The Falkirk FC Thread

Good Morning.

Stayed up until 2.30am my time reading the posts here as the Q&A was going ahead live and then woke up this morning to trawl through another 4 pages. Thanks to all of you for keeping us expats in the loop although it was a very depressing read to say the least.

Here’s my tuppence worth for what it’s worth.

The Board is hearing us but not listening to us, a big difference.

Our words didn’t appear to have any effect on their thinking and indeed Colborn blaming the fans for the team being absolutely shit shows just how tone deaf they are and they are treating us with contempt – well, no more. They say action speaks louder than words so here is my proposed action plan but it all depends on us putting our money and our shoe leather where our mouths are.

By my reckoning we have about 50 regular posters on P&B with maybe another 50 who pop in from time to time. Even if only the regular 50 posters chipped in with £20 each (the price of a ticket), that would give us £1,000. Things are much cheaper out here so I am a bit out of touch with what a grand could buy us back home but I am thinking that:

We get say a couple of thousand A5 flyers printed. No glossy, fancy Dan stuff, just bog-standard paper – most of them will probably end up on the ground anyway, sadly.

Set up a very basic website and get an email address organized so that people who want more info can email us and get exactly that.

Buy a couple of cheap phones and SIM cards so that folks can drop us a line or text us.

We have 2 away games coming up so that gives us until 6th November to get the above in situ.

If 49 of you (I’m not in Scotland, remember 😋) get leafleting outside the ground and talking to the fans for the Alloa game on 6th November we could maybe get a serious boycott organized for the Montrose game on 20th November.

I am so angry and frustrated just now, we have to do something, anything, to effect change within the club.

Edit: Sorry, we should of course have to draw up a list of our demands / grievances and what we would require to return to TFS.

FFC.pdf

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Don't know if you can view the pdf so here is my idea for the flyer.

FFC

FALKIRK FANS COMMITTEE

ARE YOU UNHAPPY WITH THE CLUB?

WANT TO MAKE CHANGE FOR THE GOOD?

WANT YOUR VOICE TO BE HEARD?

FOR MORE INFO VISIT OUR WEBSITE: WWW.FALKIRKFANS.CO.UK

EMAIL US: FALKIRKFANS@GMAIL.COM

CALL US ON 0123456789 / 0987654321

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So is that a yes or a no then? :unsure:

I 100% do not know what the reaction would be until it happened - which I don’t not expect to. 

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This is my second season out of the past 3 where I withheld my ST money and haven't attended any games. I stopped going the first season we went down as I was so gutted at us dropping to League 1 but I renewed last season after the Rawlins investment as I thought things were about to change. I haven't renewed this season and I haven't been to a single game. I just feel that for this to send the right message to the board it needs more than a handful of us doing it.  After tonight I feel really flat about the whole token gesture of me not attending games. I got the impression tonight that the majority there still go to games and feel that I'm only hurting myself by not going anymore. 

^^^Can't get in for nothing.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^Can't get in for nothing.

Don't honestly see the point in that. It's hardly a protest withholding ST money then trying to get in for free, that's just cheating all the other folk that are doing the same as me. Mind you what I hear of current team performances they should be paying us to go. Trust me if I go back to games I will pay my way.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Don't honestly see the point in that. It's hardly a protest withholding ST money then trying to get in for free, that's just cheating all the other folk that are doing the same as me. Mind you what I hear of current team performances they should be paying us to go. Trust me if I go back to games I will pay my way.

My point exactly.

Sheerins comments in particular are deluded. Most would argue Paul Dixon is out REAL most important player, yet can get dropped because of form, yet Hetherington... a player who I am sure was signed with the intention of being a very important lynchpin in the team, is a total form blindspot for him.

And now we have a wee indication of why Hetherington is turning in one pile of shite after another.... He knows EK is never getting in ahead of him. An embarrassing situation made worse by hypocrisy from the manager and a total umwillingnness to even look at someone else. If EK "will get chances" why is he not getting them when Hetherington is stinking the place out and the team needs something.... Anything from left field to turn results around.

Nice guy or not, thats total shite.

Guest Ecosse83

Have to say I’ve never really taken much interest in the board but obviously know it was rotten after reading things on here. 

Now that I have seen it with my own eyes I won’t be going to anymore games until they are gone. I was utterly shocked by that Colburn having the audacity to say what he did then Deans talking down to us treating fans with disdain. 

It’s quite simple there is NO way those clowns will improve us now we need to now vote with our feet to get rid of the charlatans! 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sheerins comments in particular are deluded. Most would argue Paul Dixon is out REAL most important player, yet can get dropped because of form, yet Hetherington... a player who I am sure was signed with the intention of being a very important lynchpin in the team, is a total form blindspot for him.

And now we have a wee indication of why Hetherington is turning in one pile of shite after another.... He knows EK is never getting in ahead of him. An embarrassing situation made worse by hypocrisy from the manager and a total umwillingnness to even look at someone else. If EK "will get chances" why is he not getting them when Hetherington is stinking the place out and the team needs something.... Anything from left field to turn results around.

Nice guy or not, thats total shite.

This - Sheerin has said in a public forum that EK won’t get near his first team. He’s basically destroyed his confidence whilst telling Hetherington he’ll never get dropped. What an absolute clown of a man. Terrible man management.

And this is us ‘developing a relationship’ with Huddersfield!!

Guest Caractacus Potts

For any protest to work, you really have to wait a little while. Maybe see what the lay of the land is near Christmas. The reason is that the vast majority of fans, despite wanting what’s best for the club, will turn up regardless. 

It’s only when our predicament is really looking perilous that you may get the rest on board. A few wins at the moment then any attempt to remove the board will fall flat on its face. 

The board have dug themselves a hole so let’s just see what happens. By all means withhold your money and fly the banners but it will take the majority of fans to stick together to allow real change to happen and I still don’t feel the appetite is quite there yet. Getting closer though. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

The irony of the whole situation is theres lots of fans (me included) willing to put money into the club if a suitable fan ownership scheme is introduced.

Instead we are left feeling powerless against a regime that appears from the outside to be a closed cartel, that would rather blame the fans for performances than look within.

Its a sad indictment that no one in this day and age feels they are accountable for their actions.

I just feel really sad about it all.

Guest Caractacus Potts
18 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

The irony of the whole situation is theres lots of fans (me included) willing to put money into the club if a suitable fan ownership scheme is introduced.

Instead we are left feeling powerless against a regime that appears from the outside to be a closed cartel, that would rather blame the fans for performances than look within.

Its a sad indictment that no one in this day and age feels they are accountable for their actions.

I just feel really sad about it all.

I agree. 

Think this underlines why the NB wanted parity for their money. Why stick in half a million if the stench of the current regime is still around and your investment has next to no effect as Deans and Co vote with the Rawlins. 

Rawlins likes to talk about a 3 legged stool but it’s a bloody wonky one if it’s the 6 of them against 2 others fan representatives, outside investors or whatever other token positions they want in exchange for much needed cash. 

Guest Ecosse83

Is there any email I can contact the club on? I’m now not attending games until at least Deans steps aside and although I know it won’t make much difference I feel I need to let them know why I won’t be attending. I really feel like getting something off my chest!

17 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Is there any email I can contact the club on? I’m now not attending games until at least Deans steps aside and although I know it won’t make much difference I feel I need to let them know why I won’t be attending. I really feel like getting something off my chest!

Supporters can now utilise the board@falkirkfc.co.uk email address to contact the Board with any questions you may have around the governance or operation of the Club. 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/06/30/qa-follow-up-and-work-to-date/

Edited by superandy_07

Seriously worrying times. 

As another poster said, it will only take a few half decent performances for the feel good factor to return for a good chunk of our support. 

We'll hear how difficult a division this is and how things still have a chance of coming good. 

That's all fine and well as that's how fans generally behave. There's always tomorrow. 

But, that last night was a wake up call for me at least, and many others I hope. 

To quote a good old scottish saying... It was just wind and pish! 

Accountants thinking they know best. Bean counters more interested in producing endless reports and stats trying to convince us they have a credible plan. 

As for Rawlins. We really need a genuine Stoke City perspective on whether he was indeed the messiah or merely in the background selling otters noses at the colloseum! 

10 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They believe in Holt and think the recruitment model they have in place now is much better than when Lex Miller was deciding transfer targets. .

That's a really low bar to be fair and nothing to crow about.

The question is - is it really?