The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Did Jamie Swinney have much input into last nights affairs?

Have read a lot about the main players but his name has been absent and I thought he was involved in the Q&A.

Spoke for 2 minute. Most of that was him saying how proud he was that he had the opportunity to work at the club and that he is glad to see the academy back after being involved in the failed FV academy.

Did Jamie Swinney have much input into last nights affairs?

Have read a lot about the main players but his name has been absent and I thought he was involved in the Q&A.

A wee 30 second bit at the end about how he used to work in the academy. The same shite he said in his interview when he arrived. That aside he didn’t speak all night.

Btw an absolute riddy that some of the fans there were applauding the board members when Gary Deans was introducing them all.

Deans comments about Holt before he introduced him, sniggering away saying something like ‘oh I wonder how this is going to go’ was disgraceful as well.

as fully expected,  having watched the last Q&A, this has simply strengthened my resolve not to give these deluded,  spectacularly unsuccessful people a penny.

even if the results turned round, it's deeper than that for me, I dislike these people so much I still wouldn't go.

a clean sweep on the board and I'll start going back 

Airdrie game  last for me. I thought we would get beat anyway but after that last night has killed any lingering hope stone dead. Sad to say but just totally and utterly disillusioned with us, hope one day we will turn the corner and be a decent club again but checking the scores at 4.45 on a Saturday is about as much interest as I'll have for the foreseeable. 

Watching the Q&A again and have to say who on earth thought it was a good idea for Gordon Colborn to start the night by attacking the fans. Whether he was right or wrong about what he was saying it set the tone and divided the audience and board even further, if that was at all possible. Just goes to show how they have not got a clue about the current mood of the support.

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Watching the Q&A again and have to say who on earth thought it was a good idea for Gordon Colborn to start the night by attacking the fans. Whether he was right or wrong about what he was saying it set the tone and divided the audience and board even further, if that was at all possible. Just goes to show how they have not got a clue about the current mood of the support.

Every club has idiots that go too far. Every single club. They are in the minority though and shouldn't be raised as an example to the whole support when they should be  trying to get the fans onside. His comments about booing were also a complete farce. I've never seen a Falkirk team booed onto the park at 3 in the afternoon. Yes perhaps after watching a completely incipid display like Saturday the boos get louder and louder but I've seen far worse in my 40 odd years of supporting the club. Even at the end of matches the majority have left so it's hardly a bearpit . Complete joke comments.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Every club has idiots that go too far. Every single club. They are in the minority though and shouldn't be raised as an example to the whole support when they should be  trying to get the fans onside. His comments about booing were also a complete farce. I've never seen a Falkirk team booed onto the park at 3 in the afternoon. Yes perhaps after watching a completely incipid display like Saturday the boos get louder and louder but I've seen far worse in my 40 odd years of supporting the club. Even at the end of matches the majority have left so it's hardly a bearpit . Complete joke comments.

It's like Falkirk Zombie says above, it's as if they want to be hated. If they expect not to be booed with the level of performance recently they live in cloud cuckoo land. As you say every club has arseholes in their fanbase but I very much doubt they made up the audience last night.