The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm having to make my way through it in segments as I'm getting too riled up everytime I go on it!

I'm not seeing the praise for Holt personally - to me, he's coming across as arrogant as ever and when he takes a break from the condescension he just talks pish in riddles.  Maybe in comparison to the rest of the panel he was 'better', but a jobby with glitter on it is still a jobby. Get them all out.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'm having to make my way through it in segments as I'm getting too riled up everytime I go on it!

I'm not seeing the praise for Holt personally - to me, he's coming across as arrogant as ever and when he takes a break from the condescension he just talks pish in riddles.  Maybe in comparison to the rest of the panel he was 'better', but a jobby with glitter on it is still a jobby. Get them all out.

I agree. He’s an arrogant b*****d. To tell someone they obviously don’t watch the games because they said McCann loses a lot of headers is a disgrace. The whole thing was a PR shambles and someone on the board is a bloody partner in a PR firm! 

That boy at the start saying not to boo players, and at the same time saying 'never thought I'd be in this position' simply showing his ineptitude and how he shouldn't be in that position. Sheerin has his head down a lot when others are being asked questions or talking. A clear 'get me out of here' or lack of confidence body language showing. The Gary's are both arrogant and very bad speakers who disengage with the supporters. The boy Rawlins couldn't give two shots. A wee bit of pocket money in the hope it works. If not, pull the investment and you've a Raith Rovers Claude Anelka situation where 20 years later the recovery has just about rebounded.

I do think we have to be more supportive towards the dross, but simply saying not to boo. I'm surprised they didn't say something about mental health, or Hetherington goes home to his Granny crying because the bad men abuse me at my work.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I agree. He’s an arrogant b*****d. To tell someone they obviously don’t watch the games because they said McCann loses a lot of headers is a disgrace. The whole thing was a PR shambles and someone on the board is a bloody partner in a PR firm! 

I hope they set Holt some KPIs when they offered him the job. he must be failing miserably. 

As an outsider looking in, Falkirk appear to be getting successively worse with each managerial appointment in the past five years. Each and every one has effectively been hounded out via social media. Even when they were top of the league last season Falkirk fans were not happy. 

Maybe Falkirk need to show a bit of balls and stick with a management team for more than 12 months and they might turn things around. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

As an outsider looking in, Falkirk appear to be getting successively worse with each managerial appointment in the past five years. Each and every one has effectively been hounded out via social media. Even when they were top of the league last season Falkirk fans were not happy. 

Maybe Falkirk need to show a bit of balls and stick with a management team for more than 12 months and they might turn things around. 

Or appoint a competent manager who doesn't need sacked?

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

We weren't happy because we could see what was about to happen FFS and we're proven spot on.  When you have  comfortably the biggest wage bill in the league you expect results not 5 wins out of 20 games in division 3. 

7 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Very very decent attempt that, had me going for a few seconds.

For the trolls who come on here after our weekly loss, that’s how it’s done. Already a few bites I see 

I've just had this on in the background and it's absolutely incredible. I know relatively little about the dynamics and inner workings of Falkirk, but it's fucking wild to see the board immediately start a Q&A by telling the fans they shouldn't boo players on the pitch. It struck me as hugely disrespectful to suggest League 1 teams are trying harder against Falkirk simply because they have some former players who will "try harder". This league is an utter cesspit and teams might sit defensively at times against full time clubs, but it's utterly insane to suggest that there's some personal grudge to drive them on because "it's Falkirk". 

Just now, keithgy said:

I have said all along we are a L1 side and we do not need a DOF or a Chief Executive,spend the little money we have left on the competitive playing staff and not a waste of space none playing staff.

I'm not sure it would make much difference to be honest. We already have the biggest budget in the league at the moment firing more cash at shite players and a shite manager wouldn't change much. It's not the budget that's the issue it's the way it's being spent.

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have said all along we are a L1 side and we do not need a DOF or a Chief Executive,spend the little money we have left on the competitive playing staff and not a waste of space none playing staff.

To be fair Jamie’s job is Kieran’s old job rebranded so like for like.

Just finished the Q&A

The positives: I thought Phil Rawlins, as he has done previously, seemed the most competent of them all and I do agree with the points around building a better infrastructure for the club. I get the impression that if given time, the club will be better for him being involved.

Holt talking about the youth academy was good to hear and I am very happy that we have restarted it.

Not exactly a huge positive but I didn't think Sheerin came across as poorly as others have said, he clearly believes in his style and thinks it'll pay dividends in the future, only time will tell I suppose.

The negatives: Everyone has mentioned it but the comments about the fans and "that's a statement" were absolutely wild and an insane tact to begin the night with. The guy who got shot down with the "statement" had clearly researched a very reasonable point and it deserved more respect. Deans initially came across quite poorly and condescending as he has done several times.

Defending the recruitment made absolutely no sense to me, if we have the biggest budget in the league and we sit 5th with a negative goal difference then something is clearly wrong. It is obvious that we have not made great strides in recruitment no matter how bad it was before behind the scenes. Nesbitt aside we have not recruited any better than our previous seasons in League 1.

I thought that after the initial horror show it settled into an interesting watch although I don't think I'm more or less confident about our chances. If the recruitment doesn't improve significantly in January then all the infrastructure in the world won't save us and them heralding the new approach as a grand improvement scares me.