The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m amazed that Q&A ended without punches being thrown. Echo the sentiments of other posters. Good laugh watching Falkirk over the last few years (especially as a Morton fan) but the wankers behind that table are the real enemy. The constant sniggering, “statement not a question” and just lack of accountability is infuriating, even as a neutral. Guys that see themselves as above football fans, annoyed they’re even being questioned about their colossal failures. 

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Very very decent attempt that, had me going for a few seconds.

For the trolls who come on here after our weekly loss, that’s how it’s done. Already a few bites I see 

That's all well and good, except it was a serious comment. 

You've got a decent budget. You don't need a worldie of a manager. You just need a competent coach and a bit of continuity. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That's all well and good, except it was a serious comment. 

You've got a decent budget. You don't need a worldie of a manager. You just need a competent coach and a bit of continuity. 

You need to get the competent coach in first though and then the continuity comes naturally. No point keeping on coaches that are utterly clueless.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You need to get the competent coach in first though and then the continuity comes naturally. No point keeping on coaches that are utterly clueless.

M&M was a bold try that failed…OK, but then Sheerin? A guy with little real and relevant experience at running a team rather than coaching the lads he’s given. His record at his only real job, Arbroath, suggested that Sheerin might be unable or unwilling to adapt his strategy and tactics to his actual players.

The BoD and DF failed at their primary task of providing the team a manager that could utilize the provided players and deliver the desired results. After the more than year long experiment of M&M, the Club simply had to deliver a safe pair of hands to take over the team, and they badly misjudged it.

Now Falkirk are belaboured by a series of badly chosen long term contracts, a disillusioned fan base, a demotivated team and a demoralized manager. Either the BoD and DF cannot see that change at their level is necessary, or Rawlins is preventing the change with his effective veto over changes. Regardless, if the nosedive cannot be arrested before late December, there is every possibility that another rash and ill-planned game of musical chairs will play out, probably to Falkirk’s detriment again. It hasn’t yet reached Anelka at Raith levels of parody, but it is potentially as dangerous to the Club in terms of crippling its connection to its fans.

Good luck, the Falkirk fans are what will have to save this.

Another outsider who tuned into this meeting as a couple of pals support the bairns and keep an eye on my local club.

What an absolute shit show. Colburn started off for a minute fairly well with a wee background on his family all being Falkirk fans. Then the negativity started - read the room you weapon. You are a full time team with the largest budget in the league - fans have every right to voice their opinion. Embarrassing moment getting the mic taken off him but 😂

Deans - what a tit with his reply to the opening question. Should firstly have thanked the boy for doing his homework and providing those statistics. Felt the Falkirk fans who attended on the night were excellent, voiced their displeasure and laughed at the board when they gave a shit answer - bravo ladies and gents. The point mentioned regarding ex players raising their game was completely absurd. All teams will come up against ex players so it's the same for everyone. I highly doubt Dylan Easton is extra motivated for a game against Clyde over the likes of a top of the league clash against Queens Park come spring time.

Sheerin - felt like he started off ok but got more uncomfortable as the night went on. From an outsiders point of view I do like him. It can't be easy having Holt next to you and recruiting absolute shite for you to work with but he needs to do better himself. His answer regarding the Huddersfield player was dreadful. A better response would be "he's working hard in training and we hope to give him an opportunity in the near future", Not slate him. Hope he comes across better on the training pitch.

Holt - absolute bell. I watched the previous meeting where Holt watched in the darkness before switching the light on when it was his moment. Arguing over 2 goals last season is like me arguing with a mate about getting a joiner for £5 cheaper. He'd have a point if a striker had banged in 20 goals. It was amusing how much Rollins wife looked completely bemused at Holt throughout the evening.

Phil Rollins - came across well and seemed like a decent guy.

Well done to the presenter as well. Thought he did a great job and stepped in when required.

Edited by dave_binos

Just listened to the Q and A.  

To be honest, I thought they all came across reasonably well and want what's best for the club.  

"Recruitment" has been very poor.  There's a revolving door feel about the club and that doesn't help attract good players.

Some of the questions weren't really questions.  If fans have a gripe they should be specific.  The 'stirring' speech about "objective" early on by an elderly guy for example wasn't actually very enlightening.  Just noise.  

The officials have restarted the academy, brought in a football man to help with recruitment and given the manager the biggest budget in the league by far.  The board don't trap the ball on a Saturday.  Not sure what anyone else would do differently.   The fans didn't come up with any specific suggestions and none of the fans' speakers sounded more competent than the panel.

Unfortunately though my head tells me the players aren't good enough.  That's the bottom line.  Why we're still failing to attract better players is perplexing.  I'm not sure any of the recruits (bar Nesbit) are any better than last season.  That's on Holt I would say.  On paper he should have good contacts but the players are just not good enough.

I was actually hoping that I could blame poor club management but the challenges seem to be in the playing side. For whatever reason we don't seem to have the contacts in the game to attract better players.

40 minutes ago, tirso said:

To be honest, I thought they all came across reasonably well and want what's best for the club.  

"Recruitment" has been very poor.  There's a revolving door feel about the club and that doesn't help attract good players.

Some of the questions weren't really questions.  If fans have a gripe they should be specific.  The 'stirring' speech about "objective" early on by an elderly guy for example wasn't actually very enlightening.  Just noise.  

The officials have restarted the academy, brought in a football man to help with recruitment and given the manager the biggest budget in the league by far.  The board don't trap the ball on a Saturday.  Not sure what anyone else would do differently.   The fans didn't come up with any specific suggestions and none of the fans' speakers sounded more competent than the panel.

Unfortunately though my head tells me the players aren't good enough.  That's the bottom line.  Why we're still failing to attract better players is perplexing.  I'm not sure any of the recruits (bar Nesbit) are any better than last season.  That's on Holt I would say.  On paper he should have good contacts but the players are just not good enough.

I was actually hoping that I could blame poor club management but the challenges seem to be in the playing side. For whatever reason we don't seem to have the contacts in the game to attract better players.

Feck me.😂😂

Guest Caractacus Potts

Reading a comment on Facebook praising Phil Rawlins need for infrastructure. I get that we need people in place to run the club but there’s no point in laying foundations for a Skyscraper if it only leaves you enough money to build a bungalow.

We shouldn’t leave the first team underfunded for unnecessary positions and vanity projects. 

The one thing that baffles me is Gary Holt doing recruitment. 

We kept him far far away from recruitment and let Martindale work on that, given his successes. 

Other than that, that was pretty banterful, keep it coming.

6 hours ago, tirso said:

What's 'perplexing' about it? It's not difficult. 

We sign shit because a) We're not paying enough for quality in the right areas and b) Holt and Sheerin are useless clowns as were their predecessors.  

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

The one thing that baffles me is Gary Holt doing recruitment. 

We kept him far far away from recruitment and let Martindale work on that, given his successes. 

Other than that, that was pretty banterful, keep it coming.

These clowns actually think they've slickened things up. Made recruitment more 'professional '. 

That's borne out of course by signing Jaime Wilson, Ruth, Ompreon, Hetherington, Ross, McKay etcetera 

A 'Who's He?' of Scottish football. 

'Wuv goat a fitba man in charge noo'. Aye  but it's Gary Fucking Holt. 

He hasn't been mentioned too much but Colin McFarlane came across woefully too. Clueless. No idea why he's at the club.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

12 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

What's 'perplexing' about it? It's not difficult. 

We sign shit because a) We're not paying enough for quality in the right areas and b) Holt and Sheerin are useless clowns as were their predecessors.  

I wouldn't bother responding to someone who is most likely either a board member or a friend of a board member.