to have the contacts in the game to attract better players.

What an embarrassing mess from someone that must be a relation of one of those on the panel.

As a Dundee fan, I was cringing for you lot having to suffer through just listening to those charlatans. Dundee FFS.

13 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Fucking hell. :lol:

What an embarrassing mess from someone that must be a relation of one of those on the panel.
As a Dundee fan, I was cringing for you lot having to suffer through just listening to those charlatans. Dundee FFS.

Absolutely this.

I’ve been pretty critical of the Rovers’ output and generally being run quite poorly over the last year or so, but I’m thanking my lucky stars that we’ve not got the Falkirk board.

47 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Does any body else feel Colborn should be held accountable for his statement about the vast majority of fans behaving unacceptably? I actually  think he should at least be made to clarify this and be pressed more on the ridiculous notion that the players are 5th in tier 3 because the fans are booing them after bad performances. If he doesn’t he should retract the statement and apologise or risk driving a further wedge between the club and the fans. Nothing either Deans, Colborn or Mcfarlane said the other night done anything to help matters, in fact they achieved the opposite displaying an arrogant, defensive tone throughout, they genuinely believe they are doing a good job and none of our current ills are they’re fault. I expect season tickets and crowds to fall further as a result. I did think Rawlins came across well however he needs to be more hands on, if he buggers of to America again and leaves this lot in charge we’re near doomed! Never thought I’d say this but maybe SA or MR need to come out of they’re  deep sleep and be more involved again in a club they do still own a decent chunk of, especially if Rawlins intends on living in the USA. 

I really, really don't want to stick up for him, because he was a disgrace, but I think he worded that badly (nothing new there) and what he was meaning was the vast majority of fans find the behaviour of some unacceptable. I may well be wrong though, I can't force myself to watch it again to check.

I really, really don't want to stick up for him, because he was a disgrace, but I think he worded that badly (nothing new there) and what he was meaning was the vast majority of fans find the behaviour of some unacceptable. I may well be wrong though, I can't force myself to watch it again to check.

You are correct. That is what he says.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They wanted to meet with Rawlins without deans and co present and were refused so took it no further . One good  thing out of Tuesdays carcrash is that hopefully Rawlins can now see the jokers running the club for what they really are instead of being fed Rosey info from the board of directors.  Let's not forget that deans and his cabal have invested very little in the club. Their share percentage is minimal . It's not their money they are wasting it's ours. The NB group were at least backing their bid with cold hard cash unlike them.  The problem now is that with the current bod having shown themselves up as a complete rabble who would want to work with them? Rawlins yes but I'd be wanting every other member cleared out before I invested anything and deans has made it clear he isn't going anywhere.

okay cheers for the info.  Is the issue one of investment though? We have the biggest budget in the league by a turn.   Presumably the new board would, as this one, have invested to have the biggest budget in the league.  

2 minutes ago, Wee Jockie said:

Neither a fan of Falkirk nor a hater. But maybe, just maybe you need to accept your place in the new order of things.
Initially I thought you would walk this league much like Rangers did x years ago. You didn’t and won’t.
But, maybe you have found your new level?

That will indeed be the case of things don't change quickly. The fact we're still getting crowds of 3500 to 4000 every week is a minor miracle but won't last for ever if this keeps up. Regime change is urgently needed.

Another of the boards favourite mantras was if you keep doing what you've always done you'll always get what you got.

Sadly, this is why fans need to stop just investing their money in the club. it causes short term pain but the alternative in keeping these charlatans in power is that its going to get even worse.

I can accept Holt and Sheerin being shite at their jobs. Recruitment and management aren't easy. If there isn't a quick improvement they'll no doubt be sacked at some point and we'll move on.

But what I cannot accept, is the dumplings who appointed them failing to accept even a modicum of accountability - and instead laying the blame squarely at the feet of the fans. Despite 4 seasons of shite, a look at our home gates so far this season:

Peterhead 2,806 (reduced Covid capacity)
Clyde 3,545
Queens Park 4,043
Dumbarton 3,518
East Fife 3,250
Airdrie 3,525

Which is a great effort.

In those 6 matches, we've scored 8 goals and concede 8, resulting in 3 wins and 3 defeats. Fans are quite right to vent their frustration at that and Colburn and Deans attitudes last night were disgusting.

2 minutes ago, tirso said:

okay cheers for the info.  Is the issue one of investment though? We have the biggest budget in the league by a turn.   Presumably the new board would, as this one, have invested to have the biggest budget in the league.  

The latest board Rawlins apart haven't invested anything. The main problem thpugh is decision making. However, it's far easier to stick your head in the sand when you feck up spending other people's money and not your own. If you are investing half a million plus of your own hard earned cash you sure as hell will be doing everything to ensure its not just pished down the drain.