The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Absolute nonsense. I don't recall anyone on here, or remember seeing any Falkirk fan on twitter or anywhere else happy with the appointment of Gary Holt. He is an utter charlatan and he's not a good appointment on paper or anywhere lese.

I honestly wasn't going to engage with you as your obviously a patsy for the board, but there's no way you can say Gary Holt was a good appointment.

i get it.  it's easier to play the ball rather than the man.  I'm no patsy for anybody.  I've watched the Q&A and make my honest assessment and would rather say what i think than just agree with groupthink on here.  

yes i do think many were right that the previous regime seemed to have too much say on the playing side.  So a football man was brought in to help with that.  I think it was a decent appointment; a former prem manager, english prem and international experience and good contacts in the game?  of course it seems an upgrade on Lex Miller.  the manager has the final say.  With 2020 vision has it been a success?  clearly not, the players brought through simply aren't good enough.  If it had come out we are underfunding the team i would be having a different conversation.  Issue falls squarly with Holt and the manager.  Problem is we can't just keep changing things as players look at us and think we're a revolving door.  Unfortunately i think we might have to because i dont think Holt or Sheerin are up to it.

What actually makes me a little bit sad about the whole thing is that for a club that I've followed my entire life and has (believe it or not!) brought me significant joy, I hate nearly everything about it at the moment. The out-of touch, arrogant board of directors who think they are above the fans; the entire management structure including Holt (arsehole) and Sheerin (maybe a nice guy, but never wanted him in the first place and never a manager in 1000 years); 99% of the absolutely minging squad we've assembled. Even the happy-clappy supporters - the ones who probably agreed with Deans and Colburn the other night - who constantly churn out the same pish about "just getting behind the team!" even as standards continue to tumble, gets you raging. It's enough to make you pack it in altogether.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 minutes ago, tirso said:

i get it.  it's easier to play the ball rather than the man.  I'm no patsy for anybody.  I've watched the Q&A and make my honest assessment and would rather say what i think than just agree with groupthink on here.  

yes i do think many were right that the previous regime seemed to have too much say on the playing side.  So a football man was brought in to help with that.  I think it was a decent appointment; a former prem manager, english prem and international experience and good contacts in the game?  of course it seems an upgrade on Lex Miller.  the manager has the final say.  With 2020 vision has it been a success?  clearly not, the players brought through simply aren't good enough.  If it had come out we are underfunding the team i would be having a different conversation.  Issue falls squarly with Holt and the manager.  Problem is we can't just keep changing things as players look at us and think we're a revolving door.  Unfortunately i think we might have to because i dont think Holt or Sheerin are up to it.

Nothing will change till deans's crew are emptied out the club. You get rid of Holt and sheerin and it's the same clowns that have failed previously picking the replacements. The fact that deans thinks him being there or not makes little difference is frankly ludicrous.  

Does any body else feel Colborn should be held accountable for his statement about the vast majority of fans behaving unacceptably? I actually  think he should at least be made to clarify this and be pressed more on the ridiculous notion that the players are 5th in tier 3 because the fans are booing them after bad performances. If he doesn’t he should retract the statement and apologise or risk driving a further wedge between the club and the fans. Nothing either Deans, Colborn or Mcfarlane said the other night done anything to help matters, in fact they achieved the opposite displaying an arrogant, defensive tone throughout, they genuinely believe they are doing a good job and none of our current ills are they’re fault. I expect season tickets and crowds to fall further as a result. I did think Rawlins came across well however he needs to be more hands on, if he buggers of to America again and leaves this lot in charge we’re near doomed! Never thought I’d say this but maybe SA or MR need to come out of they’re  deep sleep and be more involved again in a club they do still own a decent chunk of, especially if Rawlins intends on living in the USA. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Does any body else feel Colborn should be held accountable for his statement about the vast majority of fans behaving unacceptably? actually think he should at least be made to clarify this and be pressed more on the ridiculous notion that the players are 5th in tier 3 because the fans are booing them after bad performances. If he doesn’t he should retract the statement and apologise or risk driving a further wedge between the club and the fans. Nothing either Deans, Colborn or Mcfarlane said the other night done anything to help matters, in fact they achieved the opposite, I expect season tickets and crowds to fall further as a result. I did think Rawlins came across well however he needs to be more hands on, if he buggers of to America again and leaves this lot in charge we’re near doomed! 

There was a similar fans' meeting about 12 years ago that started off inside the stadium and had to be moved out into the stands. There was a very similar incident where a representative for Bairns Trust stood up and threatened that essentially we had to put up and shut up, as otherwise we wouldn't have a team to support. As I'm sure you can imagine it went down like a lead balloon.

9 hours ago, tirso said:

Just listened to the Q and A.  

To be honest, I thought they all came across reasonably well and want what's best for the club.  

"Recruitment" has been very poor.  There's a revolving door feel about the club and that doesn't help attract good players.

Some of the questions weren't really questions.  If fans have a gripe they should be specific.  The 'stirring' speech about "objective" early on by an elderly guy for example wasn't actually very enlightening.  Just noise.  

The officials have restarted the academy, brought in a football man to help with recruitment and given the manager the biggest budget in the league by far.  The board don't trap the ball on a Saturday.  Not sure what anyone else would do differently.   The fans didn't come up with any specific suggestions and none of the fans' speakers sounded more competent than the panel.

Unfortunately though my head tells me the players aren't good enough.  That's the bottom line.  Why we're still failing to attract better players is perplexing.  I'm not sure any of the recruits (bar Nesbit) are any better than last season.  That's on Holt I would say.  On paper he should have good contacts but the players are just not good enough.

I was actually hoping that I could blame poor club management but the challenges seem to be in the playing side. For whatever reason we don't seem to have the contacts in the game to attract better players.

I may be a Pars fan but even I’m disgusted by this simpering, boot-licking pish.

9 hours ago, tirso said:

Just listened to the Q and A.  

To be honest, I thought they all came across reasonably well and want what's best for the club.  

"Recruitment" has been very poor.  There's a revolving door feel about the club and that doesn't help attract good players.

Some of the questions weren't really questions.  If fans have a gripe they should be specific.  The 'stirring' speech about "objective" early on by an elderly guy for example wasn't actually very enlightening.  Just noise.  

The officials have restarted the academy, brought in a football man to help with recruitment and given the manager the biggest budget in the league by far.  The board don't trap the ball on a Saturday.  Not sure what anyone else would do differently.   The fans didn't come up with any specific suggestions and none of the fans' speakers sounded more competent than the panel.

Unfortunately though my head tells me the players aren't good enough.  That's the bottom line.  Why we're still failing to attract better players is perplexing.  I'm not sure any of the recruits (bar Nesbit) are any better than last season.  That's on Holt I would say.  On paper he should have good contacts but the players are just not good enough.

I was actually hoping that I could blame poor club management but the challenges seem to be in the playing side. For whatever reason we don't seem to have the contacts in the game to attract better players.

You sir are an idiot.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nothing will change till deans's crew are emptied out the club. You get rid of Holt and sheerin and it's the same clowns that have failed previously picking the replacements. The fact that deans thinks him being there or not makes little difference is frankly ludicrous.  

one of the reasons i watched the Q&A was in hope someone would step forward with a better plan.  These guys have been in since 2019 or less.  The fans wanted the academy set up, less involvement from the board in football matters and more funding.  Was hoping there was someone with some good ideas or pinpoint reasons for the failures.  Instead it was mainly empty points and understandable frustration.  I'm not sure the players are giving everything either; morale is low.  there's no real connection between the fans and the team.  They've not given us anything to support on the park.  The best point all night was about the team seeming to lack heart. 

31 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Even the happy-clappy supporters - the ones who probably agreed with Deans the other night - who constantly churn out the same pish about "just getting behind the team!" even as standards continue to tumble, gets you raging. It's enough to make you pack it in altogether.

Please don't.

As Winston Churchill once said:

We shall fight them in the boardroom, we shall fight the happy clappers on COYB Facebook, we shall fight in the chat-rooms and on Twitter, we shall fight in the stands; we shall never surrender,

FUT Champions Weekend League Thread - Page 603 — FIFA Forums

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Another episode that has made us the laughing stock between other supporters, and quite rightly so. Just wish you could paint a red neck on these idiots. Fat chance when you can’t even blowtorch one on.

If I am honest I want this to be the talk of Scotland, podcasts, tv shows etc. 

Get the pressure put on these clowns.

3 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

It's now not just a pile on from other fans - but people who have a decent following within Scottish Ftiba Twitter

Only a matter of time before the journos get involved 

Hope he can now see what a twat he made of himself! The rest of Scottish football obviously can! Embarrassing 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, keithgy said:

You sir are an idiot.

pff falkirk is going downhill.  We all want what's best for the club, thanks for the abuse.  I wish you a good day.

if you think im happy about the way things are going, you are over reacting to my post.  I'm far from it.

7 minutes ago, tirso said:

one of the reasons i watched the Q&A was in hope someone would step forward with a better plan.  These guys have been in since 2019 or less.  The fans wanted the academy set up, less involvement from the board in football matters and more funding.  Was hoping there was someone with some good ideas or pinpoint reasons for the failures.  Instead it was mainly empty points and understandable frustration.  I'm not sure the players are giving everything either; morale is low.  there's no real connection between the fans and the team.  They've not given us anything to support on the park.  The best point all night was about the team seeming to lack heart. 

The navy blue offered an alternative and the investment to back it up  but were quickly shown the door.  The current bod could only raise a pretty poor 30k at the last share sale out with themselves and the Rawlins whilst the navy blue managed to raise 500k plus in 4 days.Deans keeps saying on one hand his life would be far easier without being chairman whilst on the other hand doing everything he can to stay chairman. They've had their chance they've tried and failed time to hold their hands up and move on.

There has been one good thing come from this Q&A and that's that the fans have now all been brought together in agreement and a common outlook that those in charge are a shambles and change is needed. Without sounding like birthday caird pish, I can see the support rallying around and giving their backing, but not to the team or those in charge, but actually backing each other now. Petty squabbles or formation debates are now out of the window. I feel as a support this is the most unified we have been and we are now all in this together. 

Holy f**k.

That is horrendous.

You guys need to get your act together and start a movement. That should be a rallying call to shake off the apathy. Forget a long tenure in League One and this being your level for years to come, your club is fucked altogether if that's what is running you.