The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Do you honestly see us winning anytime soon, I'd guess by the time of the Alloa game we will have dropped lower than 5th

Not really but I do think that it won’t be really effective till we’re in a worse position than we are at present.

Would support it either way though. 

Thought Deans, Colburn and the PR guy were confrontational and looking for a fight. Holt came out of it a bit better surprisingly enough - I think he would have been prepared to discuss things in more detail. I gave up when Sheerin stood up after being asked what he's going to do to stop the rot and said "I don't really know".  I gave up at that point, might go back to it again later. 

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Thought Deans, Colburn and the PR guy were confrontational and looking for a fight. Holt came out of it a bit better surprisingly enough - I think he would have been prepared to discuss things in more detail. I gave up when Sheerin stood up after being asked what he's going to do to stop the rot and said "I don't really know".  I gave up at that point, might go back to it again later. 

Sheerin saying to himself god I wish I was better was a hard watch. You need to be a lot tougher and one hundred percent convinced by your own ability to be a football manager. Holt seemed quite passionate about the youth side of things and to me he should concentrate on that and let others do recruitment.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Do you know the other 12 strikers you missed out on?  Using Robinson and McManus may have been intentional to highlight the fact that they were offering deals to strikers you had little chance of getting, both money wise and level wise.  I highly doubt Robinson would drop down 2 levels, McManus possibly would've dropped down one level but obviously the Welsh could offer him much more money.

I'm guessing you probably enquired about Duku, Godorov etc.  I sound like a broken record here but a lot of guys won't be prepared to drop down to the 3rd tier.

Do you know the other 12 strikers you missed out on?  Using Robinson and McManus may have been intentional to highlight the fact that they were offering deals to strikers you had little chance of getting, both money wise and level wise.  I highly doubt Robinson would drop down 2 levels, McManus possibly would've dropped down one level but obviously the Welsh could offer him much more money.
I'm guessing you probably enquired about Duku, Godorov etc.  I sound like a broken record here but a lot of guys won't be prepared to drop down to the 3rd tier.

Tbh it’s Gary Holt saying that. I trust absolutely f**k all that comes out of that p***ks mouth.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It’s an absolutely meaningless statement but actually fairly smart from him.

I could’ve been DOF, offered a contract and wages to Tony Watt, Stevie May and Shankland. When they then knock those back because we’re in a shit league and can’t really compete wages wise, I can’t then say I’ve done my job but alas because we are where we are I didn’t get my intended targets. Which is what he’s done. Not fit for purpose, no matter how promising the youth team stuff is 

The beginning of that Q&A is shameful. Blaming the behaviour of the fans for losing fans is beyond laughable. Falkirk is losing fans because people have had enough of putting their money in a club that is completely mismanaged and drastically underperforming. We will continue to lose fans if this group of dim wits and charlatans continue to run our club. The audacity of these morons, we’re approaching relegation in league One and they think they should be immune from criticism. 

Having watched sections of the Q&A (mainly because I just can’t take how cringeworthy it is) my main takeaway has been the excuse that we can’t keep disposing of managers and players every season if it doesn’t work.

I do agree with this, however, what Deans, Holt etc don’t understand is that if we have capable people at board level, player and management recruitment would be concluded successfully. Their absolution of any kind of guilt makes them even more hated and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Deans comment about the first, very well researched, question being a statement highlights how out of touch and how much of an absolute w**ker he is.

47 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I couldn’t resist looking the venue up on Trip Advisor…

“Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa 2,048 reviews #2 of 3 Hotels in Polmont”, gets 3.5 out of 5. They had their choice of locations for the Q&A, and picked on in the middle of the field…seems about right.

Looking up tripadvisor reviews of the venue.

Holy shoite mate, that's a new low.